IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VA lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-05, 08:13 PM
Molar 1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA lexus

Anybody ordered an is350 in Northern Virginia? If so,how long is the waiting period? and did you get ml? thanks.

Last edited by Molar 1; 11-13-05 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-14-05, 01:18 PM
MaSndM
Driver School Candidate

i know that Lindsay and Pohanka lexus has couple of 350's. I don't know the options or colors, but a salesman called me today and told me that have several available for delivery.
Old 11-14-05, 01:50 PM
skingsland
Driver

I was told 3-4 months by Pohanka, about a month ago. I'm planning on special ordering an IS 350 w/Sport, Nav + ML, so I'd be interested in hearing your impressions about the various DC-area dealers.
Old 11-14-05, 05:00 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

I would say to buy from pohanka. Their dealers were alot nicer and they are a bigger dealer in general. I think that they actually give lexus cars when you go in for servicing and I've herd that lindsay uses enterprise.
Also I had deposits at both dealers and when I decided to buy from Pohanka because they got my car in first, Lindsay refused to refund my deposit (which they said was 100% refundable if I decide not to buy the car) until they sold the car that was allocated to me. Which is BS because I know they have waiting lists for that car and they can sell it in no time. Its been 2 weeks and I still have not gotten my deposit back.
Go for Pohanka they were alot nicer and made the buying process pleasant. And thats very important when your taking a giant leap by buying a 40K plus car.
Speak to Arthur at Pohanka he's cool
Old 11-14-05, 05:21 PM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by Molar 1
Anybody ordered an is350 in Northern Virginia? If so,how long is the waiting period? and did you get ml? thanks.
I ordered mine from Pohanka I live about 10min away so theres really no other choice,they are super nice there maybe b/c I put done $15g's lol. I'm dealing with the nicest most down to earth guy around and thats surprising coming from a sales person. He didnt know exactly how long it would take for the car to arrive but said it shouldnt take no longer then 3-4 months.I ordered a 250 Manual ML,tungsten pearl which he mention that I might get the car sooner then normal b/c people are ordering 350 automatic.Lets pray hes right. All in all Pohanka is the best in NOVA in my opinion...
Old 11-14-05, 06:14 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We ordered a IS350, I guess going on four weeks now. Went down to NC, They were actually closer than NOVA dealers. But the progress is the same, three to four months, March delivery probably. I wasn't going to drive it in the snow anyhow. At least we here in VA that ordered this fall get to avoid Personal Property tax on them until 2007 !! That Helps !
Hate that they won't return your deposit. The dealer in Winston Salem said they don't make money by keeping deposits. They use those little Lexus mini vans as loaners for service, RS or whatever they're called. We had thought about going to pohanka but 279 miles one way was little far.
Did Pohanka give you the confirmation order sheet? Showing you what car they gave up in their allocation and replaced for the car you ordered?
Thanks.
Old 11-14-05, 10:19 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

I was originally not even going to buy my car from pohanka. I was looking for a crystal white car and no dealers in my area could find one coming into their dealership anytime soon. I still however kept my deposit there and they surprised me and were the first ones to get my car. I told them I was without a car and needed one fast and was planning on buying from the first dealer that can find my car, I guess since they're the biggest dealer in this area they were able to get it first.

When I placed a deposit at lindsay I originally said I wanted blue onyx as my first choice... than Black as second... then white.... However when I actually saw the crystal white in the showroom I totally changed my mind, I asked them if it was possible to get a crystal white anytime soon and they said no. I ordered the same thing from pohanka and when I changed my mind they were completely fine with it and tried to help me find the car. When I tried to get my deposit back from Lindsay they said because I changed my mind on the color they're not going to give me my deposit until they sell the car.
I called customer service to complain and they said they can't get involved in actual transactions between the dealer and customers. Soooo I don't know what my options are now to get my money back.... the dealer said this was BS and they can't hold my money, so I'm thinking about contacting BBB. Not sure what I should do.
Old 11-15-05, 06:50 AM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You stay on them HeyHey Hey ! Whatever you do , don't cut them any slack. Its your money. Your Right that is a complete load of Horse Crap ! They could cut you a check today. Don't they know your not going to buy from them if they are jerking you around. All you wanted is to be treated nice since your buying a $40K + car.
Dam, Its not a Daewoo or Hyundai . I expect more from a Lexus dealer . We changed colors after 3 weeks and there was no issues, all they said was 'no probl***. Since it wasn't like the car was on the boat on the way over here , it was still sitting in the queue to be built . My salesman went over the process, he said they don't make money by keeping potential sale deposits. He went and got the business manager , introduced us and he they understood sometimes things change in four months, people die, get laid off their jobs, sickness. It was completely refundable, and went on to say, it isn't like we wouldn't be able to sell the IS350, they can't keep them on the lot! So tell Lindsay you want your money today !
Git-R-Done !
Old 11-15-05, 08:05 AM
IS350PSK
Driver School Candidate

Default Pohanka IS350

I just bought an IS350 last week from Pohanka (Black Onyx IS350 with Luxury w/o ML) and they said if i wanted a sport IS350 (w/o ML), I would have to wait till like Nov. 26 or something. If you want to get the the IS350 with ML, that might take a few months. If you go to Pohanka, ask for Jose Domingus (young dude w/ a G35 coupe), he'll try to get you a good deal.
Old 11-15-05, 11:13 AM
camdlux
Driver School Candidate

Smile Pohanakas 1st IS delivered.

I had placed my pre-order about 7 months ago with Jeff Cooke at Pohanka Lexus and picked up on Oct. 20th. Jeff is fantastic and kept my very informed during the process!

I was told that Pohanka has the largest allocation in the area and would only receive about 2 350's per month. When I went to pick up my tags I did see about 5 IS250 and a lone Smokey Granite 350.
Old 11-15-05, 10:34 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

so i guess the consensus is that everyone was happy with pohanka. Two of my friends love my new car and one of them is already in the process of buying one from pohanka also.... Lindsay lost me... and 2 of my friends because of this BS....
I went to pohanka for my friend to place an order on her car and we saw 3 350s... a red, silver, smokey granite.... They told us that they're selling alot more 350's than expected... which is disappointing because i thought it would be more limited... They also said lexus wasn't expecting to sell this many 350s.
Old 11-16-05, 05:46 AM
YADL
Driver School Candidate

First post after months of reading. Please be gentle.

Pohanka is the best car dealership I have encountered. Its service department hours (seven days per week) and free loaners put other dealers to shame. We bought my wife's RX330 from Jeff Cook and will definitely buy an IS from him if we decide to buy one. Not to sound like a shill, but Pohanka is the main attraction for choosing the IS350 over the 330i. Let's just say that the dealer experience for my 528i hasn't been quite as good.

For those that have purchased the IS350, is Pohanka discounting from MSRP yet?
Old 11-16-05, 10:33 AM
skingsland
Driver

Unhappy How about MD dealers?

OK, (and perhaps I should just post this in another thread) but what about the MD dealers, like Silver Spring and Rockville? Or even Annapolis/Baltimore? I don't mind driving an hour (or more) to spend ~$45K. Service and price are far more important to me than a little inconvenience.

I went to Pohanka, got my salesman's card, and emailed him a while later with questions. When he responded (after my second email, A WEEK LATER), he's now telling me something I know to be false: that ML & Nav can't be ordered together without getting the VN (+$500) package. So I dunno... I'm not feelin Pohanka.

Steve
Old 11-16-05, 03:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by skingsland
he's now telling me something I know to be false: that ML & Nav can't be ordered together without getting the VN (+$500) package.
He's correct, they can't.
Old 11-17-05, 05:07 AM
MaSndM
Driver School Candidate

Default Not feeling Pohanka either

I went to Pohanka before I bought my IS300 and they would not give me the time of day. I guess they figured since I was a young guy that I obviously could not afford anything. I went back the next day with my friends dad who is a middle age white man and i didn't have a problem getting any assistance. Coincidence....hmmmm. Maybe- maybe not. When I went to Pokanka Acura, i didn't have any problems and that is why i left with a RSX (before the IS).

I had the exact same thing happen at Lindsey also. Maybe it's me.

The worst experience ever was going to Passport Nissan/ Infiniti in Alexandria. I will never ever buy anything from them if they were the last dealer on earth. i'd rather walk.

Customer service goes a long way with me and I haven't been to a dealer yet that has passed the test.

Quick Reply: VA lexus