IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First Shipment of IS350's

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-05, 01:19 PM
jmcphillip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Shipment of IS350's

I just wanted to vent some worries that I am having. I am first on the list in Birmingham, Alabama for a 350. Some people on this board are speculating that the first shipments will not contain units with mark levinson, dynamic cruise, pcs. Now for some, you may not be interested in these items but I want a fully loaded unit. I hope for my sake as well as anyone who wants these features, that this speculation is false. There is no reason for Lexus not to have every feature ready to go. A head tech from Atlanta came over to Hunstville Alabama to give a tech seminar and he was driving a 350 grey with grey interior. I know this because I went over there personally and sat in it. It was fully loaded with mark levinson, pcs, dynamic. Now if he has a fully loaded unit then you know they must be ready to go. Sorry to vent but I have been waiting for a long time for this car and it better be ready to go at launch or I might have to bite the bullet on a 330i. Please let me hear some feedback.
Old 10-07-05, 01:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

You're preaching to the choir. I'm in the same position. $$$ in hand, waiting to give it to Lexus, but no loaded 350's around.
Old 10-07-05, 02:16 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Well let's just cross our fingers and hope that there are some leaded IS350's in the first shipment. Remember, it's all rumors and speculation at this point, so don't get too discouraged yet.

You'll be ziping by us in a hot loaded IS350 soon enough!
Old 10-07-05, 02:19 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The initial allocation of IS350 will have NAV but not the NAV/ML & PCS/Radar Cruise. Don't expect to see any in the first allocation of IS350s. It will be very rare. Put in your order now or you will have to wait forever.

The info Asiangirl007 is official, not rumors FYI. She is one of our most credible ClubLexus sources for new info and for many years since CL started.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-07-05 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-07-05, 03:33 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats ridiculous
What is Lexus doing..
People want fully loaded cars.
Old 10-07-05, 03:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Erick G
People want fully loaded cars.
Not really. I chose not to get certain options because they are unnecessary for me. I did not choose sunroof, PCS, and headlamp washers because I would never ever use them. Why add another $1500 to the price for things I don't want? People may compromise and get a car with extras, but most people do not want their cars to be fully loaded.

Now, how about things that I want that I cannot get... That's another topic.
Old 10-07-05, 04:09 PM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

It appears I'm not the only one who wants Nav + ML (IS350), so I'm wondering why Lexus would not take orders back in August when production began, knowing they would be building cars with the options people wanted.

I talked to several dealers this afternoon including the local dealer I plan on buying my IS350 from and none of them knew exactly what they are getting (as far as options go).

The colors are random, the options are random, yet most of the people who would be willing to preorder know exactly what they want.

I for example want an IS350 with Nav + ML, Premium Luxury Plus Package, Tungsten Pearl or Black Onyx with Black Perforated Leather Trim with Auburn Bird’s-Eye Maple Accent.

I would also like to buy it from my local Lexus dealer, but I'm starting to think I will have to call other dealers to get exactly what I want or special order and wait 90 plus days. The only problem is my lease (which has been extended already) ends on Nov 8, just 30 days from now.
Old 10-07-05, 04:13 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Not really. I chose not to get certain options because they are unnecessary for me. I did not choose sunroof, PCS, and headlamp washers because I would never ever use them. Why add another $1500 to the price for things I don't want? People may compromise and get a car with extras, but most people do not want their cars to be fully loaded.

Now, how about things that I want that I cannot get... That's another topic.
Let's agree to disagree.
Old 10-07-05, 04:31 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Let's agree to disagree.
Agreed...
Old 10-07-05, 05:18 PM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
The initial allocation of IS350 will have NAV but not the NAV/ML & PCS/Radar Cruise. Don't expect to see any in the first allocation of IS350s..
ahhhh, the internet...it's still possible there will be no ML in the first batch, but i'm starting to hear more & more there might very well be some cars so equipped
Old 10-07-05, 05:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3oi
ahhhh, the internet...it's still possible there will be no ML in the first batch, but i'm starting to hear more & more there might very well be some cars so equipped
Anything is possible.
Old 10-07-05, 08:25 PM
OneHump
Driver School Candidate

I found out about this on Tuesday and I've been steaming mad ever since. I've been waiting for this vehicle for far too long and, now that it's almost here, I'm told no ML and 90 days if I want my choice of color and options. No one has a clue when ML will be available.

I called Lexus and they have been pretty useless as they are just as much in the dark as I am. What gets me is that no one can give me a solid answer. The answer seems to change every day with the only consistency being "no ML in the first allocation".

My preference is to not spend $40,000+ on a vehicle with integrated "standard" audio that cannot be upgraded. I won't touch this car without ML.

My only hope here is that Lexus will have more information once the big secret is out on 10/14 or 10/17, depending on when the real launch is; another mystery at the moment.
Old 10-07-05, 09:19 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by OneHump
I found out about this on Tuesday and I've been steaming mad ever since. I've been waiting for this vehicle for far too long and, now that it's almost here, I'm told no ML and 90 days if I want my choice of color and options. No one has a clue when ML will be available.

I called Lexus and they have been pretty useless as they are just as much in the dark as I am. What gets me is that no one can give me a solid answer. The answer seems to change every day with the only consistency being "no ML in the first allocation".

My preference is to not spend $40,000+ on a vehicle with integrated "standard" audio that cannot be upgraded. I won't touch this car without ML.

My only hope here is that Lexus will have more information once the big secret is out on 10/14 or 10/17, depending on when the real launch is; another mystery at the moment.
I couldn't agree with you more. I have two dealers calling me daily, saying we have this car coming in with these options/colors/etc. I tell them sorry, not until you find one fully loaded. I'm willing to compromise on color, but that's all. They really seem to be trying, so I give them credit. My gut tells me they're not being able to match people on the waiting list (70 currently) with what they're getting on allocation. Let's hope Lexus learns something from this (and fire the guy that decided on the initial build configs).
Old 10-07-05, 09:59 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please someone dyno their car so i can see what the REAL horsepower figures are
Old 10-07-05, 10:05 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Bean
please someone dyno their car so i can see what the REAL horsepower figures are
Is tomorrow ok?