IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 350 is almost here! (okay its here with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 01:11 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up My 350 is almost here! (okay its here with pics)

Damn, these past few days have been torture! Once I finally decided on the IS350, anticipation set in real fast. The car was in transit to my local dealer and I thought it would be here by yesterday. The salesperson just called me and stated that the car is about 3-4 hours away! What sucks is that they need to PDI the car and that wont happen until tomorrow Rats! Oh well, they just gave me 1 more day to back out of it Btw, this will be a IS350 with black interior. Nav, and the sport package, The exterior color is Smoky Granite Mica. I can't wait!!!!!
Old 10-21-05, 01:25 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I can't believe you have to wait a day! What is PID? Is that the dealer inspection, or the customer customization dealie?
Old 10-21-05, 01:32 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Yes, PDI is the inspection. They take off all the plastic, give it a wash, and inspect the car before they can release it. I told them I would do my own PDI. They didnt fall for it
Old 10-21-05, 01:36 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Originally Posted by Maximus330
Yes, PDI is the inspection. They take off all the plastic, give it a wash, and inspect the car before they can release it. I told them I would do my own PDI. They didnt fall for it
LOL! I'd be kicking and screaming like a little baby. I might have to walk over and have a short talk with the sales manager.

I told them yesterday that I don't want a single mile on my car when it comes. He said their techs have to inspect the car then the sales guy does his own inspection. I said they can pass the sales guy inspection and that I had better be there when the tech is driving it!

I'm very, very **** about how my car is handled before the break-in period is up. I don't even want them washing it with their dirty sandpaper towels.
Old 10-21-05, 01:45 PM
snapgt
Driver School Candidate

Maximum - where in Cali are you buying the car?

I'm wondering if you took what was supposed to be my car

-snap-
Old 10-21-05, 01:49 PM
joshua d
Rookie

Were you able to get the ML stereo?

I have to wait for mine with the ML but when it comes I get MP3 DVD's, standard DVD's and no need for a ipod at that point
Old 10-21-05, 02:10 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Default You Too?

Damn, these past few days have been torture! Once I finally decided on the IS350, anticipation set in real fast. The car was in transit to my local dealer and I thought it would be here by yesterday. The salesperson just called me and stated that the car is about 3-4 hours away! What sucks is that they need to PDI the car and that wont happen until tomorrow Rats! Oh well, they just gave me 1 more day to back out of it Btw, this will be a IS350 with black interior. Nav, and the sport package, The exterior color is Smoky Granite Mica. I can't wait!!!!!
That's the same story I got. Car was supposed to be here on Wednesday. I called this morning and salesperson told me that one transport driver called in sick on Tuesday and that car was still waiting for transport. They did say that it was on the way and should be here by 3pm PST. Entire family is so anxious to see this car. Hubby is actually thinking about camping out at dealership to wait for the transport so that he can see it taken off the truck!!
I FEEL YOUR PAIN, MAXIMUS!!!
Old 10-21-05, 02:18 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

My pain is over! It's here!! Wahoo!!! PDI will be finished and I should be able to pick it up at 5pm!!! Damn, I am stocked!!! My dealer is in Monterey btw.
Old 10-21-05, 02:20 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

My pain is over! It's here!! Wahoo!!! PDI will be finished and I should be able to pick it up at 5pm!!! Damn, I am stocked!!! My dealer is in Monterey btw.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-05, 02:25 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Thanks Gonzo!! Btw, who are you buying your car from?
Old 10-21-05, 02:50 PM
SLIDE1
Driver School Candidate

Default No DVD MP3 WHILE MOVING?

I read in GS forum you can not listen to MP3's that are burned on a DVD unless parked. Just like a DVD movie. Is this confirmed for the IS?
Old 10-21-05, 02:52 PM
joshua d
Rookie

if you have your car fixed the DVD issues is solved for video.

Does anyone have ML? If so do mp3 dvd's work wjhen driving by default?
Old 10-21-05, 04:42 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Thanks Gonzo!! Btw, who are you buying your car from?
Lexus of Pleasanton - ~ 30 miles East of San Francisco or ~ 30 Miles North of San Jose.

I expect delivery around Thanksgiving and I'm about to lose my mind with anticipation...
Old 10-21-05, 07:04 PM
Minarets
Driver School Candidate

well dont forget about us!!! i have to live vicariously through you...we will nedd tons of pics of both ex and interior!!!

best of luck!
Old 10-21-05, 07:11 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Originally Posted by Minarets
well dont forget about us!!! i have to live vicariously through you...we will nedd tons of pics of both ex and interior!!!

best of luck!

Yeah, we need pics! Lots of pics!

Quick Reply: My 350 is almost here! (okay its here with pics)