IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First Shipment of IS350's

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-05, 08:07 AM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Lex your wrong. ML is ready to go and on most of the first cars to be delivered. But I'm sure you are happy to hear that.
Old 10-08-05, 10:20 AM
OneHump
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, this is the problem I have been having. It's not so much that ML isnt shipping with the first batch, which I believe to be true, but that there are people out there with different understandings of what will be available. I believe most of these people are dealers.

I believe the no ML statement is accurate for these reasons:

1. Elizabeth said it and, after reading her posts, I believe she is a credible source.

2. Elizabeth and other dealers have said the exact same thing, echoing exactly what the general manager of my local dealer said to me. They are getting this information from Lexus. There is no more credible source.

3. I called Lexus and, though they had no more information than the dealers, they could not deny that it was true.

Sure, it REALLY blows that there won't be ML in the first WEST COAST allocation, but I would be reasonably happy if I could get a solid answer about WHEN ML will be available.

The Lexus hype machine is blowing it with all this secrecy. All it does is create rumors and inconsistency.
Old 10-08-05, 02:25 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flnsx
Lex your wrong. ML is ready to go and on most of the first cars to be delivered. But I'm sure you are happy to hear that.
Well, until someome purchases a car with ML...Nobody is wrong

Lex
Old 10-08-05, 04:27 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you for sure. My local dealer showed me TODAY his allocation sheet. There are vehicles in this region with the code VN. There WILL be ML options in the 350s in the first batch in this Midwest/Central region, 99% sure.
Old 10-08-05, 04:28 PM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

That is what I told everyone above.

TRUST ME not Elizabeth. I think I might be a little higher up then her. Wink
Old 10-08-05, 04:32 PM
LexFather

How about a
Old 10-08-05, 04:41 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I think the Lexus folks hired some Honda people to do their intro.

Back in 99 when I bought my S2000, the dealers pretty much got some unit off the truck for the first go round.

There was a pretty bad initial imbalance between supply and demand (on top of dealer gouging for a hot car).

For the IS, we add a bunch of configuration options to the mix.

I have looking for a white on gray awd unit with nav.

What I heard from a pretty with it dealer in upstate New York was that the Northeast was getting non nav, non HID awd cars initially to keep the sticker shock factor down.

On the other hand the 350s seem to be coming loaded (except for ML) including the 18 inch wheel summer tire package.

My sense is that to get waht you really want it may take some phone calls to a wide swath of dealers or patience.

To get a sense of Lexus' approach to inventory, consider the GS 300 awd builds around here.
They build navless base cars or loaded nav ML cars that sticker around $52K.
Old 10-08-05, 04:45 PM
LexFather

I have never heard of any car company just making the car everyway possible and sending them to dealers. There is a METHOD to the MADNESS.

1. Maybe there isn't enough capacity to make ML systems.
2. Maybe Lexus wants to penetrate the market with non-loaded cars, so they sell very briskly.
3. Etc etc

We don't know WHY we have these allocations but there is a REASON to it.

The end is, you have to WAIT. Funny but even if the IS is 3 years old, if you want it a certain way, you will still have to wait
Old 10-08-05, 04:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

So we know the ML cars are here in the first batch. IIRC as many as 50 cars in this region. Not for everyone, but they are here for sure for some of us. The question I have is where is the Performance Luxury Plus (ST) package? Everything seems to be Premium Luxury Plus (LT) on the loaded 350s, am I wrong? And the PCS?

I did see vehicles allocated which had Park Assist (PA).
Old 10-08-05, 05:42 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I have been posting the WEST COAST allocation. I have NEVER claimed to know what's going on with the rest of the United States. Show me where I said my allocation was for the entire country. The builds always vary from region to region, most especially west coast and east coast. If you are indeed a "higher up" as you claim, you would know this as it is common knowledge.

I have been with Lexus since 1993 and I have been on Club Lexus for quite some time now as well. I do not see any other Lexus dealer or Lexus employee on this site sharing infomation on a regular basis of their own free will. I spend a lot of my own personal time and effort to help inform the public because just like you, I hate being kept in the dark about things.

Check yourself before trying to challenge what I post. You do not know me, nor do you know what my "position" is at the dealership.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-08-05 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 05:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Everyone is sharing info here from their sources. Do you work for TLS or Lexus Region Office? I think with all this anticipation of the car coming out soon, everyone is getting antsy. Just relax people...it's coming soon....and it's just a car...not the end of the world if ML is available or not.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-08-05 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 05:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Is that supposed to be a cheapshot? You obviously haven't been here long enough.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-08-05 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 07:29 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Is that supposed to be a cheapshot? You obviously haven't been here long enough.
As long as we get correct information I personally don't care how long or how many posts a member has. Only time will tell if he is indeed correct or not though, but I sure hope he is correct because I'm with those that think it is a mistake to not offer the ML right away. Also he has been here since 2002. I think that is more than long enough. His posts count may be short, but people have a lot more posts than he does and simply talk nonsense so posts count pretty much means nothing.
Old 10-08-05, 07:35 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

AsianGirl is correct, when I posted about ML not being available at time of launch, she quickly reminded me that she was specific to her region and that I should checkout my own area. It was hard for me to believe that California would NOT be getting ML car (maybe) and Kansas WOULD be getting ML cars, but you know what? Kansas is getting ML cars maybe as early as a week from now.
Old 10-09-05, 12:26 AM
bartkat
Driver School Candidate

If they don't come in with ML, then all the better chance for me to get a non-loaded car while the ML fans turn them down.

Quick Reply: First Shipment of IS350's