IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clear bra pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 07:55 PM
erock901
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam...Where are you??? I've only had my IS350 for about 24hrs and I already have 2 small (but noticable) rock chips in my hood. I'm driving as carefully as possible but still got hit. Please confirm our appointment this Saturday.

Thanx,
Erock
Old 11-15-05, 07:59 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ES3
Maximus, are those your doors in the garage? Was that in order to cover the front fender?!)
I dont quite understand the question.
Old 11-15-05, 08:00 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No hood pics yet. I will post them this week when I have a chance.
Old 11-15-05, 10:06 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maximus350
I dont quite understand the question.
In this pic, why did they remove your doors!?
Old 11-15-05, 10:40 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Painters Blue Tape.

Originally Posted by erock901
Sam...Where are you??? I've only had my IS350 for about 24hrs and I already have 2 small (but noticable) rock chips in my hood. I'm driving as carefully as possible but still got hit. Please confirm our appointment this Saturday.

Thanx,
Erock
Erock,
I suggest doing a custom tape job like I did on my wifes car. See the pics in LDYNREDs gallery.
Old 11-15-05, 10:46 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Premier Mobile
erock - We will be there this Sat @ 10. See you then!

ES3 - we tinted their windows at the same time, which required removal of the door panels for a deeper tuck.

Gotcha. Thanks, BTW, any idea how much more it'd be to cover the entire hood?
Thx!
Old 11-15-05, 11:00 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Where are they located?
Old 11-15-05, 11:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

If you have questions for our vendor, please PM for more info. Premier Mobile is based out of the Bay Area but is mobile as the name implies.

If you are in SoCal, Aerotect is the choice of many CL members, staff and administrators.
Old 11-15-05, 11:32 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

ES3 - seeing that you are in another state, pricing from us does not reflect what a clear bra installation would cost in your area. Even here in California, our pricing structure is geared toward quality and the end-result vs. most companies on the market are just getting into this industry. Expect the higher end companies to charge more as they generally produce higher qulaity work. As for doing the entire hood, we have not received any inquiries, we couldn't tell you whether our 48" roll would cover the entire hood. For the IS, we would charge $250 extra to cover the hood w/ our 48" roll.

Thanks a bunch! Too bad you guys don't have any referrals for co's here in Indy!
Old 11-16-05, 01:08 AM
Eiso
Driver

Originally Posted by shox
3M is the only way to go when you want to avoid any chips, looks good!
3M baby! Way to go as always!
Old 11-16-05, 08:15 AM
skynite
Rookie

Not that 3M's a bad product, but it's not what we use.

what do you use?
Old 11-16-05, 08:45 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

I think this is a great way to go to protect the paint and surface. I do have a question about the cars with Park Assist, would the clear bra hinder the effectiveness or are holes cut out around the sensors.
Old 11-16-05, 02:14 PM
skynite
Rookie

We use Venture for most applications. As for parktronic, there are cutouts for precuts....and will be made for custom work as well.
How good are the Venture products? Is there a reason why you chose Venture over other well known products such as 3M or Xpel? Or is this a different version of 3M, I've heard of several products that are produced by 3M?

I'm sure you probably tested out all three. What is your professional opinion of the three different products?

I am by no means a pro on this subject, Its just that I have heard that 3M will give you the most protection because it is thicker, but that installers prefer to use thinner more manageable products because it is easy to work with.

I am also looking at getting clear bra when my car arrives, I like your work, I like the fact you hide the edges better then anyone I've seen. I just want to make sure venture won't tear quicker then the other products. Can it withstand more punishment then the others?

By the way, how does the warranty work on the venture, is it lifetime?

Last edited by skynite; 11-16-05 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 07:21 PM
brian92873
Driver School Candidate

Default Some questions for Sam from the east coast

We use Venture for most applications. As for parktronic, there are cutouts for precuts....and will be made for custom work as well.
Hi Sam, Thanks for the thoughtful posts, I'm in Virginia and am definitely interested in a clear bra...only thing is i can't seem to get a straight answer on this subject as I fear the people i am asking are just trying to sell me and get me out the door.

1. using Venture, 3M, etc...is there a risk of uneven paint fading? (I was told no fading wll ever occur)
2. is care of the section with clear bra the same? ie, can i still run zaino over it? or do i need to use a different cleaning agent. (i was told it shouldn't be a problem)
3. shot in the dark here...*ANY* chance at all that you know of a good shop in the DC area?
Old 11-17-05, 09:29 AM
skynite
Rookie

Here you go....hope this helps - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156971

As for your area, none that we would feel comfortable with referring you.......we have had one company out there who cut up somebody's car very deep. This company was supposed to be a certified Xpel dealer..........sorry, we're not going to release names though.
thanks, you answered all my questions. You'll be hearing from me hopefully in January or February when my car arrives. I am located in Sacramento.

Quick Reply: Clear bra pics