IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My car got keyed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-05, 03:57 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I could understand the pain and frustration that you're probably going through, as my new 3GS was scratched up recently, albeit my own fault, but nevertheless, still scratches. The dealer was able to buff all the scratches out, so I'm thankful for that. I hope you find out who keyed your car and that he/she gets what they deserve.
Old 11-04-05, 04:28 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already showed it to the boss but he doesnt think its him. the main reasons I think its him

1.he parks on the other side of the street everyday but today (he parked in front of me today)
2. why did he walk into the street (my driver side) just to get into his trunk
3. we got into a little confrontation the other day

he denises it. He even says he got scratches on his car also. But my boss told him his car is only worth 300 and mine is 50k so theres no comparasson.

Last edited by wolverine; 11-04-05 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-04-05, 04:53 PM
lexusboi
Rookie

Originally Posted by wolverine
I already showed it to the boss but he doesnt think its him. the main reasons I think its him

1.he parks on the other side of the street everyday but today (he parked in front of me today)
2. why did he walk into the street (my driver side) just to get into his trunk
3. we got into a little confrontation the other day

he denises it. He even says he got scratches on his car also. But my boss told him his car is only worth 300 and mine is 50k so theres no comparasson.
more like around 43k now with the scratches....but that's besides the point....just kick his a$$ and like always, remember to post pics!
Old 11-04-05, 05:11 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusboi
more like around 43k now with the scratches....but that's besides the point....just kick his a$$ and like always, remember to post pics!
post pics of the car or of me kicking his ***? I'll post pics up tmrw if its sunny
Old 11-04-05, 05:36 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wolverine
post pics of the car or of me kicking his ***? I'll post pics up tmrw if its sunny
maybe you can kill 2 birds with one stone and get a picture of you stomping his face in right next to your wheels?
Old 11-04-05, 05:48 PM
cooney
Rookie

Default I wouldn't . . .

. . . kick his ***. That's likely to get you into trouble, whether or not he did it. . If he did, he's crazy and who knows what cowardly thing he'll try next if this escalates. . And there is the off-chance that he didn't do it.

And try not to let the scratches drive you nuts. . It's a shame that it's happened to such a beautiful new car, but at some point someone will be the first to mar it's finish. . It could have been you, which could make you even more frustrated. . Years ago, I ran into someone in my two-week old car -- it took me a long time to get over that, so I know whereof I speak. . But do try to get it fixed soon, so you don't have to look at it, and then do your best to forget about it.

And once it's fixed there's no reason to believe it will change the value of your car by a penny, notwithstanding the preceding not-so-helpful post.

Old 11-04-05, 05:56 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

People who do that should be hung by thier *****.....

Same thing happened to my Sis-in-law's 1IS at her parking lot.....she had just bought a Beautiful dark blue/chrome rims IS well she came out of her work and someone had keyed the right side of her car it was about 2-3 feet long....A'holes Looks like some ppl cant take other's success.

Oh btw i saw a white 2IS on the road today for the first time.....just like the 3GS this needs to be seen live.....Beautiful

Last edited by NYlexus; 11-04-05 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-04-05, 07:04 PM
lexusboi
Rookie

Originally Posted by cooney
. . . kick his ***. That's likely to get you into trouble, whether or not he did it. . If he did, he's crazy and who knows what cowardly thing he'll try next if this escalates. . And there is the off-chance that he didn't do it.

And try not to let the scratches drive you nuts. . It's a shame that it's happened to such a beautiful new car, but at some point someone will be the first to mar it's finish. . It could have been you, which could make you even more frustrated. . Years ago, I ran into someone in my two-week old car -- it took me a long time to get over that, so I know whereof I speak. . But do try to get it fixed soon, so you don't have to look at it, and then do your best to forget about it.

And once it's fixed there's no reason to believe it will change the value of your car by a penny, notwithstanding the preceding not-so-helpful post.

Hey Wolverine,

At least you weren't an idiot like this noob driver who ran his new geo metro into someone else....now that's sad..... and he thinks he can give advice, he should try learning how to drive first....

Good luck man!

Last edited by lexusboi; 11-04-05 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-04-05, 07:18 PM
Lexus of Glendale
Lexus Dealership

That's terrible to hear on your brand new IS.
Before you go to the body shop, may I suggest going back to the dealer where you bought it from and ask them to take a look at it. If the scratches aren't too deep, then they can "color sand" it and it will look like new! It costs a lot less and there is no re-painting involved, therefore avoiding depreciation on your car.
Old 11-04-05, 07:57 PM
NEEDanIS
Driver School Candidate

The jealousy of people these days is unbelievable. Atleast you have the perpetrater and can hopefully make him think about what he has done to you. Sorry to hear this.
Old 11-04-05, 10:35 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexus of Glendale
That's terrible to hear on your brand new IS.
Before you go to the body shop, may I suggest going back to the dealer where you bought it from and ask them to take a look at it. If the scratches aren't too deep, then they can "color sand" it and it will look like new! It costs a lot less and there is no re-painting involved, therefore avoiding depreciation on your car.
hmm i might do that tmrw, thanks.

I went to a body shop after work today and the guys looked at it first they said it was an easy fix.....until the manager came out and told me it would be 1000 to fix.
Old 11-04-05, 11:02 PM
maz
Lead Lap

When the manager saw your Lexus, were there dollar signs in his eyes? Did you hear a "cash register opening" sound effect?
Old 11-05-05, 07:58 AM
carenthus
Driver

Above post is funny. I like.

Ouch. Sorry to hear about this. I hate violence, but this is out of hand. We ClubLexus members should gang up on this dude and beat the shiet out of this guy. Teach him a lesson. Something that he will never forget for the rest of his life. I am pretty sure his intention was the same when he keyed your car. I hope your car is fix soon so you can move on. What the heck just run him over then fix afterward. Cheers.
-> -> -> ->