IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NEW PICTURES...in person

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-05, 04:45 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Oh I thought you had a video from the "in person" photo session? Maybe you were talking about the video on Edmonds website, that is an awesome video there.
Old 08-06-05, 06:57 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I have those same license plate covers!!

I would really enjoy working for lexus getting to drive prototypes and such. I wonder if Lexus has any openings for Anesthesiologists?
Old 08-06-05, 09:47 PM
AndreCSS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Andre, the photographer. I do indeed have a low quality video of the worker driving the car onto thetransport truck ramp. It's low-quality, shows nothing new, and I have no hosting for videos, so I figured I wouldn't go through the headache of trying to post it. Feel free to ask me anything else. Keep in mind I had all of about 3 minutes with the car (during which it was shut off), so I missed quite a bit of subtle detail. I was disappointed by the sound of the engine, sounds about like my Rav4
Old 08-06-05, 11:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AndreCSS
This is Andre, the photographer. I do indeed have a low quality video of the worker driving the car onto thetransport truck ramp. It's low-quality, shows nothing new, and I have no hosting for videos, so I figured I wouldn't go through the headache of trying to post it. Feel free to ask me anything else. Keep in mind I had all of about 3 minutes with the car (during which it was shut off), so I missed quite a bit of subtle detail. I was disappointed by the sound of the engine, sounds about like my Rav4
Welcome to Clublexus and thanks for the pics
Old 08-07-05, 07:55 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Why don't you upload the video to YouSendit and post the link here so we can all see it. I for one would still like to view it unless it's totally unviewable.

Thanks for your input here on ClubLexus.
Old 08-07-05, 06:28 PM
actham
Driver School Candidate

Default Whats Going on in Austin??

Does anybody know what these cars will be up to in Austin? I'd sure like to bump into them somewhere...
Old 08-07-05, 08:20 PM
AndreCSS
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I have no clue where in Austin. This was at an expensive resort in the La Jolla area of San Diego, the area with the multimillion-dollar homes. If you can picture that type of place in Austin...
Old 08-07-05, 10:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

La Jolla is a very Lexus resort town!!! $$$
Old 08-07-05, 11:23 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

nice seeing you here ANDRE...i'm glad you joined...this is my kind of place
Old 08-07-05, 11:28 PM
biker
Lead Lap

So then we can say that the RAV4 sounds like the IS?

By next Jan they might indeed sound the same - the V6 out of the IS might find its way into the new RAV4.
Old 08-08-05, 02:07 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hate to tell you this but RX330 taillights have multireflectors to make it look like it has LED tails but it doesnt. It's powered by a regular bulb. Now the RX400h on the otherhand, those are true LED tail lights.
You generally have the inside scoop on everything, but in this case you are mistaken. The RX330 does indeed use a combination LED and 5W 168 center bulb. If you take a close look at the tail light you will see the connector going to the 5W bulb in the center, and also another connector going into a circuit board containing LEDs. If you take apart the tail light and peak inside you can see some of the clear surface mounted LEDs. Also, the tail light casing is stamped 5W near the 5W 168 bulb location, and LED near the LED circuit board connection. I have some pictures of all this in the RX330 section somewhere. I was only able to take a picture of the LED scribed on the casing, but not the actual LEDs itself because in order to see it you have to peak under the circuit board where the camera just can't see. A few magazine articles also mentioned the combination LED tail lights in some of their test reviws with the RX330 firt came out in 2003.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 08-08-05 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-08-05, 09:05 AM
AndreCSS
Driver School Candidate

I mentioned that on CSS too (sorry, I didn't bring it here)
Old 08-08-05, 09:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
You generally have the inside scoop on everything, but in this case you are mistaken. The RX330 does indeed use a combination LED and 5W 168 center bulb. If you take a close look at the tail light you will see the connector going to the 5W bulb in the center, and also another connector going into a circuit board containing LEDs. If you take apart the tail light and peak inside you can see some of the clear surface mounted LEDs. Also, the tail light casing is stamped 5W near the 5W 168 bulb location, and LED near the LED circuit board connection. I have some pictures of all this in the RX330 section somewhere. I was only able to take a picture of the LED scribed on the casing, but not the actual LEDs itself because in order to see it you have to peak under the circuit board where the camera just can't see. A few magazine articles also mentioned the combination LED tail lights in some of their test reviws with the RX330 firt came out in 2003.
Interesting. I will have to take it apart and check it out myself since I spend more time modding the IS.
Old 08-08-05, 10:39 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed

if you look at Lexus's website, they mention if they have LEDs under the safety paft...for example...look at the LS...

http://www.lexus.com/models/ls/specifications.html

but not on the RX330
http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/specifications.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-08-05, 10:53 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
if you look at Lexus's website, they mention if they have LEDs under the safety paft...for example...look at the LS...

http://www.lexus.com/models/ls/specifications.html

but not on the RX330
http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/specifications.html
Weird indeed that the official site isn't pointing this out, but there are quite a few RX330 reviews that have mentioned the LED taillights on the RX330. e.g.:
http://www.aicautosite.com/Reviews/2004-lexus-rx330.asp
http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E17002,00.html
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autosho...xus-rx330.html

It is true, however, that the RX400h gets a "different" set of LED taillights, ones that look more LED-looking than those on the RX330.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-08-05 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: NEW PICTURES...in person