IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Saw my first 2IS commercial

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-05, 03:33 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down Saw my first 2IS commercial

Lexus usually has some awesome commercials but this one gets the .
The IS is in a forest, 350, in the matador red. There is a woman and man moving around in all sorts of ways.
"the 306hp IS 350, dont' get stuck in one dimension" or something like that.

And is scoots off.

I won't name the cars, but there aer some pretty lame ones doing 360s and drifting and figure eights etc, even though they are not sporty, they SEEM that way cause of marketing

Lexus, tighten up. This ad was Show the IS zooming past ALL the competiton. Get some *****. Remember the ad with the GS out accelerating the 540 and E430 then braking at the cliff and the others fell off.

SOmething of that nature.
Old 09-28-05, 03:41 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you remember the channel it was on?
Old 09-28-05, 04:11 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is one ad campaign Lexus cannot afford to miss...I think Lexus should somehow recapture the fantastic presence they had in past campaigns...for "luxe" of course the emphasis can be on technical marvels, e.g. the original LS and current LS campaigns... For "sport" the second GS campaign "something wicked" comes to mind, plus the current GS spots. I hope Lexus showcases the sleek lines of the new IS, and its sportiness.

From these 2 mag advertisements, I think the top one ('dimensions') is a bit too abstract and doesn't capture the car's uniqueness. The 'dimensions' bit is overdone. The bottom one showcases the beautiful CAR and I hope more ads like that follow.
Attached Thumbnails Saw my first 2IS commercial-is-ads2.jpg  
Old 09-28-05, 05:20 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boo, yeah that sounds bad. how dissapointing. oh well, hopefully they will kick the marketing department in the rear and get back to the good commercials.
Old 09-28-05, 10:16 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

THey have commercials out already.....dam i wanna see
Old 09-29-05, 08:54 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Phillip31
THey have commercials out already.....dam i wanna see
I just wanna touch it at this point
Old 09-29-05, 12:25 PM
IS JOE
Rookie

I've never been very big fan of Lexus marketing for the IS (remember the "Radically different" campaign anyone?)

Their ads for the LS way back when were awesome with the champagne glasses on the hood, the waterfall and the violin player, the ball bearing rolling allong the seams of the car...

The GS commercial with the driver getting his brains smashed to the back of his skull was funny.

But for the IS, the ads are WAY too mellow. When i see comercials for BMW, subaru, honda etc, they always have the car blasting down a windy road with the engine screaming. That kind of stuff gets my heart pumping, and gets me excited about the car. Most of the IS ads have not been like that, which is very disappointing to me. My favorite IS commercial is probably the one where they show teh team lexus IS and superimpose it onto an IS driving in a city. But even that one, the engine sound was muted, and that same old announcer was talking over the entire comercial

By the way, there is a new 350Z commercial out. I saw it a couple of nights ago. It was very simple. 350Z and deserted city streets. No cheesey music, nobody talking over the entire thing. It was just screaming down the streets, taking those 90 degree turns around those city blocks, engine roaring, you could see the power oversteer on some of those turns.... I swear to God, it was the middle of the night, but I half stood up to go to my garage and go for a drive before I came to my senses. It was that good. Lexus marketting... you need to make ads like that ^^^

EDIT: Ok, so I got myself all excited, typing about that Z commercial, so I went out and found it on the incredible intarweb: Z Video I lied, there is cheesey music , but I still hope to see commercials like this for the new IS

Last edited by IS JOE; 09-29-05 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-29-05, 12:36 PM
maz
Lead Lap

havent seen any commercials yet but check this IS movie out on the jp site http://lexus.jp/feel_lexus/journey/index.html
Old 09-29-05, 12:50 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this one, specially the motion when he just started the engine... cool.
Old 09-29-05, 01:42 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by maz
havent seen any commercials yet but check this IS movie out on the jp site http://lexus.jp/feel_lexus/journey/index.html
Cool thanks. I didn't notice the IS movie is already up. Very well done like the ones for the GS and SC.

The network connection is still too slow however. Have to wait for 10 secs of buffering time for each 5 seconds played.
Old 09-29-05, 02:13 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Cool thanks. I didn't notice the IS movie is already up. Very well done like the ones for the GS and SC.

The network connection is still too slow however. Have to wait for 10 secs of buffering time for each 5 seconds played.
Me too...but it was still a neat movie.

BTW, I saw my first IS newspaper full-page ad today...in the LA Times sports section!!! 'The IS 350...coming soon'!!!
Old 10-01-05, 01:05 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

I have the US commercial...trying to figure out how to chop it, convert it, and post it....shortly.
Old 10-01-05, 02:57 PM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by maz
What's with the Franch theme? You can't even get the 350 in France, right?
Old 10-01-05, 03:37 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by biker
What's with the Franch theme? You can't even get the 350 in France, right?
I believe the video was shot in France. See this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175018
Old 10-01-05, 04:11 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

The videos on the Jp site for the IS350 was done in in a good taste and as for the GS430 I felt kinda sleepy while watching it.

The Video with the 350Z zooming around city blocks was very interesting though the music in the video was surging my brain - I did eveything I could to keep my brain from exploding! (Remember that movie "Martians Invade" or something like that.)

Quick Reply: Saw my first 2IS commercial