IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New 60-page IS350/250 brochure!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 09:29 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Any Performance/Technology claims (fuel tank, Cd, engine displacement) fit only in this section. There is NO fuel tank, Cd, or engine displacement claim made for the IS 250 vs. G35 on pages 38-39. Similarly, there is NO fuel tank, Cd, or engine displacement claim made for the IS 350 vs. G35 on pages 30-31.]

Lexus is not going to point out deficiencies in their comparisions! You obviuosly know nothing about marketing.

Last edited by TimboIS; 10-01-05 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-01-05, 09:43 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Lexus is not going to point out deficiencies in their comparisions! You obviuosly know nothing about marking.
I am well aware that marketing aims to focus on all benefits, and minimize any deficiencies, of one's product. If you read my posts completely, you would know that all I am doing is discussing the ACCURACY of the brochure, which I went over line by line.

And it's marketing, not marking. My earlier statement was simply to point out to the other respected poster that his assertions that Lexus made false deficiency statements on behalf of other manufacturers was not necessarily the case. There were no false deficiency comparisons made against the G35 regarding Cd, fuel tank, or engine displacement. There were true comparisons made against the G35 on other areas where the IS has an advantage.
Old 10-01-05, 10:15 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by enigma354
...And it's marketing, not marking..
Thanks for catching the typo. You're still a retartd!
Old 10-01-05, 06:50 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a retard too. I wasn't looking at the pdf if continuous facing mode, so on mine it showed the A4 comparisions advantages beside the G35.

There are still a few mistakes (turning radius, saying "not available" on G's driver programmable shift warning light, aluminium pedals, putting "not available" on VDIM (g has VDC)) "not available" under DRL), and a couple fudges (trunk size in the G is stated with full size spare, without it it's 2 cubic feet larger than the IS's).

Oh well, no matter. I got an e-mail that said I get to go check them out on the 14th, so now I am really excited.
Old 10-01-05, 09:03 PM
bartkat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for catching the typo. You're still a retartd!
WTF?
Old 10-02-05, 12:33 AM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hans007
...but definitely there some issues with that comparo, especially since a lot of those optional features are standard on a g35 and optional on an is350 (heated seats, ventilated seats, leather, etc)
Ventilated seats are not even an option on the G (unfortunately).
Old 10-02-05, 07:18 AM
pelucidor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by picus
There are still a few mistakes (turning radius, saying "not available" on G's driver programmable shift warning light, aluminium pedals, putting "not available" on VDIM (g has VDC)) "not available" under DRL), and a couple fudges (trunk size in the G is stated with full size spare, without it it's 2 cubic feet larger than the IS's).
I have a 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT (loaded with NAV, Sport, Aero etc - every possible available option - had to custom order it from Japan and wait 3 months as most regular 6MTs are pretty basic). It does not have DRL, shift warning light, aluminium pedals or VDIM (BTW saying VDC is as good as VDIM is like saying drum brakes are as good as disc brakes). Are you saying all these appear on later models of the G35 Sedan?
Old 10-02-05, 08:54 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pelucidor
I have a 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT (loaded with NAV, Sport, Aero etc - every possible available option - had to custom order it from Japan and wait 3 months as most regular 6MTs are pretty basic). It does not have DRL, shift warning light, aluminium pedals or VDIM (BTW saying VDC is as good as VDIM is like saying drum brakes are as good as disc brakes). Are you saying all these appear on later models of the G35 Sedan?
All '05 6MT's have a driver adjustable upshift light. DRL is an option afaik, and is standard on Canadian cars (its law in Canada). I could look into the aluminium pedals - mine came with them, I suppose the dealer may have put them on, but they're OEM.

As for VDIM and VDC, which is better is highly subjective. VDIM is definitely more proactive and offers better safety, but it's also more intrusive, can't be turned off and could hinder handling. That's a subject for an entirely different thread, though. I suppose as a method of safety listing VDIM as an advantage and saying the G doesn't have VDIM is technically correct. This isn't an Infiniti brochure, afterall.

Either way, I am not knocking the brochure. My original posts were obviously mistaken because I didn't have the pdf in the correct format - but there are still little fudges and mistakes. Oh and don't sweat not having the rev light, it's annoying anyway.

Last edited by picus; 10-02-05 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-08-05, 07:02 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by MR LEX
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here is a link to a new 60-page IS350/250 brochure in PDF format!

Tons of photos, full specs and lots of other details. Enjoy!!

Note: This is a confidential dealer training brochure that will NOT be available to the general public.
These brochures are available at the dealer now. I picked one up today.
Old 10-08-05, 07:37 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These brochures are available at the dealer now. I picked one up today.
My dealer had one in his hand...but he didn't give it to me. But then again, I don't need it.

BTW, is it printer version identical to the pdf? Because those guys acted like they had not seen my material (the pdf) before today (tho maybe it's still new to them).
Old 10-08-05, 07:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
My dealer had one in his hand...but he didn't give it to me. But then again, I don't need it.

BTW, is it printer version identical to the pdf? Because those guys acted like they had not seen my material (the pdf) before today (tho maybe it's still new to them).
It's the same.
Old 06-19-14, 03:05 PM
yukky
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to dig this thread up from the dead, but does anyone have this file anymore? The original link is dead.
Old 06-19-14, 03:30 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The link does not work??? I want to see this PDF lol
Old 06-21-14, 05:41 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brochure

Originally Posted by FSportIS
The link does not work??? I want to see this PDF lol
You know I heard of this product that just came out. Its incredible. It search's the whole of the Internet for things you are looking for. Not to many people know about it. So I will let you in on the secret.

www.google.com

http://blog.lexusofreno.com/wp-conte...S-Brochure.pdf