Bob Carter was gay.
Old 09-30-05, 10:21 AM
GS3-03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suprabob
Bob Carter was gay.
X2

the whole chat session is a waste of time and effort, bob carter is not really going to release any new or updated information that is not already out there that can be search for.
the whole event is a PR attempt to generate more buzz for the up coming IS release.
Old 10-03-05, 11:10 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

The transcript is up...
http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat...hat092905.html
Old 10-03-05, 12:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3-03
X2

the whole chat session is a waste of time and effort, bob carter is not really going to release any new or updated information that is not already out there that can be search for.
the whole event is a PR attempt to generate more buzz for the up coming IS release.
and what exactly did you expect?

Actually, I dont think it was gay at all - I didnt know IS350 had fastest shifting automatic (another reason times are good?),

I dont think anyone knew that leather and moonroof were standard either (and included in the BASE price).

Lexus hired 3rd party testing firm that confirmed what CD said - IS350 is considerably faster 0-60than 5.6, more info will be available at launch. Certainly nobody knew that before.

Actually, lot of new info from chat, I thought it would be pretty weak
Old 10-04-05, 12:03 AM
Christian8
Pole Position

Someone thought that the rear looked like a hyundai sonata. i hoped that i wasnt the only that thought about that...anyone else think this is true?
Old 10-04-05, 07:50 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian8
Someone thought that the rear looked like a hyundai sonata. i hoped that i wasnt the only that thought about that...anyone else think this is true?
Most four doors look like every other four door out there.
Most two doors look like every other two door out there.
Unless if you have an exotic car or a Chysler, pretty much every car out there have similar characteristics to one another.

Lexus keeps their designs conservative, yet it stands out because they are (1) artistically aesthetic, (2) aerodymanically sleek, and (3) uniquely Lexus.

Yes, there are similarities between the IS350 to the Sonata and Corolla and Mazda3. They all have lights where they should be (and they all slant up and out). They all have big bumpers and exhaust pipes under them.

But are any of those cars artistically aesthetic, aerodynamically sleek, and uniquely Lexus? Absolutely not!!!
Old 10-04-05, 08:09 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
and what exactly did you expect?

Actually, I dont think it was gay at all - I didnt know IS350 had fastest shifting automatic (another reason times are good?),

I dont think anyone knew that leather and moonroof were standard either (and included in the BASE price).

Lexus hired 3rd party testing firm that confirmed what CD said - IS350 is considerably faster 0-60than 5.6, more info will be available at launch. Certainly nobody knew that before.

Actually, lot of new info from chat, I thought it would be pretty weak
No offense spwolf but most of the things that you've pointed out are minor pieces of information. I know that's a matter of opinion but you just put all that "new info" in 3 sentences that took 1 minute for me to read. If that's the only new information which came out of a 1 hour chat, then that's pretty weak. Plus most of us could have answered the majority of the questions just based on the information posted in this forum.

Here's what I expected.....I wanted more information about how they would typically come equipped from the factory and what dealer installed accessories/options would be available. I also wanted to know about future additions to the Lexus IS line like whether we could expect to see a coupe or convertible in the near future. I know it's highly unlikely that kind of information would be revealed in a chat.
Old 10-04-05, 11:12 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
No offense spwolf but most of the things that you've pointed out are minor pieces of information. I know that's a matter of opinion but you just put all that "new info" in 3 sentences that took 1 minute for me to read. If that's the only new information which came out of a 1 hour chat, then that's pretty weak. Plus most of us could have answered the majority of the questions just based on the information posted in this forum.

Here's what I expected.....I wanted more information about how they would typically come equipped from the factory and what dealer installed accessories/options would be available. I also wanted to know about future additions to the Lexus IS line like whether we could expect to see a coupe or convertible in the near future. I know it's highly unlikely that kind of information would be revealed in a chat.
fastest automatic in the world and 3rd party testing better than 5.6 is minor? Thats a lot more interesting than accessories which you already know (there are several threads about option packages and dealer accessories)... he also said leather and moonroof is base, so everyone will be equipped with that, from the factory.

And talking about future convertible would not be talking about IS250/IS350...
Old 10-04-05, 12:15 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
fastest automatic in the world and 3rd party testing better than 5.6 is minor? Thats a lot more interesting than accessories which you already know (there are several threads about option packages and dealer accessories)... he also said leather and moonroof is base, so everyone will be equipped with that, from the factory.

And talking about future convertible would not be talking about IS250/IS350...
Yes I consider them minor pieces of information. Whether it's 5.6 seconds or 5.4 seconds or whatever isn't going to change the fact that it's the fastest car in it's in class. And how do you verify that it's "the fastest automatic in the world"? Regardless, I guess you missed the point of my post. Those pieces of information can be given to us in a couple of minutes. If those are the only things we learned in a whole hour, then it was a waste of time.

Also, I know there are several threads about option packages but but up until AsianGirl007's thread , we didn't know how the typical IS250 and IS350 would be equipped coming from the factory. Her thread gave me more important information than Bob did in the live chat. Now I'll know what to expect to see when I goto a dealer. And as far as dealer accessories, it would have been nice to hear more about performance parts that dealer's would be offering. What if Bob had said the dealer would be able to install parts/accessories that would add an additional 50hp to the IS350 and it would all be covered under warranty...wouldn't that have been more interesting piece of information? I know I'm talking "what ifs" but you said that other information was "a lot more interesting than accessories" so I'm just giving an example of something which would have been very interesting to the performance enthusiasts looking to get the IS350.