IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone got a pre-order deal on one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-05, 08:22 AM
JesseWin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a pre-order deal on one yet?

Ive been trying to get some sort of deal (couple of grand off) any one had such luck? Im willing to go out of state to save this money? Also as far as exhausts go...VW/Audi has APR, Neuspeed...Volvo has Evolve. Who are the companys that make top notch stuff for lexus? B&B doesnt make anything for lexus as far as exhaust go and they dont want to. I want a company that makes a quality exhaust, I found that Remus does for the IS200...I want it to growl not sound like an oversized weed wacker.
Old 07-24-05, 09:41 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Borla, Greddy, HKS, JIC, Apexi

Welcome to CL
Old 07-24-05, 11:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

pre-order discount? I cant believe nobody thought of that before. You get model you want, color you want, goodies you want... you get it first and as a plus, you get an discount!!!
Old 07-24-05, 01:54 PM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Um, yeah

Highly doubt that you are going to get anything more than a few hundred dollars off one of these when they first come out, it anything at all. I'm pretty much sure that I'll be paying sticker for my 350 (not a penny above that though). I of course will try to get some sort of discount, but I'll be happy if I can even get floor mats for free from my dealership. Maybe they'll throw in an extended warranty or something if I push hard enough.

Plus, I'm sure that if I want one of the first month or two worth of cars, I'll probably be stuck paying for options that I didn't really want (like a navigation system), so I'll be spending more money on the car anyway. Of course if that is the only way they come equipped, maybe I'll be able to push the dealer for discount, since Lexus is then basically giving me no choice but to pay for things that I just plain do not want.

Of course if the car debuts to crappy sales, you should be able to get a discount within a few months. For some reason, I kind of doubt this though.
Old 07-27-05, 03:40 PM
ebsoria
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ratman009
Highly doubt that you are going to get anything more than a few hundred dollars off one of these when they first come out, it anything at all. I'm pretty much sure that I'll be paying sticker for my 350 (not a penny above that though). I of course will try to get some sort of discount, but I'll be happy if I can even get floor mats for free from my dealership. Maybe they'll throw in an extended warranty or something if I push hard enough.

Plus, I'm sure that if I want one of the first month or two worth of cars, I'll probably be stuck paying for options that I didn't really want (like a navigation system), so I'll be spending more money on the car anyway. Of course if that is the only way they come equipped, maybe I'll be able to push the dealer for discount, since Lexus is then basically giving me no choice but to pay for things that I just plain do not want.

Of course if the car debuts to crappy sales, you should be able to get a discount within a few months. For some reason, I kind of doubt this though.
Fllor mats will come as a "forced" option. So, those won't even be free.
Old 07-27-05, 03:50 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseWin
Ive been trying to get some sort of deal (couple of grand off) any one had such luck? Im willing to go out of state to save this money?
For the first few months, discounts will likely be hard to find (unless maybe you have an established relationship w/ a dealer). Until the hype dies down, you'll have to pay to play.
Old 07-28-05, 06:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking The deal I got...

Originally Posted by spwolf
pre-order discount? I cant believe nobody thought of that before. You get model you want, color you want, goodies you want... you get it first and as a plus, you get an discount!!!
Call me lucky...

I just placed my order for the 2006 IS350. I chose Breakwater Blue exterior with Black interior, Premium Luxury Plus Package (all that wood and power everything), 17" wheels (I plan to get 20" chrome later), Navigation, the Mark Levinson stereo system, Park Assist with Rear-View Camera. Opted out from having sunroof, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Cruise Control, and headlamp washers (not necessities in my book).

Unfortunately, they were not able to give me the price of this model. If I choose to back out of this deal when they release the prices, Toyota will charge me $500. However, the best part is that my father works for Toyota Corporate Headquarters in SoCal. I will get the car by November 15th, and I will get it at 10% BELOW dealer's cost!!! NICE!!!

If anyone knows of a better deal, you better spread the word. I suggest that everyone befriend a Toyota Corporate Employee soon! Good luck everyone!!!
Old 07-28-05, 07:29 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Call me lucky...

I just placed my order for the 2006 IS350. I chose Breakwater Blue exterior with Black interior, Premium Luxury Plus Package (all that wood and power everything), 17" wheels (I plan to get 20" chrome later), Navigation, the Mark Levinson stereo system, Park Assist with Rear-View Camera. Opted out from having sunroof, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Cruise Control, and headlamp washers (not necessities in my book).

Unfortunately, they were not able to give me the price of this model. If I choose to back out of this deal when they release the prices, Toyota will charge me $500. However, the best part is that my father works for Toyota Corporate Headquarters in SoCal. I will get the car by November 15th, and I will get it at 10% BELOW dealer's cost!!! NICE!!!

If anyone knows of a better deal, you better spread the word. I suggest that everyone befriend a Toyota Corporate Employee soon! Good luck everyone!!!

So you are paying 10% below the invoice??

Lucky you!

I will just have to wait unitl the hype goes down. even then, there's no way in hell i will get 10% below invoice. I guess i will have to find someone who works for toyota HQ and marry her?

BTW, welcome to CL and enjoy ur stay here.
Old 07-28-05, 10:01 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by DC52E55
BTW, welcome to CL and enjoy ur stay here.
Thanks. I'll keep you informed if I hear anything new from HQ. The prices should be released on 8/15/05. Production start date is set for 8/29/05, except for the manual which is on 9/22/05.

I know that the HQ has a couple of the models on display in the main lobby. I'll try to get pics the next time I go there.
Old 07-28-05, 11:02 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

can anyone walk into the HQ office?

is it the building right in front of 190th street across from the freeway entrance?
Old 07-28-05, 11:18 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
can anyone walk into the HQ office?

is it the building right in front of 190th street across from the freeway entrance?
That's the place.

You can't drive in (they'll ask if you have an appointment and confirm by calling the office), and I don't know if there is a guard in the entrance of the building. To tell you the truth, I don't know which building it is exactly, but its the one with a huge atrium, as per my dad.
Old 07-28-05, 11:38 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

That's the place.

You can't drive in (they'll ask if you have an appointment and confirm by calling the office), and I don't know if there is a guard in the entrance of the building. To tell you the truth, I don't know which building it is exactly, but its the one with a huge atrium, as per my dad.
i see...yea...then it is the building i am talking about...it is the only one with the LEXUS logo...where do you live in torrance?

how do you get an appointment?...what is the phone #?
Old 07-28-05, 11:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

where do you live in torrance?
I live in Anaheim. I called Toyota Motor Sales and spoke with Monica Calvillo. You can only make an appointment with her if you are an employee or a relative of one. My dad needed to be with me at the time of the appointment and vehicle order. Toyota Motor Sales is actually in another block beyond Western and 190th, not at that highly visible cluster of office buildings.
Old 07-29-05, 06:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

That's the place.

I've been inside that building with the Atrium before. Pretty cool looking place.
Old 07-29-05, 06:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

i see...yea...then it is the building i am talking about...it is the only one with the LEXUS logo...where do you live in torrance?

The one with the Lexus logo is Lexus National HQ...corner of 190th and Grammercy. That place has an awesome entryway and lobby. Not open to the public unless you have official business to attend to there.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a pre-order deal on one yet?