IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Real World Interior Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 07:57 AM
saske
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim817
I got mine from Park Place in Grapevines (DFW area). They told me it was shipped from the port on 11/30 and should be here around 12/7 - 12/12 . I don't know how long yours will be staying at the port for inspections and all that but it should take 7-10 days for it to be shipped to our location.
They made me pay the whole full price on 11/30 to close down the deal because it's the end of the month and they try to make the sale. in order for me to get a discount $500 off msrp and a free tint. Seems like in texas here the demand is so high. I called all the dealer in texas and they barely have anything. No discount whatsoever is what i've been told.
By the way what r you getting and congrat on the new ride
Hey Tim,
I actually tried to get a quote from Park Place and they never called me back. Their bad I guess since they lost the sale. My guy in Lubbock, Al Griggs, is a great guy and I was able to get $795 off. He also told me XM will be installed at the port and I paid $486 for that option. Much cheaper than having the dealership install it. I am paying $125 for the tint so I guess we are getting about the same amount of money off MSRP. I'll take it though because you are right, in Texas, these cars are very hard to come buy. I have a GFM IS250 with Nav/XM with Sterling Interior coming my way. Will post interior pics when it arrives. Soooo excited and I can't wait for it to be delivered. Want to drive it home to Phoenix for Christmas. Also, I haven't signed any paperwork yet so my financing won't start with payments until 45days from delivery so that is a good deal too. Congrats on your ride too! What did you get exactly?

Last edited by saske; 12-02-05 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Forgot Interior Color
Old 12-02-05, 09:15 AM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maximus350,
Does the center console where the shifter is at are the same material as the base mosel on the IS ? It looks kinda different to me...A liltle bit shinier. Black interior are nice man. Now i can't wait for my ride. 1 more week...
Good question, as I have never seen a base model before. I suspect it is the same material.
Old 12-02-05, 09:53 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saske
Hey Tim,
I actually tried to get a quote from Park Place and they never called me back. Their bad I guess since they lost the sale. My guy in Lubbock, Al Griggs, is a great guy and I was able to get $795 off. He also told me XM will be installed at the port and I paid $486 for that option. Much cheaper than having the dealership install it. I am paying $125 for the tint so I guess we are getting about the same amount of money off MSRP. I'll take it though because you are right, in Texas, these cars are very hard to come buy. I have a GFM IS250 with Nav/XM with Sterling Interior coming my way. Will post interior pics when it arrives. Soooo excited and I can't wait for it to be delivered. Want to drive it home to Phoenix for Christmas. Also, I haven't signed any paperwork yet so my financing won't start with payments until 45days from delivery so that is a good deal too. Congrats on your ride too! What did you get exactly?
I'm getting a White on blk IS350 with NAV. Are you sure about driving it home to Phoenix from Texas? I thought that long drive is not good for break-in period. I might be wrong but that's what i heard..
Old 12-02-05, 10:05 AM
Konfucius
Driver School Candidate

The white on black combo looked great. It makes me reconsider whether to go black/black now.
Old 12-02-05, 12:28 PM
imageWIS
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by AntLexus
black interior of my matador red mica 250 m/t

Which dealer is selling MT’s?

Jon.
Old 12-02-05, 01:25 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ wow that the first pics i see with m/t
Old 12-02-05, 02:07 PM
saske
Rookie

I'm getting a White on blk IS350 with NAV. Are you sure about driving it home to Phoenix from Texas? I thought that long drive is not good for break-in period. I might be wrong but that's what i heard..
I was wondering the same thing about break in. Before the trip we will have about 300-400 miles on it already anyway. Living in Amarillo, every trip is long distance, highway speeds. Not much way around it in this part of the country
Old 12-02-05, 05:04 PM
ISsupergrl
Driver School Candidate

Nice pics! I am planning to getting the new IS soon and 80% gonna get the crystal white. I like the black and cashmere interior colors. Which one takes wear and tear better? (ie still looks good after a couple of years) obviously no one's had the new IS for years, but from other car experiences?
Old 12-02-05, 05:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISsupergrl
I like the black and cashmere interior colors. Which one takes wear and tear better? ...from other car experiences?
Black will not show dirt as much as the cashmere color. Some dirt stains, especially on the driver floor mat, will show more prominently on cashmere. You would need to steam clean the carpets to get it "near-new" looking. Other concerns are spills of various sorts (coffee, juice, blood), scuff marks, food, and cleaning products may leave stains visible on cashmere.

This should not be a concern on the leather, but it will definately affect the carpet. If you like cashmere, you can always get replacement floor mats for about $75 for all four passengers. Also, you can get all-weather floor mats or clear mats to keep the carpet clean.

As for black, sometimes black fades if quality is poor. This shouldn't be a concern with Lexus. Go with what you like and protect it as soon as possible, especially since a harsh winter will cause the most wear and tear on your carpets and floor mats.
Old 12-02-05, 06:56 PM
dennis250
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Some dirt stains, especially on the driver floor mat, will show more prominently on cashmere.
I thought all carpeting and floor mats were black in every interior.
Old 12-02-05, 07:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ISsupergrl
Nice pics! I am planning to getting the new IS soon and 80% gonna get the crystal white. I like the black and cashmere interior colors. Which one takes wear and tear better? (ie still looks good after a couple of years) obviously no one's had the new IS for years, but from other car experiences?
Go with the black. The cashmere interior is prone to stains on both leather and carpet. For instance I have Ivory leather interior in my 99 Toyota Solara SE V6 5spd MT. Despite the fact that I keep it clean as much as possible, you eventually will see darker spots on the heavy soiled areas of the carpeting and leather regardless of how well you clean it. It may look nice new, but lighter color interiors will show their wear and tear faster than most.
Old 12-02-05, 10:29 PM
AntLexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by imageWIS
Which dealer is selling MT’s?

Jon.
pohanka lexus, chantilly, va

they had a SGM m/t that was coming in but someone already put a deposit on it...i took their last m/t...color wasnt my first choice buti fell in love with it when i saw it...
Old 12-08-05, 07:36 PM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

Default some photos found on autotrader

Old 12-08-05, 10:03 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

god some questions for IS owners

does the LED light over the steering wheel stay on when driving or does it like go off? because i thought it just stays on in the dark. and with the automatic models, when u put in in manual mode, the car tells you when to upshift by different colors in the speedometer? just wondering