IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 in my garage....right now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-05, 06:07 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Oh yeah, that radar cord, that would drive me crazy, can't you place that somewhere except right in the middle of the console? Kinda breaks up the look while traveling.
Absolutely right, this is an interim solution until the V1 hardwire adapter kit that I ordered comes in next week. Then I will move the radar detector from the middle of the windshield to the very top and left over my head. In the meantime, I can't drive around without protection.
Old 11-19-05, 06:11 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
looks great! how did you get the dvd to play? did you just engage the parking brake and pop the dvd in? have you had the chance to try and play a mp3 dvd?
yes that's correct. the parking brake acts like a toggle, press it in the video shows, depress it, the video disappears...nothing else quits. The workaround should be simple. I read the post about mp3 dvd and I'm working on trying it out as soon as I get a chance.
Old 11-19-05, 06:39 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
yes that's correct. the parking brake acts like a toggle, press it in the video shows, depress it, the video disappears...nothing else quits. The workaround should be simple. I read the post about mp3 dvd and I'm working on trying it out as soon as I get a chance.
Let us know if you can get the DVD MP3s to work (while actually driving the car too)
Old 11-19-05, 08:23 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely right, this is an interim solution until the V1 hardwire adapter kit that I ordered comes in next week. Then I will move the radar detector from the middle of the windshield to the very top and left over my head. In the meantime, I can't drive around without protection.
Hey kensteele, which V1 hardwire adapter kit did you order? Mind pointing me to the website? Thanks!
Old 11-19-05, 09:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SGT
Hey kensteele, which V1 hardwire adapter kit did you order? Mind pointing me to the website? Thanks!
on this page, it is item #00030. I had one before but I left it in my trade-in along with the remote.
Old 11-20-05, 06:53 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Car came in early, dealer called, I picked it up tonight. I'm so exciting, there's so much to read and so much to take care of.

IS350 black black; premium luxury plus package, mark levinson nav, park assist, fully loaded, only 16 miles on the odometer. Took three hours to trade in my Acura, do the paperwork, pay for the car, and drive home; paid msrp $$44,929.

I'll take pics tomorrow but so far, this is an awesome car and I can't wait to drive it all over creation!

My first Lexus.
Congrat Ken, I've got one with the exact same spec (tungsten though) coming in about 3 weeks. Have you had a chance to try playing mp3 DVD on you ML?
Old 11-20-05, 07:51 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jlin101
Congrat Ken, I've got one with the exact same spec (tungsten though) coming in about 3 weeks. Have you had a chance to try playing mp3 DVD on you ML?
Cool. I haven't had a chance yet. If you would like to recommend some [free] software for this or send me a link with instructions, I can try this out today. Thanks.
Old 11-20-05, 08:21 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Cool. I haven't had a chance yet. If you would like to recommend some [free] software for this or send me a link with instructions, I can try this out today. Thanks.
you can download the new nero 7 ultra demo.. once you install it run Nero StartSmart and when you go to the audio section there is an option to burn a MP3 DVD
Old 11-20-05, 08:22 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

you can easily compile a mp3 DVD disc using Nero (either 6 or 7 is fine), or just copy some mp3 files onto a blank dvd as a data disc (don't include other data file types such as jpg). I'd like to know whether the ML can actually play mp3 on a dvd (someone else on CL had trouble playing mp3 on dvd but no problem on cd-r). Thanks for your prompt reply.
Old 11-20-05, 10:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Ken...you probably realize you're the envy of the New IS buying and owners world right now.
Old 11-20-05, 11:08 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

As said previously, the #1 music software in the world... iTunes.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/
Old 11-20-05, 11:21 AM
jmartinace
Rookie

Default Congratulations!

This is, without a doubt, the ultimate post. Congratulations on getting that beauty. It I was you, I'd probably spent the night in my garage, watching DVDs all night!

Martin-
Old 11-20-05, 12:13 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Ken...you probably realize you're the envy of the New IS buying and owners world right now.
Thanks! I'm really enjoying the ML system and the car overall...this is exactly the car I wanted and while I had to think hard about paying msrp so early, after a few days I'm still feeling ok about it. I really hope everyone gets the car they want, if you're unsure of ML, I say go for it you won't regret it. Now if I can just hack the system to play DVD movies while driving...even better.
Old 11-20-05, 12:17 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jmartinace
This is, without a doubt, the ultimate post. Congratulations on getting that beauty. It I was you, I'd probably spent the night in my garage, watching DVDs all night!

Martin-
I just spent the first 15 minutes watching 2Fast 2Furious in my garage. The first racing scene...it was awesome.

As TimboIS mentioned, I need to start using iTunes to revamp my mp3 music collection and maybe even look into how to burn music videos.
Old 11-20-05, 01:48 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Yes, Ryan, Ken enlarged that ML pic just to let us know what he has and no one else has.

Quick Reply: IS350 in my garage....right now!