IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Time from Build to Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 01:52 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time from Build to Delivery?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for cars to arrive at the dealer from the time they are getting built?

My dealer just informed me that the IS250 AWD I'm looking for is going to be built in December. Should I expect it to arrive in January or February, or even later?
Old 12-02-05, 03:33 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Production takes a month. If they start in December, it doesn't get completed and shipped til January.
Delivery takes a month. Expect the car to arrive at port in early February for prep.
Prep takes a few weeks, depending on port-installed options and state testing, emmissions, documentation, etc.
Your car should be ready by early March.

Keep us informed with the status of your delivery. It will give everyone an accurate idea on how long the process takes.
Old 12-02-05, 11:31 PM
Shaine
Driver School Candidate

I was told they didnt have any incoming cars the way i wanted but they could have me one within 2-3 weeks. i dont know if that meant they were building me the car or what. its been almost 2 weeks now. im keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it is here within a week. I'm already not to happy with the things that have been going on with me at this dealership including the false information given to me by the salesman leading me to believe the car i ordered was coming with HID and rain sensing wipers. them exceeding there 2 week, 3 tops promise would really drive me over the edge.
Old 12-02-05, 11:40 PM
geri&eric
Driver School Candidate

i ordered my 250 back on sept. 5th. my dealer just informed me that it arrived yesterday (dec. 1st) and that i can take delivery by dec. 10th. woohoo!
Old 12-03-05, 01:47 AM
alphalpha
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my IS350 on Oct 19th, and I just received an email from the dealer saying that it will be ready for me, Dec. 15th.
Old 12-03-05, 07:20 AM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

As far as the previous 2 posters please be specific... did you special order your cars or just put in a request for a certain car and they were waiting for that type/combo to come in? There's a big difference. For vehicles built in japan it's usually about 3 months... example... I special ordered my car on Oct. 14th... I will likely have it on January around the 12th if it falls in line with other IS orders delivered here. I believe final cutoff for an order in a given month is the 20th... after that it goes into the next month's queue... so if I had ordered on Oct. 21st I wouldn't get the car until Feb 12th.

But if I had gone into the dealer and said I want a Black IS350 Sport package, with Nav and ML, and didn't special order it then who knows, they would probably look for one in surrounding dealer inventories and check allocations and see what they're getting or if they can get it as a trade from another dealer in the area, time fram could be much shorter or longer than the special order...

Advantages to the special order are that the time frame is generally consistent as special order cars are the first produced in a production run, and you get exactly what you want. So the timeframe could be vastly different depending on what you do.
Old 12-03-05, 11:24 AM
alphalpha
Driver School Candidate

I am not privy to special orders, as this is the first time I motivated to purchase a vehicle so close to it's inception. This is all I can tell you...

I met the owner of a dealership while on R&R from Iraq, and he told me to contact his sales manager around mid October. I told the manager, Oct. 15th, I wanted a Silver/Silver IS350, Nav/ML, Sport Package, Lip, and some accessories. He said, "ok." On the 19th he said the car had been ordered that morning. Earlier this week he replid to my inquiry on a delivery date and said it would be waiting for me on 15 Dec. I won't actually be back till 22 Dec, but that's ok. I am not sure if this was special ordered or not. I just told him what I wanted, he said no problem, and the 15th of Dec. was what I was told as far as availability for pick up. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old 12-03-05, 01:38 PM
emissivity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered an IS350 with ML/Nav and sport package through Toyota of Torrance (family retiree discount).

1) Email order place Nov 2.
2) Toyota Torrance sent order Nov 15th
3) Received order confirmation Nov 21st
4) Received confirmation of production Dec 2nd
5) Production delivery expected mid Jan
6) Expected delivery to Torrance mid Feb

I estimate the whole process would take around 3 months.

and yes the waiting does suck ....but you can get your fix by test driving it though various dealers around the area. I've test driven the car 6x already until I get my car in Feb.
Old 12-03-05, 02:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by emissivity
4) Received confirmation of production Dec 2nd
5) Production delivery expected mid Jan
What does that mean? It goes into production Dec 2 or mid-Jan?
Old 12-03-05, 05:37 PM
emissivity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It went to production on Dec2nd and should finish in mid Jan. Delivery from the factory to US should take around 1 month.
Old 12-03-05, 05:48 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by emissivity
It went to production on Dec2nd and should finish in mid Jan. Delivery from the factory to US should take around 1 month.
6 weeks to build? That doesn't sound right.
Old 12-07-05, 09:12 PM
geri&eric
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
As far as the previous 2 posters please be specific... did you special order your cars or just put in a request for a certain car and they were waiting for that type/combo to come in?
special order. my car arrived on the 1st and i take delivery on the 10th.