IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-05, 11:43 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I know this was brought up before... I just wanted to see if anyone got results:
I just got my IS350 yesturday (Crystal White) and my Treo 650 would not connect to the blue tooth. Has anyone with a new IS and a Treo 650 gotten their 650 to work yet? I was told before at Taste of Lexus that I'm supposed to update the firmware of the phone to be able to do this because the car is relatively new. Does anyone by any chance know how I go about doing this?
Old 11-03-05, 12:13 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Treo 650's don't work very well with anything Bluetooth other than a headset. What provider are you using?
Old 11-03-05, 01:33 PM
bobgott
Driver School Candidate

I have a Treo 650 as well as my friends .. and the fact is that the Treo 650 is more sensitive to Blue Tooth than other devices. I know the Audi series will work w/Treo.

My provider is Sprint and they just released a patch (several months ago) which supposedly fixed some blue tooth anomolies. Contact your phone provider.
Old 11-03-05, 02:46 PM
IS 250 FAN
Rookie

i have a bmw 545i and I did the update and now it works perfectly. that update really helped because before it had a mind of its own. I recommend updateting the firmware.
Old 11-03-05, 02:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guy i had when i was test driving the IS said the nav was having trouble hooking upwith PDA phones, but working pretty fine with all other phones.
Old 11-03-05, 02:52 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

I updated the firmware and the 650 Updater1.12 and now it works perfectly... I've had a treo for a couple months now and i got it specifically for this car and I Finally Get to use this feature! I think the 650 Updater 1.12 patch was what made it work... If you look up the specifications of the upgrade it says it was supposed to fix the handsfree car kit issues it had previously.
Old 11-06-05, 07:52 PM
shoei
Driver

Gents,

I'm wondering if the Sprint MM-A940 works well with the new IS. If you have friends who recently
bought this phone ask them to test out the phone with your new IS. I would appreciate any feed back from CL members. My contract ends in 1 month and I woud like a Bluetooth phone that would work with the new IS. Thanks!

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n...elTab=Features
Old 11-06-05, 07:55 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I meant that it doesn't work with cars very well. The OBEX (obj. exchange) profile is a different story; sorry I wasn't very clear.

Everyone I know with a Treo 650 has trouble hooking it up to the car.
Old 11-27-05, 09:07 AM
shoei
Driver

Originally Posted by genearch
Not the case @ all...

My Treo (Verizon) works well with my Mac G5, my PowerBook as well as my BMW... it's a Lexus implementation issue.

Just asking for an update if any CL members have had any problems connecting with their IS 250/350 and the new Sprint BT phones. Samsung 920, 940, 900! Thanks!
Old 11-27-05, 09:41 AM
kevp913
Rookie

I have a Treo650 on Sprint and have had no problem at all using BlueTooth with my IS350. I have the Treo BT headset and a BT enabled Dell Latitude laptop. Works great everytime. This was the secret for me...

During the pairing process if your Treo says successful and your Lexus still says waiting, go ahead and make a phone call from your Treo. The treo will then try to connect to the Lexus and it will complete the pairing process.

For the past week everytime I get in the car my IS tells me BlueTooth connection successful within 5 seconds of starting the car. Doesn't get easier than that! Like people above said make sure you have the latest firmware on the Treo. Also, in order to send my contacts from my Treo to the Lexus I had to remove all parenthesis and spaces from the phone numbers.
Old 11-27-05, 12:30 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

My dealer has no plans on ordering any cars with Nav/bluetooth right now. It appears I will have to order without being able to test my company cell phone.

Can anyone confirm that a Nextel Blackberry 7520 will work? And if so, is there any trick I need to know for it to function correctly? Thanks.
Old 01-06-06, 09:04 PM
flint330
Rookie

Smile Linking the treo 650 to the lexus sc430

It works -- there is a way -- read our posting in other threads. Search for "flint330" and you can find details.

Frank and Jill (flint330)
Old 01-06-06, 09:08 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by upbull340
My dealer has no plans on ordering any cars with Nav/bluetooth right now. It appears I will have to order without being able to test my company cell phone.

Can anyone confirm that a Nextel Blackberry 7520 will work? And if so, is there any trick I need to know for it to function correctly? Thanks.

The 7520 works fine. I tested mine, once it sinked up, worked like a charm.
Old 01-06-06, 09:14 PM
jolly
6th Gear

I have a 650 from Cingular. After I updated it in December, the bluetooth works like a champ!

I did have a problem after I mated my phone to a bluetooth headset. After that, it wouldn't
connect to the Lexus.

My solution --- after messing around a lot -- was to delete two Bluetooth settings files (cache,
and another file) on the 650 ; essentially setting it back to it's initial state. After that I could connect to the Lexus again.

Last edited by jolly; 01-07-06 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-06-06, 09:37 PM
UpAndOver
Driver School Candidate

Default Checking the Firmware of your Treo 650 phone

I have the Treo 650 with Sprint and it connects great everytime, but I'm using the most recent firmware. You do need to check and see what version of firmware you are using.

Here's how to find out if your smartphone includes the Treo 650 Updater and whether you will need to upgrade the firmware of your phone.

Press Phone/Send .

Press Menu .

From the Options menu, select Phone Info.

On the Phone Info screen, look for the Software item. Compare the version on your Phone Info screen with the table found at the link below.

Here is the link to all cell phone carriers and a list of what version your 650 should be on based on your phone company:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=obj(38344)

Here are the firmware update instructions for Sprint PCS ONLY.
Sprint PCS ONLY

Quick Reply: Bluetooth