IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CA Auto Show, '06 IS Pictures. 56k warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 11:06 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
And that little black "hole" on the door handle is probably the sensor for the keyless.
That's funny.
Old 10-06-05, 01:46 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
I was also quite surprised how orangie the Matador Red was. Very nice color, But I'm partial to Crystal White.

And that little black "hole" on the door handle is probably the sensor for the keyless. Not a keyhole

Hey Vincent, I say you go there. Definately a good experience, since it's not as crowded as the LA Auto Show, and you get lots of seat time. Besides, you can play with the navi, and do the self check gauges, over and over again. Other than that, plenty of Lambos there.
somehow I don't think the sensor of the keyless entry is in the hole, especially one that points downward. The keyless entry system is not that different than the common remote entry with a key fob, except that you don't have to press a button. I think the sensors are on the trunk and somewhere on the glass.
Old 10-06-05, 03:07 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

very sexy.
Old 10-06-05, 03:37 PM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jlin101
somehow I don't think the sensor of the keyless entry is in the hole, especially one that points downward. The keyless entry system is not that different than the common remote entry with a key fob, except that you don't have to press a button. I think the sensors are on the trunk and somewhere on the glass.
Keyless SmartAccess

When the theft deterrent ECU detects that the Smart Key is within the detection area, it identifies and checks the Smart Key ID code. It then sends signals that illuminate the interior lighting system and triggers the functions of the vehicle's other ECUs, which allow the vehicle to be unlocked, locked or started.

Eight transmitters (four door transmitters, two trunk transmitters, and two cabin transmitters) form the detection area. The Smart Key also activates the memory recall, automatically positioning the driver seat, mirrors, steering wheel and seat belt anchor. The SmartAccess functions are only available for the master key.
Old 10-06-05, 06:17 PM
at918
Driver School Candidate

Default Where is this CA auto show?

Is this located in southern cali or northern cali? can anyone give me some info where and where is it at? i would like to go and check it out.
Old 10-06-05, 06:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by at918
Is this located in southern cali or northern cali? can anyone give me some info where and where is it at? i would like to go and check it out.
It is at the Anaheim Convention Center across Disneyland in Southern Cali.

It runs from Wed, Oct 5th to Sun, Oct 9th. Open til 10PM, $10 for adults.

Check out: www.caautoshow.com
Old 10-06-05, 06:31 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice pics...wow that Red is....RED!!!
Old 10-06-05, 06:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by MR LEX
...and seat belt anchor...
I highly doubt the seat belt anchors are part of the memory system or even motorized on the IS. If they are, color me impressed.
Old 10-06-05, 07:47 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I highly doubt the seat belt anchors are part of the memory system or even motorized on the IS. If they are, color me impressed.
They should be. My 92 LS has that!
Old 10-06-05, 08:44 PM
IS350spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by enigma354
Very nice pics...wow that Red is....RED!!!
The red in the photos is not the red that I saw at Taste of Lexus, the photos show a more orange red, where the taste of lexus was more of a deep red, like the press photos.
Old 10-06-05, 09:35 PM
at918
Driver School Candidate

Thanks philip. Man, why is everything in southern Cali. We got nothing going in the north...
Old 10-07-05, 03:17 AM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TimboIS
It was a direct quote from Lexus...though we know how that goes

Lex
Old 10-07-05, 09:12 AM
sjava
Driver School Candidate

I went to the show last night. The interior is really great but it's a kinda tight at the back. The 3 series interior looks really plain compare to this. I don't like Audi interior too. Kinda surprising considering the hype about Audi interior. Lexus has the best interior with Acura close second.

I love the 18'' wheels and the wheel gaps are minimal. Woohoo. The tail is kinda big and tall for my taste. Oh well, i'll get over it.
Old 10-07-05, 09:21 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maz
They should be. My 92 LS has that!
Only the LS has motorized seatbelt anchor, being the luxury flagship. Not even the GS has that, let alone the IS.
Old 10-07-05, 09:25 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR LEX
Keyless SmartAccess

When the theft deterrent ECU detects that the Smart Key is within the detection area, it identifies and checks the Smart Key ID code. It then sends signals that illuminate the interior lighting system and triggers the functions of the vehicle's other ECUs, which allow the vehicle to be unlocked, locked or started.

Eight transmitters (four door transmitters, two trunk transmitters, and two cabin transmitters) form the detection area. The Smart Key also activates the memory recall, automatically positioning the driver seat, mirrors, steering wheel and seat belt anchor. The SmartAccess functions are only available for the master key.
The sensors are practically invisible and definitely not in a hole; otherwise there'd be a hole on each door and the trunk.

Quick Reply: CA Auto Show, '06 IS Pictures. 56k warning