IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

just took out the 350 for a test drive (lease quote and mp3 disc answer in here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05, 06:43 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just took out the 350 for a test drive (lease quote and mp3 disc answer in here)

Ya, so this car is pretty ridiculous. I was the first one in the state to test drive a 350 -- Anways we go out for a test drive, and DAMN this thing hauls. I was giggling like a little girl when I was slamming down the pedal. Interior is nice, and the gauges when you start up the car is the sexiest part. The needles jump and do a little light show when you start it up. Oh and the salesman was saying something about the gauges flashing when you need to shift, but I was busy watching the road. The blind spot in this car is a *****, but the side mirrors are massive to make up for it. (I'm used to checking the blind spot and not the mirrors though which was throwing me off.

So, the answer is that both the base system and the Nav system both play MP3/Data cds. I was playing with the stereo/nav in a 250, and it was really cool. When you put in a data cd, it will read the folder, display them on the nav screen, and then you can navigate through the different folders. For the base system, it still played the data cds, but it did not display any track or folder information on the screen. But it's fairly easly to navigate through the folders and tracks with the base system.

So I had the salesman quote me a lease price. (This was on a pretty stock 350, had the $1200 package and 18's. They also apparently throw some other bs on there for $699, some sort of service plan.) So we are looking at around $38000 for the car, and the monthly payments he said would be $570, if I put $2500 down. So I was like, well I'm not ready right now, plus my dad knows the head manager at the other lexus dealership in the state, and he says he can hook me up with a deal. So of course he's like, well call me up if he offers you a deal, let us know what the deal is and we will see what we can do. But he was a cool guy, and it was nice having him treat me like an adult and not ignoring due to my age (20), like the last guy did. Plus I think I intimidated him a bit with my knowledge on the car which was quite fun

But ya I'm for sure getting one of these things, and I really don't want to be patient, I want it now. Has anyone been quoted a lease price of near $400 a month for a stripped down 350? It seems quite feasible if you can get them to cut the interest on the lease down. That's the price I'm holding out for....
Old 10-14-05, 06:51 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Good stuff.... I def know what you are talking about with the age thing. I am 20 also and some dealerships blow me off , but there are a few that have gone out of their way to help me out....they will get my business...
Old 10-14-05, 08:09 PM
cashu2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by the_ez_rhino
Ya, so this car is pretty ridiculous. I was the first one in the state to test drive a 350 -- Anways we go out for a test drive, and DAMN this thing hauls. I was giggling like a little girl when I was slamming down the pedal. Interior is nice, and the gauges when you start up the car is the sexiest part. The needles jump and do a little light show when you start it up. Oh and the salesman was saying something about the gauges flashing when you need to shift, but I was busy watching the road. The blind spot in this car is a *****, but the side mirrors are massive to make up for it. (I'm used to checking the blind spot and not the mirrors though which was throwing me off.

So, the answer is that both the base system and the Nav system both play MP3/Data cds. I was playing with the stereo/nav in a 250, and it was really cool. When you put in a data cd, it will read the folder, display them on the nav screen, and then you can navigate through the different folders. For the base system, it still played the data cds, but it did not display any track or folder information on the screen. But it's fairly easly to navigate through the folders and tracks with the base system.

So I had the salesman quote me a lease price. (This was on a pretty stock 350, had the $1200 package and 18's. They also apparently throw some other bs on there for $699, some sort of service plan.) So we are looking at around $38000 for the car, and the monthly payments he said would be $570, if I put $2500 down. So I was like, well I'm not ready right now, plus my dad knows the head manager at the other lexus dealership in the state, and he says he can hook me up with a deal. So of course he's like, well call me up if he offers you a deal, let us know what the deal is and we will see what we can do. But he was a cool guy, and it was nice having him treat me like an adult and not ignoring due to my age (20), like the last guy did. Plus I think I intimidated him a bit with my knowledge on the car which was quite fun

But ya I'm for sure getting one of these things, and I really don't want to be patient, I want it now. Has anyone been quoted a lease price of near $400 a month for a stripped down 350? It seems quite feasible if you can get them to cut the interest on the lease down. That's the price I'm holding out for....
The cheapest you could get it with $2500 down would be closer to $500 a month then $400. Did the quote he gave you include taxes? There are taxes added to the payment every month on a lease, wasn't sure if you knew that, if you did I will shut up.