IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-12, 07:05 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read this when I first got on Club Lexus, and just recently re read the whole thing, this is the exact and right way to build a car, no cut corners and everything done right !
Old 10-25-13, 08:34 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Default Reppin 1st GEN IS @ SEMA !

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted and again I thank everyone for their kind words.

I have a very special announcment to make so I thought sharing it on this thread would be appropriate.

As some of you may know there was a competiton to design a 2014 IS concept car in which the winner was Rob Evans. His design is currently in the completion stages of being built by VIP Auto Salon and it will be unveiled at the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas.

This must truly be a dream come true for Rob and I congratulate him on his accomplishment.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/10/0...port-for-sema/

My build has always been about how a female would want a car to be built and with the help of my husband RMMGS4, I have my dream come true.

It's been 9 years since I bought my IS and throughout that time I have attended a ton of meets, met a lot of nice people and continue to show the car locally at events in the NorCal region. I have made friends all over the country and every once in a while I get stopped by someone who recognizes my car.

My build has never been intended to be a serious show car and there are certainly a lot of very HOT IS builds out there, but I guess fate has given "My IS Story" a new chapter for 2013.

The theme of the Lexus Display for SEMA 2013 is not only to unveil the 2013 IS Design contest winning design, but it is also to display the IS generations which depicts how trends and styles have evolved throughout the years. In keeping with that theme, Lexus was looking for a 1st and 2nd gen IS that represented modding trends for the time period. I guess I'm lucky that my car has remained essentially the same since 2004. and so with that said, my car was chosen to be displayed along side a 2nd Gen IS350 and the 2014 IS Build at the Lexus booth for SEMA 2013 this coming November !

I will update this thread as the countdown to SEMA begins and My IS Story continues.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 10-25-13 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-25-13, 08:35 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

As part of the Theme of the IS Display, Lexus wanted a black and white color theme. Both 1st and 2nd Gen IS in matte black and the 2014 IS in matte white.

As much as I love my Indigo Ink Pearl Blue, I was ok with having the car vinyl wrapped in matte black. I will probably leave it on after SEMA with the knowlege that I can remove it when i miss my Blue.

Day 1: Here's the car partially dis-assembled and getting ready to head to the vinyl shop on Saturday and work starts on Monday.

Day 6: The wrap is about halfway done here.

More pieces waiting to be covered.

Day 7: The car was picked up and ready to get back home for re-assembly.

You can see Shareef, the owner of SSCustoms, perform some finishing touches.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 10-25-13 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-25-13, 08:36 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Stay Tuned for more updates on the re-build

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 10-25-13 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 02:09 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Lookin good. Been a while
Old 10-29-13, 04:34 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by konaboi808
Lookin good. Been a while
Thanks !

The car has been shipped to LA for a photo shoot then off to Vegas.

I'll be at SEMA a week from today, so I'm excited to see how the display will look.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 10-29-13 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 04:46 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

wow your cars been through a lot! glad to see you are still updating your build thread
Old 11-01-13, 05:25 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
wow your cars been through a lot! glad to see you are still updating your build thread
Thanks for following.

Here's the press Release that came out yesterday of all the vehicles that Lexus is displaying.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...s350+debut.htm

The pics taken in the Viaduct at the 6th street bridge in LA came out so nice, I could almost say the pics look better than real life.

My next post will be from Vegas. I don't even know how the car will be displayed, but will surely be happy and grateful to Clark at VIP Auto Salon and Lexus Corp for this opportunity.

Old 11-02-13, 11:02 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm soo glad I was able to stumble upon this thread. It's amazing. I never would have thought that this would go this far. congrats on ur accomplishment. You guys have worked long and hard.

......now where do I find a girl that loves modding cars like me lol.

INDGOGRL, do u have any sisters that love modding cars like u that are around the age of 19-24. Lol
Old 11-03-13, 05:18 AM
jeepney
Driver School Candidate

hotness! great job guys…
Old 11-03-13, 11:15 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

The pics come out clean
Old 11-04-13, 11:33 AM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigwes
I'm soo glad I was able to stumble upon this thread. It's amazing. I never would have thought that this would go this far. congrats on ur accomplishment. You guys have worked long and hard.
LoL

I'm at the airport and flying out to Las Vegas soon. I never imagined it would go this far as well. We take the car to local shows and meets for fun and we have met a lot of great people that we have come to know throughout the years, but there was no effort to make the car show worthy and the thought that I would be showing at SEMA is still unreal. Still thinking about how this happened with ALL the other nice 1IS out there !

Originally Posted by bigwes
......now where do I find a girl that loves modding cars like me lol.

INDGOGRL, do u have any sisters that love modding cars like u that are around the age of 19-24. Lol

LoL I had a long honeydoo list for my Husband. All mods ! I still have some on the list after SEMA as well.

My daughter is 19 and she has a modded car as well, that she shows and has won a few trophies already. My husband works on her car, but she has done some of the engine work herself and has aspirations to work possibly in the automotive industry once she gets her Mechanical Engineering degree. We keep it all in the family.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 11-09-13 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-04-13, 11:41 AM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jeepney
hotness! great job guys…
Thanks !

Originally Posted by konaboi808
The pics come out clean
I can't believe how clean the professional photos came out and the location at the 6th street bridge viaduct in LA is epic.

These will be my screen savers now.
Old 11-09-13, 04:15 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

We just came back from SEMA.

I want to thank everyone I met for their kind words and all the support from my Facebook friends as well.

Special thanks to SSCustoms in Redwood City for completing the Vinyl Wrap with the critical time crunch.

I am forever indebted to Lexus Corp for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 11-09-13 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-09-13, 08:55 PM
mIS
Rookie

Hats off to you. Car looks great!

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1