IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The New IS: Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 09:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default The New IS: Commercials

Is it me or have I been seeing at least ONE New IS commercial every chance there is a commercial break for Monday Night Football or any of the major networks i.e. NBC, CBS, FOX and etc?

Go Team One Advertising! LOL

At least they aren't as boring and monotonous as those Infiniti M commercials.
Old 10-24-05, 09:36 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I agree. I think it might only be on the major networks or only when there is something important going on.
Old 10-24-05, 09:40 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

haha it is funny because I was about to post something about that tonight too....I actually was watching MNF saw an IS commercial decided to change the channel right after the commercial and 3 stations away was another IS commercial....I am loving it.....but will be hating it if this keeps up and I don't get the car I want!
Old 10-24-05, 09:47 PM
LexFather

Yup. Lexus halftime show ownsz. And the commercials are a lil better to me.
Old 10-25-05, 12:12 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Saw IS commercials during Desperate Housewives on ABC and CSI on CBS...also on MSNBC.
Old 10-25-05, 10:50 PM
TheDoc
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if anyone saw this, but here's a neat article w/ actual clips of the different commercials:

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/a...e.jsp?id=35303

Last edited by TheDoc; 10-25-05 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-26-05, 12:16 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
Yes, I've dled all 3 commercials now...seen glimpses of all 3 on TV already, but it's good to have it in full!
Old 10-26-05, 12:39 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDoc
Not sure if anyone saw this, but here's a neat article w/ actual clips of the different commercials:

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/a...e.jsp?id=35303
Coool. Still not digging the dimension bit but the presentation is otherwise very well done.
Old 10-26-05, 11:32 PM
IS JOE
Rookie

I think the new lexus ads are ok. But they don't get me excited about the car. A little too mellow for my tastes.

And I HATE the one where there's a hundred copies of that freaky girl prancing through the forrest. She freaks me out, and worse, you don't even see the car until the last 2 seconds of the commercial.

But you're right, the commercials are being played a lot. Almost as much as the Schwarzenegger bashing ads
Old 10-26-05, 11:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS JOE
I think the new lexus ads are ok. But they don't get me excited about the car. A little too mellow for my tastes.

And I HATE the one where there's a hundred copies of that freaky girl prancing through the forrest. She freaks me out, and worse, you don't even see the car until the last 2 seconds of the commercial.
Agreed on that silly commercial, it's like wtf? What do those ppl have to do with the car! If only the last seconds of the commercial WERE the commercial. Such a stunningly sexy red IS, don't waste it!

As for the other 2 commercials, they get me excited for the car. I like the "Lexus" logo frame at the end.
Old 10-27-05, 01:11 PM
IS JOE
Rookie

Originally Posted by enigma354
Agreed on that silly commercial, it's like wtf? What do those ppl have to do with the car! If only the last seconds of the commercial WERE the commercial. Such a stunningly sexy red IS, don't waste it!

As for the other 2 commercials, they get me excited for the car. I like the "Lexus" logo frame at the end.
I guess I'm more a part of the "sporty" audience. I love watching the cars rip down a curving canyon road, or blast down a track. Thats the kind of stuff that gets me excited.

This is my favorite all time IS commercial: http://www.teamlexus.com/movies/lexuscom.wmv
(video hosting credit goes to JayMarino of my.is)

I'm actually a big fan of the Nissan commercials (not the infinity). The ones where they touch the car and they have some flashback/day dream of driving the car fast. I think that was a cool concept. And the Z commercial I posted a while ago was really good IMHO too.
Old 10-27-05, 07:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Just saw a new commercial for the IS350. The theme was scary fast car. The Lexus IS350 is on a stand still on an open stretch road with close ups of the exhaust, wheels etc. and then the IS starts to burn the rear wheels and takes off while the guy in the back ground talks about some cars are scary fast. Then IS350 is shown going up hill very fast as the paddle shifters are shown being flicked by a hand and jumps up 4 feet in the air at the top of the uphill as the camera is held in slow motion. Then it ends with Lexus IS coming in at probably around 125 mph or so and pass the camera.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-27-05 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-27-05, 09:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Just saw a new commercial for the IS350. The theme was scary fast car. The Lexus IS350 is on a stand still on an open stretch road with close ups of the exhaust, wheels etc. and then the IS starts to burn the rear wheels and takes off while the guy in the back ground talks about some cars are scary fast. Then IS350 is shown going up hill very fast as the paddle shifters are shown being flicked by a hand and jumps up 4 feet in the air at the top of the uphill as the camera is held in slow motion. Then it ends with Lexus IS coming in at probably around 125 mph or so and pass the camera.
Wow I want to see that!!! What channel was it on?
Old 10-27-05, 09:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Hmmm..it just popped up all of a sudden, but I was able to catch almost all of it. I don't remember what channel it was on, but I think it was probably NBC. I am sure they will play it quite often. They had some eastern music with a lady singing in the back as well. I would rather have loved to hear the engine screaming and burning rubber sound when the IS350 was doing the burn out.

Originally Posted by enigma354
Wow I want to see that!!! What channel was it on?
Old 10-28-05, 08:34 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

These commercials are being played alot on the most popular channels. Couple people i work with who know nothing about Lexus, except for the fact that I drive one, have come up to me and been like "hey you seen that new Lexus they got now?" I'm like, "Yea the new Is right? You want one don't ya?" The replies are always YES. Same thing happened when the new 06 GS came out. Everyone's like "push button start, holy beep" LOL I find it amusing that these people never even noticed a Lexus until the 06 models. It shows even in these forums. They're growing by the day. .

Quick Reply: The New IS: Commercials