IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Premium, Sport, Luxury pkgs.....Confused

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 09:10 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium, Sport, Luxury pkgs.....Confused

I built an IS 350 on the Lexus website and it came out to about $42k. Then, I took a look at Edmunds and built what I thought was about the same car and it stickered at $48k.

Since we wanted HID and Nav, I clicked on the "Luxury Package" on Edmunds. But What I realized is that on the Lexus site, you can't build a car with as many options. And none of the builds on Lexus said anything about HID lighting. Is this a marketing "Get em in the door" tactic first or what?

I just want a real world price estimate with what we want on the car. If my build on Edmonds is correct, the Lexus is out as I'd rather buy an BMW M3 or Audi S4 for a few dollars more.
Old 11-27-05, 09:46 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say trust the lexus website.
Old 11-27-05, 10:01 AM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

You get the HID lights in either LT, ST, of LL packages. You would select only one of these. Edmunds.com looks like it allows you to incorrectly select more than one of these but they are basically similar and they all include the PT (premium) package with heated/ventilated seats and perferated leather. If you want to go the cheaper route, you could select only the PT package only to get the heated seats but no HID lights, auto wipers, seat memory, etc.

They are all similar:
LT has 18 inch wheels and wood trim.
ST has sport suspension and 18 inch wheels and aluminum interior trim.
LL has 17 inch wheels and wood trim but is cheaper.

It does annoy me that you cant select any option of car that you might want to order on lexus.com. It only allows what lexus thinks people will like in that region or state.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/lexu...on=1&x=99&y=17
Click on the info link to see what is included in each package or look on lexus.com to find out what is in each package.

LT Luxury Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, illuminated scuff plates, wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

ST Sport Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, aluminum sport pedals and scuff plates, sport suspension, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

LL Luxury Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, illuminated scuff plates, wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and rain sensing wipers.

PT Premium Package
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats and interior wood trim.
Old 11-27-05, 03:43 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by unit74
I built an IS 350 on the Lexus website and it came out to about $42k. Then, I took a look at Edmunds and built what I thought was about the same car and it stickered at $48k.

Since we wanted HID and Nav, I clicked on the "Luxury Package" on Edmunds. But What I realized is that on the Lexus site, you can't build a car with as many options. And none of the builds on Lexus said anything about HID lighting. Is this a marketing "Get em in the door" tactic first or what?

I just want a real world price estimate with what we want on the car. If my build on Edmonds is correct, the Lexus is out as I'd rather buy an BMW M3 or Audi S4 for a few dollars more.
when you build cars on Lexus.com., you are basically just checking the local inventory, so some combinations may not be available at this time. To answer your question, an IS350 with "luxury package" (which includes HID), and NAV costs about 43k, including destination. If you add Park Assist and ML, that will bring it up to 45k. The only major option after that is PCS (precollision safety system with radar cruise control), which brings the grand total to 48k. Most people here are skipping PCS. With few exceptions, price is not very negotiable at this time (maybe get window tints and some minor accessories). If you are not in a hurry, wait another 6 months.