IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

climate control display

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-05, 05:09 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hashs99
I looked up 2 phone numbers last night, in a part of town I wasn't too familiar with. Ended up being really useful and it impressed the people I was with. Is it worth $2.5k???? Maybe to some, maybe not to others.

Can't wait to get a BT phone, damn Nextel.
Just a little FYI, the Nextel i870 has BT and works great with the car.
Old 12-05-05, 05:25 PM
hashs99
Driver

Originally Posted by Payam
Just a little FYI, the Nextel i870 has BT and works great with the car.

how about the blackberry?
Old 12-08-05, 12:00 AM
kevp913
Rookie

Everytime I get into my IS350 the air circulation goes to outside air, regardless of what I had it on when I turned it off! The system always stays on "Auto" with A/C on.

Is there a way to make the IS350 always keep the air circulation mode on AUTO (the middle LED)?
Old 12-08-05, 06:03 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kevp913
Everytime I get into my IS350 the air circulation goes to outside air, regardless of what I had it on when I turned it off! The system always stays on "Auto" with A/C on.

Is there a way to make the IS350 always keep the air circulation mode on AUTO (the middle LED)?
same here; I believe the default position is already auto (between fresh and recirc, based on the temp and humidity) for Lexus; however, the middle auto (smog sensor) is not on unless you press it. Quite of a hassel.
Old 12-08-05, 07:57 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jlin101
same here; I believe the default position is already auto (between fresh and recirc, based on the temp and humidity) for Lexus; however, the middle auto (smog sensor) is not on unless you press it. Quite of a hassel.
so the smog sensor only works when the air recirc is set to auto?
Old 01-09-06, 03:04 PM
kevp913
Rookie

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
so the smog sensor only works when the air recirc is set to auto?
Thats correct!
Old 01-09-06, 03:07 PM
kevp913
Rookie

OK so I just got back from Lexus Kearny Mesa (San Diego). They had one of their techs attempt to put the air circulation mode into AUTO when the car starts by using the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) and no matter which option he used (AUTO or MANUAL), the car refused to go into AUTO circulation mode on start-up! The tech got frustrated and called his Master Tech over to look into. They both agreed that something funny is going on with the LPS setting.

They are going to call their Lexus region rep and escalate the "problem" to see if it is a known issue. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-09-06, 04:11 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saske
I agree entirely, the 5th Gen. Nav sets this car apart, especially with BT.
You new IS owners have it good with the new Nav...I'm seriously jealous
Old 02-26-06, 09:45 AM
Duke02
Driver

Originally Posted by kevp913
OK so I just got back from Lexus Kearny Mesa (San Diego). They had one of their techs attempt to put the air circulation mode into AUTO when the car starts by using the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) and no matter which option he used (AUTO or MANUAL), the car refused to go into AUTO circulation mode on start-up! The tech got frustrated and called his Master Tech over to look into. They both agreed that something funny is going on with the LPS setting.

They are going to call their Lexus region rep and escalate the "problem" to see if it is a known issue. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm having the same problem and it's pretty annoying but I haven't brought it in to anybody. If they tell you how to fix it, please let us know. Much appreciated
Old 02-26-06, 10:45 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Auto Recirculation is NOT an LPS setting.
Old 02-26-06, 10:47 AM
Duke02
Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Auto Recirculation is NOT an LPS setting.
Any idea how to make Auto the default setting? It seems counterintuitive that you have to tell the system to use an Auto setting for recirc when the rest of the system is set to auto. May it was just an oversight
Old 02-26-06, 11:30 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Duke02
Any idea how to make Auto the default setting? It seems counterintuitive that you have to tell the system to use an Auto setting for recirc when the rest of the system is set to auto. May it was just an oversight
Seems like an oversight. Just like the last IS didn't remember the AC (on/off) setting between ignition cycles.
Old 02-26-06, 11:38 AM
agntdrake
Driver School Candidate

... and that you can't put the AC system in metric. I really don't know what Toyota was thinking.
Old 02-26-06, 12:54 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

I don't think americans would tolerate having a metric mode As this has been discussed before, people have asked their service dept, there is no switch or LPS setting to change it (or on any Lexus vehicle).
Old 02-26-06, 04:28 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 257 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke02
In my opinion, there should not be a default setting. The car should remember how it was set when the ignition was switched off, and retain that setting for the next drive cycle. If I set it to auto, it should stay in auto. If I set it to recirculate, it should stay in recirculate.

Quick Reply: climate control display