IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AWESOME vid I found - Location of AUX jack revealed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-05, 11:24 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Also worth noting are the HID high beams... I love bi-xenons.

I'm still not too sure we're seeing LED taillights or not though.

there are currently no Toyota cars that utilize a bi-xenon setup. because toyota vehicles (except the Tundra and Tacoma) have separate DRLs, Toyota uses standard halogen high-beams and single-xenon applications in their HID systems.
Old 07-10-05, 09:41 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controlling an iPod

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
I was under the impression that you would have some sort of control over the ipod - at least skipping through songs - via the stereo controls or steering wheel controls. if its just a mini plug, you cant do that - so it would be kind of a pain the **** to skip tracks if thats the case since my ipod would be buried in the glove box.....not that i won't buy the car just because of that!!! anyone have any info or thoughts on the subject?

Will the stereo display information (song, artist) from an MP3 player (iPod) connected to the AUX (mini plug).
Old 07-10-05, 12:13 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
there are currently no Toyota cars that utilize a bi-xenon setup. because toyota vehicles (except the Tundra and Tacoma) have separate DRLs, Toyota uses standard halogen high-beams and single-xenon applications in their HID systems.
Bi-xenon headlights do not use two separate HID bulbs, so there is still going to be a halogen bright light.

Bi-xenon lights operate just as regular HIDs, whenever you flash a car with yoru headlights, it uses the halogen brights to flash, instead of turning on HIDs(warm-up time, waste of bulb).
the halogen brights flash, and also come on when the brights are turned on. if you actually TURN on the bright headlights, the cutoff line in the regular beam is removed, and the HID now shines in a larger pattern upward.... does not use another bulb

so you saying separate DRLs means toyota can't use bi-xenon headlights is incorrect

btw, if i remember correctly, these will have bi-xenon option, along with adaptive headlights
Old 07-10-05, 09:14 PM
vipergtp
Driver School Candidate

Here, this video might help give a good example of Xeon lighting how it works and what the benefits are.

right click and save target as...
Bi-Xeon Light Video
Old 07-10-05, 11:21 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vipergtp
Here, this video might help give a good example of Xeon lighting how it works and what the benefits are.

right click and save target as...
Bi-Xeon Light Video

thast what i said right?

but good video to show how what i said looks as it actually works
Old 10-18-08, 10:03 PM
sdposton
Driver School Candidate

Default To EGAINER

Thanks Bud! I have been looking everywhere fro someone to explain what Bi-Xenon actually meant, This is an old post so you are years agead of me! Thanks again.
Old 10-21-08, 06:45 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

thanks

they have changed since that post in 05 though, my current car has bixenon with adaptive headlights and i no longer have a bright light that is halogen. my brights now flash with my HIDs and my car still has DRL's (which i have turned off)

the headlights still work the same way, with a single DS2 HID bulb, that has a cutoff blocking piece built into the projector. when i turn on my HIDs, the piece moves allowing larger spot of shine. they do not get brighter when i turn on brights. they just show more light.