IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone seen the IS in Blue Onyx?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 07:02 PM
mikekao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone seen the IS in Blue Onyx?

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered an IS250 AWD in Blue Onyx/sterling gray interior loaded w Nav/ML, luxury package & park assist. Unfortunately they did not have any IS's in Blue Onyx available at the dealership, so basically I was taking a gamble. In fact, they didn't even have any IS's with any interior color other than black, so I have no idea what my car would look like. Has anyone seen the IS in blue in person? How about the sterling interior? Any good good pics out there? Fortunately my deposit is refundable, so if I end up not being satisfied I don't have to take it, and I do have a little time to go back and make changes.
Old 10-23-05, 07:09 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

The Blue is the same as on the GS, perhaps the dealer has one in stock for you to see. It will give you a good idea what your car will look like if you see a blue GS in person. The blue is gorgeous, by the way. There's some pictures on CL, but you really need to see it in person to appreciate it, imho.
Old 10-23-05, 07:36 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

The blue is very nice. I haven't seen it in person except for on the GS which is the same color but I've seen pics of it on the IS and it looks really tasteful.
Old 10-23-05, 07:41 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw one this past weekend and let me tell you, IT'S AWESOME, if i was to get one <very tempted> that or SGM would be my choices <Dont bother with the site, looks Nothing like it>.. personally I would've gotten it with black interior but it should look nice regardless..
Old 10-23-05, 09:51 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

the bule is really nice, thats why i got it
Old 10-23-05, 09:58 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i love the blue onyx. i would def get that color, if i cant get a white one.
Old 10-23-05, 10:47 PM
cooney
Rookie

I saw an IS250 this weekend in blue onyx and it is very nice, in fact that's the color I've decided to get, with the black interior, in an IS350 (if and when one comes in).

It is not quite as dark as some pictures show it, but still darker than the smoky granite mica. I think the color chip in the fancy 38-page IS book is pretty accurate for that color (but not some of the others). This probably sounds dumb, but it looks lighter (bluer) in bright light.
Old 10-24-05, 12:29 AM
mikekao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cooney
This probably sounds dumb, but it looks lighter (bluer) in bright light.
Actually I'm happy to hear that. Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it, and now I feel a lot better about my choice

Has anyone seen a sterling gray interior? All the one's I saw were black, which is nice, but I would prefer a lighter interior
Old 10-25-05, 12:26 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen the new IS in blue onyx pearl but I just got the new GS in that color and it's gorgeous. As others have mentioned, it looks so much better in person and actually looks black when it's dark or cloudy outside, but once the sun hits it, you can see the blue shimmer and glow. I have some pics here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183568.
Old 10-25-05, 03:22 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default saw one

at a dealer on this coast, i think it was a 350 w/ black interior. my wife LOVED the color. i thought it was nice, just not me - i think i might go with the breakwater blue (a little more conservative). blue onyx was pretty shap - could see it with chrome rims!
Old 10-29-05, 07:29 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikekao
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered an IS250 AWD in Blue Onyx/sterling gray interior loaded w Nav/ML, luxury package & park assist. Unfortunately they did not have any IS's in Blue Onyx available at the dealership, so basically I was taking a gamble. In fact, they didn't even have any IS's with any interior color other than black, so I have no idea what my car would look like. Has anyone seen the IS in blue in person? How about the sterling interior? Any good good pics out there? Fortunately my deposit is refundable, so if I end up not being satisfied I don't have to take it, and I do have a little time to go back and make changes.

Go to this page for pics of Blue Onyx:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183985
Old 10-29-05, 10:04 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

The blue onxy is a beautiful color would have been my 2nd choice if if werent for glacier frost. The sterling interior is like a grey/ash color, I like it better than cashmere and black.
Old 11-02-05, 05:19 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here's a pic of the Blue Onyx IS

I'm torn between the Blue Onyx or Crystal White. I have a Black GS, so keeping 2 dark cars clean will be a challenge - but I have a few months to decide so we'll see.
Old 11-02-05, 09:23 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

This pic just made up my mind that I am going to get Blue Onyx instead of black...thank you so much!
Old 11-03-05, 03:44 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

I ordered my Blue Onyx Pearl 250 last friday and my sales guy said it should be arriving into port sometime this weekend so perhaps next friday i can finally pick it up. I was a bit nervous about ordering this color with the cashmere interior without actually seeing it "live" but with what i've read from this post i'm sure i've made a good decision. I was at first going to get the crystal white but my little brother beat me to it a couple of weeks ago so we'll have 2 new IS's. Will posts pics once i get mines.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen the IS in Blue Onyx?