IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is this the new 2006 IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 10:26 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zor Prime
These were posted on .net.. yesterday and as most people agree this is the best spyshot yet. A few who work for lexus and have seen the video have confirmed that this is what it looked like. The front looks like the GS a little bit and the rear looks like all the chops floating around..me personally I think this is it boys and girls...
Yes, that is the closest picture I've seen so far. Good find.
Old 02-12-05, 10:44 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Guys...no offense but why bother with all this speculation? When the facts come out and it is revealed in geneva, then we can talk about it. Pictures - talks, guesses, theories - are simply not FACTS. Just wait. Besides, some of the pictures of the new GS that were "out" A VERY LONG TIME AGO and the car now doesnt look a dam thing liek those car pictures and drawings. so my suggestion is - dont speculate and hypothesize about a vehicle like this.

The facts of this car are simple - and what i DO know that i can share...that others also know is VERY few ppl in lexus have seen it...yes even some lexus assocaites dont knwo what it looks like...It has the similar style lines (body style look) of the new GS and about 3/4 the size of the third generation GS model, and it has a lot of styling fromt he LF-C. It is going to be a great compact sports sedan.

When it actually is revealed in geneva in a few weeks...then you can say whatever you want.
Old 02-12-05, 03:00 PM
LsRxLs
Driver School Candidate

Default wowzersss!!

man if thats the new is or at least near final design of it,man ill buy 1 for everyday of the week and ditch my wife,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!(id be broke too)
Old 02-12-05, 04:34 PM
RohithT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akbergq
Guys...no offense but why bother with all this speculation?
Because it's fun to speculate.
Old 02-12-05, 04:39 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by RohithT
Because it's fun to speculate.
Old 02-12-05, 05:06 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate! speculate!

honestly though- it helps fish out little tidbits of information that others may know and makes people wonder what's possible and what's new.

i speculate all the time - people who tend to plan tend to speculate about the future. i speculate for my company.

i'd like to find out if the car has a fold down rear seat.

the IS is the entry level lexus. it's aimed at the younger crowd and the younger crowd tends to want to do stuff that the older crowd doesn't - like going camping but sleeping in their car, buying large pieces of wood to make furniture in their dorm rooms, holding ski's in the back, giving their pets a larger area to hang out and lounge around when they take their pets for a ride...

so there i go again- speculating...

c.
Old 02-12-05, 06:08 PM
Mind18
Driver

Default Why..

Uggh...why can't Lexus ever take a risk in design. Both the new IS and GS of course will still sell well, because Lexus' brand power is growing as well as them being world class cars, but I'm starting to get tired of being disappointed in their designs? Anyone else feel the same? I probably would still buy one if I had the money, but I haven't been moved by a Lexus design in a long time (current GS design was the last time)..not including the LF concept vehicles which I loved..oh well
Old 02-12-05, 06:40 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Originally Posted by Mind18
I'm starting to get tired of being disappointed in their designs? Anyone else feel the same?
Yes!!! I feel like lexus went the COMLETLY wrong direction with there new models. They shouldn't have to grow on you, you should be able to look at them and be like "damn!" Like the new CLS, I hate Mercedes but that car is just hot!! I know the realiabitly and build quality is horrific and i'd always end up with the Lexus but I want a car that I don't have to settle for, I want a car I can love and say "I like it much more then the _______"

...Oh Lexus
Old 02-13-05, 09:57 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks nice, it's by no means an ugly car but I'm just not feeling it. I believe Lexus is going with the designs that will appeal to the widest audience. It's certainly not going to offend anyone with that design. It's conservative yet "stylish" enough to appeal to both long-time Lexus buyers and first-time luxury buyers. Personally, I don't think the next generation IS is in my future.
Old 02-13-05, 10:05 AM
dolesun
Rookie

Altezza Atenza

Last edited by dolesun; 02-18-05 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-13-05, 11:39 AM
Mind18
Driver

Originally Posted by SDLexus
It looks nice, it's by no means an ugly car but I'm just not feeling it. I believe Lexus is going with the designs that will appeal to the widest audience. It's certainly not going to offend anyone with that design. It's conservative yet "stylish" enough to appeal to both long-time Lexus buyers and first-time luxury buyers. Personally, I don't think the next generation IS is in my future.
You captured what I was thinking exactly....I just wish they would add more "sex appeal" to their vehicles and be a little more edgy. This isn't the route you want to take of course if you only care about "volumes", but i thought they are trying to get away from volume? The way I look at it, as overly simplified as it may be, to be an attractive vehicle you can be handsome or sexy. For the latter, more risk is involved and you can produce polar designs. But I think that is what separates the players from the movers.....at least in terms of brand image, etc... At least for me, previous BMWs have always been handsome to me. But now, and be nice, I think their vehicles are stunning. And sales have been good if not better, so I can't be the only one who thinks this, because people aren't buying BMWs for their reliability Just my two cents..
Old 02-14-05, 06:27 PM
shoei
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's close to that but not exact. The tails are a tad larger and square for the actual car.

Thanks for giving your input. I feel much better about the rear being larger and having a square
shape. I for one am just as excited as the next IS3 owner/admirer.

I think all this excitment and apprehension about the new generation IS3 stems from the fact that most owners/admirer want the IS3 to do well in the market place (as does Lexus) and propel the IS3 into next level that is deserves.

I think the IS3 is the underdog when you compare it to the standard of the BMW 3, Mercedes C
and the Audi A4. So let's all root for the underdog as it goes out into the world and competes with Europe's best !

Go IS3.....Go IS3......Go IS3 WHOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-05, 08:09 PM
gLassDanSE
Driver School Candidate

its a dead ringer for the scion tc.... personally the is300 is alot better looking.
Old 02-14-05, 08:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by shoei
Thanks for giving your input. I feel much better about the rear being larger and having a square
shape. I for one am just as excited as the next IS3 owner/admirer.

I think all this excitment and apprehension about the new generation IS3 stems from the fact that most owners/admirer want the IS3 to do well in the market place (as does Lexus) and propel the IS3 into next level that is deserves.

I think the IS3 is the underdog when you compare it to the standard of the BMW 3, Mercedes C
and the Audi A4. So let's all root for the underdog as it goes out into the world and competes with Europe's best !

Go IS3.....Go IS3......Go IS3 WHOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!

Yeah the new IS may not seem promising to current IS owners, but it is promising to many non IS owners.
Old 02-14-05, 11:27 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

From what I see now, the front is not bad. The sides can be more aggressively styled without that "Neon" lip at the top of the rear door. The back is so disappointing (except for the dual exhausts). I think it's the taillights. Like the LED? turn signals, but those red ovals have to go; it's seen on too many cars ever since it came out on the IS

I'm hoping the production model is tweaked a little... I was anticipating buying the new IS... for some reason, the C-class has caught my eye!?!

Quick Reply: Is this the new 2006 IS350?