IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Did someone say IS V300!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 12:17 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
Can anyone out here in Cali do that same swap?
Here in NorCal, I only know of Nomura that has successfully performed this swap with ease. Down in SoCal there are plenty of reputable tuning shops; XS engineering, etc. W.O.T.M. is on the outskirts of Cali.. somewhere in Nevada.. they do a lot of Supra Tuning. Other companies that come to mind are Powerhouse Racing in Texas, Sound Performance in Chicago, Toyomoto, Peter Farrel, and Titan Motorsports all over in the East coast.
Old 10-15-03, 02:41 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

why so much animosity... for heaven sakes, it's just a car! "IS V300" formerly "DADALI" was also banned for reasons unknown.
Sensei

IS300GTEModeratorJoined: Oct 29, 2000Posts: 9209From: US Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:00 am

DADALI wrote:
thanks GTE, you tried to help me out with some questions i asked before, but all the answered I got from you was telling me not to do it. it's a pain for me.. and IF I took your suggestion from what you said about the VVTI is not good then why did i still choose that engine with VVTI, so what do you mean" copy work"

IS300GTE wrote:
i won't help you out with questions, or give you the detailed pictures you asked me for of how i did things, including the motor mounts, etc etc, or detailed pictures of the driveshaft as well. do i need to cut and paste the private messages. you're sensei, whom i assume is bruce normora, is a ****ing moron, but whats worse, is that he is a cocky ****ing moron, so anyone that can see what a moron he is astounded by how arrogant he is about his own stupidity. you and sensei are copycats you bite off my work and are my *****es because of that -- ownt!
(editxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx… (edit)
its obvious you are all chapped up about not being first, tough ***** -gte (innovator or your daddy, you choose)_________________1st 2jzgte/6speed swapI'm the reason that there's no original! ALTEZZAs buy the whole car, not just the taillights Upholder of the First Ammendment

Last edited by Choritsu-shi; 10-15-03 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-15-03, 09:48 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

so.. anyways, if u need help finding a tuner, feel free to PM or email me. That's it.
Old 10-16-03, 07:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by solo
Here in NorCal, I only know of Nomura that has successfully performed this swap with ease.
If I was ready for that swap...i'd definitely make the drive up to NorCal for Bruce's work.
Old 10-17-03, 08:13 PM
Quick01
Driver School Candidate

wow! thats all i can say... WOW

Old 10-17-03, 08:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can fit all that into an IS, there should be plenty of room in a GS, right?
Old 11-06-03, 09:28 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

How did you accomplish this sweet swap in the People's Republic of California? Specifically, California Air Resources Board (CARB)? CARB is not friendly to additions or upgrades of FMIC, bov, downpipe, cats, custom intake. Can you please shed some light on these question or am I asking questions you can not answer in our forum.?

I am in awe of the work done on the car. I have a SC300 and would like to put the JDM gte in next year. I am running into all kinds of conflicting information.

All respect due here to Bruce, there are at least three or four other shops in northern california/central valley that have done high quality (maybe not show car, but good work) successful n/a - gte swaps into Supras. You need to go to SupraForums and do searches there. Remember, the Supra has been running the gte engine for years, there is a vast well of information on the gte engine and swaps in that forum; search and you will find.

Do you lucky people living everywhere else in the country have any freaking idea how hard it is to modify a car in this state and keep it legally on the road (vs impounded)??
Old 11-07-03, 12:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by SCoupe
How did you accomplish this sweet swap in the People's Republic of California? Specifically, California Air Resources Board (CARB)? CARB is not friendly to additions or upgrades of FMIC, bov, downpipe, cats, custom intake. Can you please shed some light on these question or am I asking questions you can not answer in our forum.?

I am in awe of the work done on the car. I have a SC300 and would like to put the JDM gte in next year. I am running into all kinds of conflicting information.

All respect due here to Bruce, there are at least three or four other shops in northern california/central valley that have done high quality (maybe not show car, but good work) successful n/a - gte swaps into Supras. You need to go to SupraForums and do searches there. Remember, the Supra has been running the gte engine for years, there is a vast well of information on the gte engine and swaps in that forum; search and you will find.

Do you lucky people living everywhere else in the country have any freaking idea how hard it is to modify a car in this state and keep it legally on the road (vs impounded)??
man, when you do these kind of swap, you will need to start knowing people. the car won't be carb legal anymore, it's going to be so tough
Old 11-07-03, 04:11 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Understood
Old 11-07-03, 05:30 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Understood
Hey, I met u earlier today outside Peter's Cafe. Looks like ur answers have been answer by my good friend Rominl. Feel free to contact Bruce when u get a chance. He is a busy man... that's all I gotta say.
Old 11-14-03, 04:17 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Solo,
Great ride you've got there. The potential of this swap has me salivating, just wondering how to pull it off and stay just "legal" enough between inspections. Keep us posted if you go this route . - David

Old 11-14-03, 04:56 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Thanks Solo,
Great ride you've got there. The potential of this swap has me salivating, just wondering how to pull it off and stay just "legal" enough between inspections. Keep us posted if you go this route . - David

Give Bruce Nomura a call. Im sure he can better answer your questions: 209.830.6070.

sL
Old 12-07-03, 07:48 PM
djo715
Driver School Candidate

That is one really nice sleeper, Bruce...
Any GSV300s coming soon?

Cheers,
-Darryl
Old 12-08-03, 12:24 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by djo715
That is one really nice sleeper, Bruce...
Any GSV300s coming soon?

Cheers,
-Darryl
Good question!!!
Old 12-08-03, 10:07 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Congrats bro... Looks so clean.... Congrats again.....

o3 solar IS

Quick Reply: Did someone say IS V300!!