IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus needs to reveal more info

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-05, 12:04 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, i agree with everyone here. the WAIT is just killing me.
Old 05-28-05, 09:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Patience is a virtue when it comes to $35k+ cars, I traded my one year old Acura CL-S for my 04 G35c & I shouldn't have bought the Acura in the first place but was lured by a friend who can get one for me below invoice, & I wanted to get back to a sports coupe with a manual transmission then. I regretted it soon after when I saw the then newly released G35 coupe which I love immediately except for it's cheap interior. A year later, I couldn't resist anymore & traded for the G35c despite the interior, but a year later they upgraded the G35c interior with real aluminium & better quality plastic . . . sigh, if I had been more patient & kept the Acura for one more year

If you plan to keep your car for a longer period of time, I suggest you wait & take more time to compare the choices you have more carefully before you jump into it.

I' ve sat in the new 3 series in the autoshow & I don't like it's interior at all, the exterior is OK compared with other Banglelised models but it's still a step back from the previous, the taillights are particularly ugly. Haven't seen the IS350 in person yet, but from pics alone, I think it blows away the new 3 inside & out. The only question is how does it drive compare to the new 3 series ?
Old 05-28-05, 01:56 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Patience is a virtue when it comes to $35k+ cars, I traded my one year old Acura CL-S for my 04 G35c & I shouldn't have bought the Acura in the first place but was lured by a friend who can get one for me below invoice, & I wanted to get back to a sports coupe with a manual transmission then. I regretted it soon after when I saw the then newly released G35 coupe which I love immediately except for it's cheap interior. A year later, I couldn't resist anymore & traded for the G35c despite the interior, but a year later they upgraded the G35c interior with real aluminium & better quality plastic . . . sigh, if I had been more patient & kept the Acura for one more year

If you plan to keep your car for a longer period of time, I suggest you wait & take more time to compare the choices you have more carefully before you jump into it.

I' ve sat in the new 3 series in the autoshow & I don't like it's interior at all, the exterior is OK compared with other Banglelised models but it's still a step back from the previous, the taillights are particularly ugly. Haven't seen the IS350 in person yet, but from pics alone, I think it blows away the new 3 inside & out. The only question is how does it drive compare to the new 3 series ?

Totally agree with not rushing a new car decision, usually rushing will result in being unhappy later. However, with regard to this topic....it's not that we can't wait for the car (what choice do we have really?) but it's more of Lexus being so secret about the "Specs".

The car has already debuted, we've seen more pics & video from Japan, so it's not like the public has not seen the car, unlike the huge leak by the E90 to the public before BMW ever officially released it. Lexus won't even confirm the specs? Why? Why it is such a secret when the car has already been made public? I just thought that Lexus would have been more concrete on what the specs are for the IS350 by now. Unless they plan a huge unvealing here in the US?

I would think everything has been cemented, they know the HP, price and all specs, soon the car should be going into production right, for it to be ready for Aug or Sept delivery. Why not just tell us? Or at least the people who registered for more info via website, I have not gotton any email yet on new info on IS.
Old 05-28-05, 04:28 PM
shoei
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
I will pass the info along shortly. Just stay tuned. We're doing this directly with Lexus Marketing.

OH man, I'm there! I live in Northern Cal, but I can be there with a quick plane flight into Long Beach airport! Please keep me informed!
Old 05-29-05, 01:26 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's worth the wait. If you're in SoCal...you might be invited to a special preview exclusive to CL members a few months before it's actual release in August. But you didn't hear that from me.
omgah, i REALLY need to get in on that. i love this car!!!
Old 05-29-05, 12:05 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

It's worth the wait. If you're in SoCal...you might be invited to a special preview exclusive to CL members a few months before it's actual release in August. But you didn't hear that from me.
Do u mean that the IS will be released in August or the special preview is in August?!?!?
Old 05-29-05, 03:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You think you guys have a wait. WHat about me...waiting for the IS coupe...if there really is going to be one....if it's going to be big and roomy enough inside for me. Talk about torture.
Old 05-29-05, 05:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Do u mean that the IS will be released in August or the special preview is in August?!?!?
The new IS will be released in August. CL members will see it in person before hand. Hence if you read my post carefully it says.....special preview BEFORE the August release.
Old 05-29-05, 08:18 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

The new IS will be released in August. CL members will see it in person before hand. Hence if you read my post carefully it says.....special preview BEFORE the August release.
Oh ok thanks.....thats wat i thought but everyone was sayin that it will be released around Octoberish
Old 05-29-05, 11:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK this is now the hottest thread on CL...seriously.
Old 05-30-05, 12:55 AM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Wink August ???

Flip: Is that official ? I'd be surprised, but happy as well. Do you suppose Lexus will release some additional info by July or do we have to wait till August ? I'd appreciate your response, assuming you ain't leaking anything you are not supposed to
Old 05-30-05, 07:09 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Yeah for those who don't live in Cali, I am expecting pics here so don't forget to bring your camera.
Old 05-30-05, 07:19 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
PAtience young Jedi........

Impatience, the Dark Side way it is....
Agreed! Use the Force!
Old 05-30-05, 04:04 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

you mean it would start sales in August or be shown completly, including pricing?

Somehow it makes no sense for it to start selling sooner in the US than in Japan, where they will be launching it 1 month after their lexus line launch (which is 30th of August), and their Lexus JP launch would be much more effective with new IS being released at the same time.
Old 05-30-05, 04:42 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
you mean it would start sales in August or be shown completly, including pricing?

Somehow it makes no sense for it to start selling sooner in the US than in Japan, where they will be launching it 1 month after their lexus line launch (which is 30th of August), and their Lexus JP launch would be much more effective with new IS being released at the same time.
August release special preview before then. That's all i'm going to say. Speculate and elaborate as you guys wish.

Quick Reply: Lexus needs to reveal more info