IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 at $37K

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 02:16 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default IS350 at $37K

My local Lexus called me up saying they just received their first shipment of IS350 and IS250 (which is only 2 - one of each ). Both were sold already. Are the IS being sold in the states yet? The IS350 is being sold at $37K out the door without my usual discount. It is pretty much loaded without NAV (useless for our area). The IS350 came with parking sensor, sunroof, ML audio, vented seats and adaptive headlights (these options are only what I can see). These new Mark Levinson stereo system (in the 06 GS and IS) puts my old 01 GS ML system to shame but doesn't sound as rich as the one on the new 06 GS (maybe because of bigger GS cabin area). Didn't have much time to play with it. One thing quite interesting is you can set a indicator on the tach and speedometer at certain rpm and speed. What this does is make a lighted ring light up in the speedometer or tach when you approach the set rpm or speed. The sales guy told me that the ML in the IS350 is MP3 ready. I told him he must be thinking about the AUX port to connect the MP3 play. Tomorrow I am going to bring a MP3 CD to see if it will play in the IS350. Won't be able to test drive one until the next shipment in a couple of weeks.

Make me itching to by a new Lexus. Patiently waiting for either the GS450h or GS460.

Chu...
Old 10-11-05, 02:36 AM
isdsms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuH
My local Lexus called me up saying they just received their first shipment of IS350 and IS250 (which is only 2 - one of each ). Both were sold already. Are the IS being sold in the states yet? The IS350 is being sold at $37K out the door without my usual discount. It is pretty much loaded without NAV (useless for our area). The IS350 came with parking sensor, sunroof, ML audio, vented seats and adaptive headlights (these options are only what I can see). These new Mark Levinson stereo system (in the 06 GS and IS) puts my old 01 GS ML system to shame but doesn't sound as rich as the one on the new 06 GS (maybe because of bigger GS cabin area). Didn't have much time to play with it. One thing quite interesting is you can set a indicator on the tach and speedometer at certain rpm and speed. What this does is make a lighted ring light up in the speedometer or tach when you approach the set rpm or speed. The sales guy told me that the ML in the IS350 is MP3 ready. I told him he must be thinking about the AUX port to connect the MP3 play. Tomorrow I am going to bring a MP3 CD to see if it will play in the IS350. Won't be able to test drive one until the next shipment in a couple of weeks.

Make me itching to by a new Lexus. Patiently waiting for either the GS450h or GS460.

Chu...
Where is this at? That price seems low. It will be tremendous treat for me and the rest of us if the price comes in at sub $40k as I am expecting to pay at least 43K here on the east coast for an IS350 with: HW, LT, NV, PA. Here's hoping!
Old 10-11-05, 02:48 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by isdsms
Where is this at? That price seems low. It will be tremendous treat for me and the rest of us if the price comes in at sub $40k as I am expecting to pay at least 43K here on the east coast for an IS350 with: HW, LT, NV, PA. Here's hoping!
I am located in Guam (US Territory) in the Pacific Ocean (Marianas Island). US dollar is our primary currency. We do not have sales tax rather it is a 4% GRT (Gross Receipt Tax) which is already included with the price. To give you an idea the 06 GS300 cost us $44K out the door for a ML, sun roof, adaptive headlights, rear sun shade, rear camera, parking sensor, and vented seats. How much is the GS with the same setup cost in your area?

Chu...
Old 10-11-05, 03:26 AM
isdsms
Driver

Originally Posted by ChuH
I am located in Guam (US Territory) in the Pacific Ocean (Marianas Island). US dollar is our primary currency. We do not have sales tax rather it is a 4% GRT (Gross Receipt Tax) which is already included with the price. To give you an idea the 06 GS300 cost us $44K out the door for a ML, sun roof, adaptive headlights, rear sun shade, rear camera, parking sensor, and vented seats. How much is the GS with the same setup cost in your area?

Chu...
Pretty close in price. Well a lot of people are going to be quite happy today if your price on the IS 350 holds true.
Old 10-11-05, 06:29 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Reminder for all. The prices that ChuH has posted is only for Guam for a Toyota/Lexus distributor. These are not prices reflected for the mainland Lexus USA.
Old 10-11-05, 06:33 AM
DingDingDao
Rookie

Wouldn't the prices for an equivalent car in Guam tend to be more expensive than in the continental U.S.? Someone educate me...
Old 10-11-05, 06:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by DingDingDo
Wouldn't the prices for an equivalent car in Guam tend to be more expensive than in the continental U.S.? Someone educate me...
A little bit less. For one, Guam is closer to Japan than the US so the obvious savings in shipping costs is reduced. Two, vehicles sold in Guam through Atkins Kroll Inc, an exclusive distributor for Toyota and Lexus for that island. If you buy a Lexus in Guam, you are technically buying it from a 3rd party, not directly through Lexus or Toyota Motor Sales USA per se. Many options that are packaged in the US cars are not available for vehicles sold out there. They are not subject to all the taxes and fees we have to pay.

This just like Servco in Hawaii. Toyota & Lexus vehicle pricing and option package availability is different there than it is here on the mainland.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-11-05 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-11-05, 08:12 AM
cooney
Rookie

Default ML without NAV

What I found interesting is that the IS350 can come with the premium ML audio system but without nav, at least in Guam.

I had assumed that the ML system was bundled with NAV for some technical reason (e.g., it needed to use the NAV display), but apparently tying of ML to NAV is done just to sell more NAV-equipped cars.

Is this "standard policy" for Lexus?

It sure is a bummer for those of us who'd like to have the premium audio setup but don't really need the GPS.
Old 10-11-05, 12:09 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On the LS, ML is typically bundled with the NAVI.
Old 10-11-05, 12:28 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

that's pretty sweet price
Old 10-11-05, 02:19 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flipside909

This just like Servco in Hawaii. Toyota & Lexus vehicle pricing and option package availability is different there than it is here on the mainland.
You got that right. Only in our case it is more expensive with less options
Old 10-11-05, 02:36 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
You got that right. Only in our case it is more expensive with less options

Actually, in the case of the GS430, you get 4 different option bundles, on the west coast we only get 1 choice. Is one a choice?!?
Old 10-11-05, 02:49 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Actually, in the case of the GS430, you get 4 different option bundles, on the west coast we only get 1 choice. Is one a choice?!?

True, still no navigation though Also it took us a year before we could even get the 18" rim option on the RX330. No back up camera because we can't get the navigation screen either. Could get the rear seat DVD player until 2005 I guess it is a give on take with each model
Old 10-11-05, 09:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TimboIS
The GS430 you have the most popular options packaged per region demand. You still can opt to order what you want hence the wait. It's all based on market demand which is why the GS430's you mostly see have a sticker price of 58k with the same exact options here in the Western Region.