Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
You mean this, right?
Whatchu talkin' about Willis?
Old 08-22-05, 10:21 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Dynamic Radar Cruise - How it works...

Dynamic Radar Cruise is not to be confused with Laser Cruise found in the LS430 & RX330.

Courtesy of: Lexus USA
Old 08-23-05, 01:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here are some videos to keep you guys occupied. Unfortunately there is no sound, but these are videos that Lexus provided us with to show. You may or may not have seen these already. Enjoy.

One of them is a Tungsten Pearl IS350 on a two-way back round the other is a Matador Red IS350 at Willow Springs doing a hot lap:

https://www.clublexus.com/videos/is_road.wmv
https://www.clublexus.com/videos/is_track.wmv
Old 08-23-05, 02:18 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here are some videos to keep you guys occupied. Unfortunately there is no sound, but these are videos that Lexus provided us with to show. You may or may not have seen these already. Enjoy.

One of them is a Tungsten Pearl IS350 on a two-way back round the other is a Matador Red IS350 at Willow Springs doing a hot lap:

https://www.clublexus.com/videos/is_road.wmv
https://www.clublexus.com/videos/is_track.wmv
That red IS owns!!
The Tungsten Pearl one we've already seen parts of it but not the whole thing either.

It's really too bad that there's no sound with them. Can't wait for your own video! Thanks for the work flip!
Old 10-11-05, 09:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Exclamation Lexus Announces Pricing on 2006 IS 250 and IS 350 Sport Sedans

10/11/2005 Torrance, CA

Lexus announced pricing today for the 2006 IS 250 and IS 350 luxury sport sedans. With contemporary, innovative styling, best-in-class luxury features and segment-leading performance, the all-new IS will also represent the best value in the near luxury automotive segment.

The new IS incorporates a number of standard features available only as options on many competitive vehicles, including leather-trimmed interior, power moonroof and SmartAccess with push-button start. In addition, driver and front passenger 10-way power seats are also standard on all IS models.

"The mission of the new IS was to be best in its class in terms of styling, performance and outstanding value," said Bob Carter, Lexus group vice president and general manager. "We improved upon a great car with significant enhancements in performance, fuel mileage, lower emissions and a level of luxury only found in a Lexus."

Manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) is $29,990 for the IS 250 rear-wheel drive with the six-speed manual transmission. The 2006 IS 250 includes $5,000 of additional standard equipment with only a $255 increase over the previous model. The IS 250 rear-wheel drive with six-speed sequential automatic transmission MSRP is $31,160 and includes Formula One-inspired steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The IS 250 all-wheel drive MSRP is $34,285 and, in addition to the above features, includes a perforated leather-trimmed interior upgrade with heated and ventilated front seats and wood trim.
The IS 350, the fastest sport sedan in the near luxury car segment, MSRP is $35,440. Its highly tuned 3.5-liter engine delivers a best-in-class 306 horsepower and 277 lb.-ft. of torque, resulting in the quickest zero-to-60 mph time of any competitor sport sedan.

The new IS exterior showcases additional standard features including projector beam headlamps, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, dual exhaust, LED tail lamps and brake lamps, and nighttime side-mirror puddle lamps that activate as you approach the car. Ten exterior colors are available and are matched with a choice of three interior colors.

The IS has an impressive lineup of standard interior features such as a 13-speaker premium audio system with an in-dash, six-disc CD changer and an auxiliary input for iPods or MP3 players, separate driver and passenger climate controls, HomeLink®, direct tire-pressure monitor, outboard rear-seat pretensioner seatbelts, steering wheel audio controls and Optitron gauges with personalized shift and speed settings.

Several innovations highlight the IS sport sedans' technical features. A new twin-chamber front-passenger airbag is designed to help manage impact energy by dispersing the impact of the accident between the head and shoulders. It is a part of the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) featuring eight standard airbags, including driver and front passenger knee airbags, front and rear side curtain airbags, front-seat-mounted side airbags and front passenger airbags.

The IS sport sedans' exceptional performance characteristics begin with two new direct-injection V6 power plants with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and dual exhaust. Mated to either a manual or automatic six-speed transmission, the 2.5-liter V6 shows considerable improvement in fuel economy versus the last generation IS 300. The robust 3.5-liter V6, mated to the sequential six-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission, carves out class-leading performance with a zero-to-60 time of 5.3 seconds.

The integration of these new technologies contributes to segment-leading efficiency with the IS 350 obtaining an EPA-estimated combined fuel consumption rating of 24 mpg (21 mpg city/28 mpg highway); the IS 250 coming in with an estimated combined 27 mpg (24 mpg city/32 mpg highway) for the automatic model and an estimated combined 23 mpg (20 mpg/29 mpg highway) for the manual transmission; and the IS 250 AWD attaining an estimated combined 25 mpg (22 mpg city/28 mpg highway). All 2006 IS models carry the EPA's Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV II) certification.

All IS models come standard with electronic vehicle stability control, a feature which helps prevent loss of traction in a turn. While the IS 250 features Lexus' sophisticated Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), the IS 350 comes standard with Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), one of the most advanced active safety systems in the world. Operating in a rapid, smooth fashion, VDIM is less overt than other stability-control systems, allowing the driver to approach the sport sedan's handling limits before it transparently applies subtle adjustments to the throttle, brake and steering system to help the driver maintain vehicle control.

The latest, most advanced Lexus Navigation System will be offered as an option in the new IS with a higher-resolution Video Graphics Array (VGA) screen. Sharper graphics with 3-D shadow effects compliment enhanced color definition and a 32,000-color palate. The new fifth-generation navigation system adds voice-recognition destination input, freeway exit-lane guidance and a route-trace capability. Spanish has been added to the voice-prompt feature along with English and French when the user selects their language preference at system start-up.
The all-new IS 250 and IS 350 will be in Lexus dealer showrooms on October 14.

Credit: Lexus USA
Old 10-13-05, 09:42 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Default Official information of the Mark Levinson system for the New IS information is up

It's not available from their homepage yet, but I found this by altering the URL.
http://marklevinsonlexus.com/overview.asp?model=is

Nothing new really, but at least it's a good place to look up official specs and info.
Old 10-13-05, 10:50 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
It's not available from their homepage yet, but I found this by altering the URL.
http://marklevinsonlexus.com/overview.asp?model=is

Nothing new really, but at least it's a good place to look up official specs and info.
says the subwoofer is 7.5 inches, not 8 as previously thought.
Old 10-14-05, 12:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by maz
Quoted verbatim from the website:

Inverted Subwoofer
-----------------------
A 20cm/ 8 in. inverted subwoofer provides the deepest base tones in the most efficient and compact manner. This highly rigid, yet lightweight structure is the optimal environment for the high-energy low frequency reproduction required of a subwoofer.
Old 10-14-05, 12:39 AM
cooney
Rookie

Your're right. Everything shows it as 200mm. But there is one place on the ML site where they refer to it as follows:
7.5-inch Inverted Woofer The newly designed neodymium subwoofer, . . .
Pretty clearly these are different speakers than the stock Pioneer-based setup, but the subwoofer and the front door-mounted speakers are the same sizes in the ML package.
Old 10-14-05, 12:55 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by maz
Originally Posted by cooney
[size=2]Everything shows it as 200mm.
Yep...the only reason for this confusion is that an inch as a length unit simply is grossly inaccurate!!! The subwoofer is really a 200mm/20cm one--not 8", not 7.5", but 20cm / 2.54 =~ 7.87"! So depending on how they decide to round it off it could be either.

For example, despite being listed as an 8" on the Mark Levinson/Lexus website, the subwoofer in the LS430 really has exactly the same size of 200mm/20cm. Check out the Celsior audio page on toyota.jp:
http://toyota.jp/celsior/navi-audio/audio/index.html
リヤデッキ20cmサブウーファー

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-14-05 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-03-05, 08:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Lexus to Race New IS 350 in the American LeMans Series in 2006

Also posted on our front page:
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/7489/1/10/

12/01/2005 Torrance, CA

Just six weeks after introducing the new IS 350 to the American market, Lexus announced today that it will enter the powerful luxury sport sedan in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) GT2 class in 2006 with a two-car team.

Under a new-for-2006 “S2” vehicle preparation standard, the IS 350 sedans will compete against established GT2 sports cars such as the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR and Panoz Esperante and race for the same prizes, points and championships. Several other S2-prep cars are expected for 2006 as well, including the BMW M3.

“The ALMS endurance road-racing series is the ideal place to showcase the technology and performance of our new IS 350,” said Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager Bob Carter. “We expect the competition to be very tough, but we are confident that the new IS 350 will be a formidable challenger.”

As with the previous generation IS, Lexus will team with its production car racing partner, Team Lexus, who will build, develop and campaign the new cars. After a successful four-year run in the Grand Am Cup series with two championships and numerous wins, pole positions and podium finishes, the team has already begun preparing the IS 350s for their new mission.

“Developing and racing two brand-new cars in a new category will be a major challenge, but one that we relish,” said Team Lexus owner/driver Chuck Goldsborough. “We’ve been building our team along with the new cars this year and are looking forward to some of the most exciting road racing in North America.”

The ALMS’ S2 standard creates opportunities for new competitors to enter the series that were previously unavailable. This opened the door for Lexus to enter the new IS in a series with international appeal, populated with premium car makers.

"The Lexus brand coming into the American Le Mans Series is as close to a natural fit as we could ever imagine,” said ALMS President Scott Atherton. “When anyone mentions Lexus, many of the same attributes that are associated with the American Le Mans Series come to mind - words like luxury, high performance, leading-edge technology, style and quality describe both brands.”

Lexus IS 350 Headed for ALMS

Although Team Lexus expects to begin racing early in the 2006 season, the specific timing will be based on vehicle build and development progress. Driver lineup for the two-car team will be announced at a later date.

Credit: Lexus Motorsports

www.lexus.com
www.teamlexus.com
www.americanlemans.com
Old 12-06-05, 06:24 AM
krs71
Rookie

stupid question........I'm seriously considering a IS 250 AWD, but I don't want to jump like I did for my bmw. After I purchased the bmw, a month later they introduced the 330ci, and boy was I pissed, is lexus going to do the same with the 250?
Old 12-15-05, 05:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by krs71
stupid question........I'm seriously considering a IS 250 AWD, but I don't want to jump like I did for my bmw. After I purchased the bmw, a month later they introduced the 330ci, and boy was I pissed, is lexus going to do the same with the 250?
We have not heard of any engine bumping for the IS 250
Old 12-16-05, 08:46 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by krs71
Would you be pissed if the annoucement comes a year or two later?

The annoucement will come - it's just a matter of when.
Old 12-18-05, 06:17 AM
krs71
Rookie

if it is a year from now, I don't mind that.......it's just that when I bought the BMW, it was 2 months later they had the 330 out....