IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alignment and dealership question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 09:33 PM
I<3MyIS350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment and dealership question

I have a wheel alignment problem and I was wondering if the dealer will fix it for free, since it is kinda like a factory defect?
Old 12-02-05, 10:07 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Kind of an odd question. Did you ask the dealer? I assume they'd will repair free or charge under warranty (providing it wasn't from abuse).
Old 12-02-05, 10:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by I<3MyIS350
I have a wheel alignment problem and I was wondering if the dealer will fix it for free, since it is kinda like a factory defect?
Your wheel alignment is under warranty for the first 20k miles. All Lexus Dealers should have Hunter Alignment machines and Hunter Balancing machines that also does roadforce.
Old 12-02-05, 10:36 PM
pita2go
Driver

see how come i never know about this kind of stuff? so weird.. i should read the fine print instead of wasting money on doing it outside.. sigh..
Old 12-03-05, 07:52 AM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any "adjustments" are covered for 12 months/20K miles, whichever comes first (pending inspection, of course)
Old 12-03-05, 07:25 PM
I<3MyIS350

I made an appointment for Monday and I will let you guys know then if its free or not.
Old 12-03-05, 10:37 PM
izzyracer
Driver

My car tracks straight even on high speeds. But it seem like my Steering wheel is about 2 to 5 degress off to the left. Is this an alignment issue? Do any other IS owners have this situation?
Old 12-03-05, 10:49 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by izzyracer
My car tracks straight even on high speeds. But it seem like my Steering wheel is about 2 to 5 degress off to the left. Is this an alignment issue? Do any other IS owners have this situation?
If it tracks straight and the wheel is off... the wheel is off center... aka alignment issue.

Good luck
Old 12-04-05, 12:33 AM
pita2go
Driver

yeah take it in.. not much of a waste
Old 12-04-05, 12:43 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

i had an alignment problem with my IS250. Took it to the dealer and they did and alignment said everything was fine but the car was still tracking to the right. Finally they admitted that a couple of other IS's were having the same issue. They gave me new tires and this solved the issue my car tracks perfectly now.
Old 12-04-05, 01:25 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I made an appointment for Monday and I will let you guys know then if its free or not.
It has to be free. If they give you trouble about it just biitch them out.

My uncle bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Truck. A month later took a road trip to Alaska from CA. Made 15k miles in a month. During his trip his alignment got shot. Came back to cali with his front tries worn unevenly. Took it to the Toyota dealership they did an alignment and replaced both front tires free of charge.. Of course little biitching was envolved.
Old 12-05-05, 06:53 PM
I<3MyIS350

Originally Posted by mofogasm
i had an alignment problem with my IS250. Took it to the dealer and they did and alignment said everything was fine but the car was still tracking to the right. Finally they admitted that a couple of other IS's were having the same issue. They gave me new tires and this solved the issue my car tracks perfectly now.
Hey thats what happened to me today when i went to the dealer, they said everything is fine even though its still tracking right after they did the check. Did you have to go back to them again or did they call you up and changed the tires for you?
Old 12-06-05, 11:56 AM
roadrocket
Driver School Candidate

I had alignment problems with my 350 that caused the vehicle to drift to the right, I asked lexus to check it out and they said they fixed the problem, well they didn't and I took it back again and then again! it took seven (7) !!!! Visits to the dealer to get it fixed, they ended up swaping out all four dunlops for micheline pilots, the problem is fixed but now the steering wheel isnt centered, but they have had the car WAY to long for me to take it back for that, they ended up putting over 150 miles "road testing" the car before they fixed the problem. Im glad that they were as diligent as they were in fixing the problem, I just didn't know that when I bought the car that I would be sponsoring a test mule! My car wasn't the only 350 in for alignment problems either, I think they may have a more serious technical problem on there hands? factory specs may need to be revised.
Old 12-06-05, 12:28 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

if the tires are pulling, then it's a tire problem. They usually check if the alignment is within spec, cross-rotate the tires (side to side) if required and then replace tires if absolutely necessary.
Old 12-06-05, 12:37 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

Hey thats what happened to me today when i went to the dealer, they said everything is fine even though its still tracking right after they did the check. Did you have to go back to them again or did they call you up and changed the tires for you?
Actually i had to call my service rep back and of course he didn't answer his phone or respond to my emails or return my phonecall since i left him a message. I had to locate the number of the manager through the dealers website and i contacted him and let him know that i wasn't too happy with the service i was getting. He arranged for me to have new tires and he gave me All weather floor mats and a couple of oil changes for free to make up for it.

Quick Reply: Alignment and dealership question