IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What is the best interior color to go with White IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 11:01 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is the best interior color to go with White IS350?

I need you guys opinions on the interior color. I could have the car in two weeks and never had a chance to see any IS with Black yet
Have to make the decisions today. I like the cashmere thou but don't know if it's worth the wait.
Old 11-28-05, 11:19 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I have the Sterling interior and am very happy.

Here are a couple of points (my opinion only) regarding the other colors.

Cashmere has light tan carpets which are tough to maintain.

Black is pretty hot in the summer and the all black lacks the color contrasts you get with the Sterling interior (black and gray plastics work very well together).

Regarding delivery timing, how long will it take to get the exact car you have been dreaming of?
Old 11-28-05, 11:26 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Since i never wanted to wait 4 months for the car , I just wait and call difference dealers to see if they have any White IS350 with Nav coming. And this morning they told me there's 1 coming in 2 weeks so I have to make the decision soon. I live in texas and it's hot like hell here in summer. Don't know if I get a dark tan will help. It just I want to know how people like black interior....
Old 11-28-05, 11:31 AM
lexusboi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim817
Since i never wanted to wait 4 months for the car , I just wait and call difference dealers to see if they have any White IS350 with Nav coming. And this morning they told me there's 1 coming in 2 weeks so I have to make the decision soon. I live in texas and it's hot like hell here in summer. Don't know if I get a dark tan will help. It just I want to know how people like black interior....
I have black interior on my IS350 and it is nice, but I have black exterior. When I saw the black interior on white, I didn't like that light outside/dark inside contrast. Sterling would be my choice with white. Just my opinion!
Old 11-28-05, 12:48 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

black interior always looks classy. As far as being hot in the summer, as long as you have tinted windows and use a sun shade when the car is parked, it's no hotter than the other colors (even if you have other interior colors, you should still use a sun shade in the summer to protect the dash and leather seats). Why go through the trouble of keeping the car spotless and waxed and then let the interior bake in the sun?! As far as which color looks the best, all three look good in the IS--boils down to personal preference.
Old 11-28-05, 12:56 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

i like the black the best

and i wouldnt worry about the temp in the summer, thats what the cooled seats are for
Old 11-28-05, 01:49 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

I have black in my IS350. I think its perfect.

Heres some pics of mine to help you decide:

White and black is a easy, nice looking color combo IMO.
Old 11-28-05, 01:56 PM
saske
Rookie

Tim,
Just curious what dealership you are getting yours from. I was going with Sewell in Dallas but then a dealer in Lubbock got a hold of one for me so I'm getting it from him. I am of the same opinion about the sterling interior. I love the color contrast and the darker carpet which should be easier to take care of. My 250 on order has the sterling interior.
Old 11-28-05, 02:27 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

I personally think the black interior looks best with the white. However, just an idea to chew on.... I was able to get a great deal on my IS on saturday basically because it was on the lot and had been there for a couple weeks: lucky for me it was exactly what I wanted (was not even planning on getting navigation, but got such a good deal that I am paying nothing for the navigation).....I would not have gotten such a good deal if I had them transfer the car from a different region (w/o navigation)....
Old 11-28-05, 03:13 PM
Mickeyc001
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I live in Texas too. In Texas, it seems that we end up with 100+ degree weather for 90-100 day stretches. I have had a couple of black inerior cars and can tell you...that is not the way to go. So I purchased a Crystal White/Cashmere and could not be happier. My previous two lexus were also White/Ivory. The Sterling is probably ok, I just like brighter interiors. Here's a pic. By the way, in case you are wondering how I got the wood..when it's not available in Texas, I purchased from Tony at Lexus of Colorado Springs and had the car shipped to me. I just could not wait till March to the a Lux w/ Nav!!!
Attached Thumbnails What is the best interior color to go with White IS350?-dscn0337.jpg  
Old 11-28-05, 03:20 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Get black interior with no question. White with black interior is a really nice combo. Plus you feel the cool ventilation a little better with black, and you dont have to worry about it getting dirty. Go with black.
Old 11-28-05, 03:57 PM
Mickeyc001
Driver School Candidate

Here's a pic of the Ivory interior of my 2001 RX300 with 90,000 miles on it. As you can see, the Ivory interior is still 100% perfect!!! All I do is clean the leather once a year w/ the Leather Cleaner and Condition that I purchase at the local dealership. The leather quality is so good in these cars, that it really does not matter what interior color you go with. They can all be cleaned and kept looking as good as new easily.
Attached Thumbnails What is the best interior color to go with White IS350?-dscn0342.jpg  
Old 11-28-05, 04:06 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Black interior is the way to go. Cant get much better than that.
Old 11-28-05, 04:07 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Talked to the dealer 10 minutes ago and they give me $500 off plus a free tint for the car. So i decide to get it. Guess i can stand a lil heat to get a nice classy look The look is more importan to me so I went for it. Actually i really like the cashmere thou.Thank you so much you guys for your opinions and help... I really like this forum, very fast reply and nice people. I guess i will stick around a lot to learn from you guys.
SASKE, I got it from Park Place in Grapevines. I haven't see any IS235/350 around here yet in Dallas-Fort Worth area. From what i heard we don't have that too many IS for out region and NAV are harder to find so i guess i'm lucky not have to wait 4 months to have it. And that's the reason why i get black also.
Old 11-28-05, 05:13 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the new IS, I'm sure you will love it!

Quick Reply: What is the best interior color to go with White IS350?