IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

bluetooth

Old 10-17-05, 09:35 PM
the lndr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth

in my new is250, the bluetooth wont connect to my cingular trio 650 phone. any secrets?Lexus says they are not compatible and to use a motorolla phone. HELP!
Old 10-17-05, 09:45 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Try updating the firmware of the phone. And tell us if it works. I have a treo also
Old 10-17-05, 10:03 PM
the lndr
Driver

I have updated the phone thru palm inc still a nooo goooo. early today i went to Lexuscall website i forgot the exact address but it showed bluetooth compatibilty with car makers. If I remeber right the 650 trio was a no go with the new 5th gen nav. I will check my notes Tue for the address
Old 10-17-05, 10:10 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There have been known issues with the Treo 650's lack of ability to pair (and stay connected if it even gets that far) to automotive bluetooth systems. It's not just a Lexus thing. The problem lies somewhere in the Treo itself, not the car. Nobody really knows any fixes for it yet, and Palm hasn't released software or firmware (at least to my knowledge) that fixes this problem.

My best bet to you would be to get a cheap bluetooth capable phone (Motorola V551 works really well, but there are other bluetooth phones out there that aren't Moto's that will work) and just swap the SIM card out between your Treo and your other phone.
Old 10-18-05, 04:34 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sprint Treo 650's the only ones to work so far..

If you don't have Sprint and want to use the Bluetooth in your Lexus then you will need to consider other phones. If you have Sprint then go through the pairing procedure and make sure that the Lexus is in trusted devices. Once the Treo says it's connected make a call from the phone and the Lexus will respond that it is connected. The problem with the Treo is that it will drop offline on the Bluetooth without warning and will reconnect just as unpredictably. If you have Sprint then you will need Version 1.12 or higher downloaded.
Old 10-18-05, 12:00 PM
the lndr
Driver

the Lexus compatibility website for bluetooth is lexus.letstalk.com. check it out
Old 01-06-06, 07:24 PM
flint330
Rookie

Smile Update firmeware on Treo 650

Trial No. 1
Yesterday I tried everything to pair the treo 650 to our new Lexus SC430. No luck. Very discouraged.

Trial No. 2.
We updated the firmware today on the phone to version 1.13 and then tried again to get the phone to pair. We are having some limited success. If we follow all the required steps from the car and from the bluetooth pairing routine on the phone, except that the car won't acknowledge the phone is connected. We could place one call thru the car -- this was very cool -- but not a second call. Discouraged.

Trial 3
After we end the call we turned off the car. Walked away for a few minutes and came back. When we came back it was not working. I went thru the phone's and the car's setup drill again. Again one call worked but not the second.

Trial 4 - 30 minutes later after reading more ideas on this site.
I then turned on the phone and went into the bluetooth setup. I told it this time to use "trusted devices". The bluetooth options were set to be discoverable. We chose the device name we used earlier in the day for the car phone. I believe it was "hands free". I turned the car on again thinking I would do the setup again, but within about 5 seconds the car said "bluetooth discovered" and the phone then began worked great with the car. I made several calls and had people call me -- it's still working!

Trial 5 -- 40 minutes later
I turned on the car about 40 minutes later -- we had done nothing new to the phone, but the car discovered it again. Again tested with a few calls and its working. Used the Nav system and had someone call me -- still working.

I think this process is the solution. Its cumbersome and maybe you can skip Trial #3.

Best of Luck to all owners of both of these great toys.

Jill and Frank (flint330)

Last edited by flint330; 01-06-06 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Good news more information
Old 01-06-06, 07:35 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the lndr
the Lexus compatibility website for bluetooth is lexus.letstalk.com. check it out
Use the site correctly. The site will list handsets that have been specifically tested and found to be fully/partially compatible with the Lexus bluetooth implementation (who knows to what degree). If a handset does not appear on this website, that doesn't mean it will not work all at. The site only lists handsets that were submitted and tested and works, nothing more can be implied or inferred. Since we don't know who maintains that site and how often it is updated.