IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ML option?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 10:42 AM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ML option?

when i go on the Lexus website and build my lexus i dont see this as an option, is it just part of one of the packages? if so which one? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this car but i want to make sure i dont later regret not getting the ML option.
Old 11-18-05, 11:15 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by business1s
when i go on the Lexus website and build my lexus i dont see this as an option, is it just part of one of the packages? if so which one? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this car but i want to make sure i dont later regret not getting the ML option.
if you want ML without NAV, you have to special order it through the dealer.
Old 11-18-05, 11:17 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

ML is not available as a standalone option outside of Hawaii, not even even as a special order.
Old 11-18-05, 03:18 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

but do all the IS 350 that have the navigation have the ML audio? or what is the package that it comes with?
Old 11-18-05, 04:08 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by business1s
but do all the IS 350 that have the navigation have the ML audio? or what is the package that it comes with?
Not at all. In fact, most IS out there that have Nav do NOT have the ML. The option package you should look is "VN" (Nav + ML). NV is nav only, and ML is ML only.

I think the VN and ML will trickle slowly into the market. Because a fully loaded IS (with every option) can near $47k, ML was not introduced early to prevent sticker shock. In fact, the IS350 I want with all the port-installed options I want (body kit, ISP wheels, dual chrome exhausts, etc) hovers ABOVE $52K!!!
Old 11-18-05, 04:20 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have package VN and I'm just shocked by the sticker. But I'm watching DVD movies and videos in park until I figure out how to override this temporary setback.
Old 11-18-05, 06:36 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kensteele
I have package VN and I'm just shocked by the sticker. But I'm watching DVD movies and videos in park until I figure out how to override this temporary setback.
so with the ML u can watch DVDs? it really sucks that the lexus dealers dont show their inventory online, I found an IS that is exactly how i want it except it doesnt have the ML, and now i'm not sure that i'm going to settle for one without it. when you call dealers to see what they have they all give you the same BS "yea we could get it just come on in"
Old 11-18-05, 07:42 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

yes you can actually insert a dvd into the slot and it will play both the video and the audio on the full Nav screen after you confirm the pop-up message. When you release the parking brake, the video will disappear but the audio track will continue to play. You can forward and reverse thru chapters to get to your favourite scenes.
Old 11-18-05, 08:07 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

my friend is ordering the is350 with sport nav and ML. and they told her she gotta wait til feb for the ML. hey kensteele how does the ML sound when playing DVDs? i watched a short demo dvd at taste of lexus in the gs430 and it was amazing.
Old 11-18-05, 08:08 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
ML is not available as a standalone option outside of Hawaii, not even even as a special order.
Where did you hear this? Just curious cause I am trying to order one with just ML
Old 11-18-05, 08:23 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

From the Dealer Education book, web site, brochure, etc.
Old 11-18-05, 08:34 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm, the Dealer that I was at, was able to Select the ML + 18" as the only options on an IS.

Though, they wouldnt give me a good enough discount. So we didnt finalize it. So its possible that it could have errored out later

It did give a Message that "This is not a usual configuration"
Old 11-18-05, 08:38 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350
my friend is ordering the is350 with sport nav and ML. and they told her she gotta wait til feb for the ML. hey kensteele how does the ML sound when playing DVDs? i watched a short demo dvd at taste of lexus in the gs430 and it was amazing.
Actually I was quite surprised at how good it sounds, this was coming from a backup DVD that I had made. So I grabbed one of my stock DVDs (The Saint) and the the bass is amazing. Also soundtracks where there is a lot of car racing as in TOFTOF, to me it's like you're in a small theatre.
Old 11-18-05, 08:45 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Hmmm, the Dealer that I was at, was able to Select the ML + 18" as the only options on an IS.

Though, they wouldnt give me a good enough discount. So we didnt finalize it. So its possible that it could have errored out later

It did give a Message that "This is not a usual configuration"
He placed and order, or tried to put it into the system? Seems like a chicken'n'egg situation. You want a price, but no sense negotiating if you can't order the config you want. Put $500 down, and get them to try and order it. If it's an invalid config, then you'll know.
Old 11-18-05, 10:21 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

i'm getting mixed info from the dealerships i've contacted, one of them said they arent making the ML option yet and other said it was only part of the lux package. I'm pretty sure they're both wrong because some people on here have it, is there anyway to search inventories, i really hate having to argue with incompetent sales people. this is a part of my conversation with the salesman today:

Me: do you guys have any IS 350s with the navigation here?
Salesman: no if you want a navigation you have to wait till Jan.
Me: really? cuz i just test drove one yesterday at the dealership a few miles away
Salesman: yea they're not making them yet, maybe that one was from out of state
Me: thanks for your time........

Quick Reply: ML option?