IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Quebec Police Kick Hellaflush IS 300 Out of the Province

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-15, 12:25 PM
Moeferd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quebec Police Kick Hellaflush IS 300 Out of the Province

The owner of this Lexus IS 300 was on his way to the Low Level car show when he was stopped by police for violating regulations against stanced and flush cars.

Read the rest on the Club Lexus homepage. >>
Old 05-14-15, 02:05 PM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So wrong to have a law with stance cars in any part of the world. It's a lifestyle and passion to some car enthusiast, moreover it's a way to express their personality, dedication and hard work.

Because the government took their lifestyle/passion away. Now the kids in Quebec will turn to drugs, gangs and committing crime. Good job Quebec!!
Old 05-14-15, 02:53 PM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol and he's wearing an "Obey" shirt..
Old 05-14-15, 05:00 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyramid
So wrong to have a law with stance cars in any part of the world. It's a lifestyle and passion to some car enthusiast, moreover it's a way to express their personality, dedication and hard work.

Because the government took their lifestyle/passion away. Now the kids in Quebec will turn to drugs, gangs and committing crime. Good job Quebec!!
I think every state in Yankee land has highway traffic safety regulation on ground clearance and tire clearance to fenders. Some states enforce more than others, and some only enforce when they pile on the tickets when stopping for other offences. heck, DOT has so many regulations regarding lights that complying with them would mean half the sponsors of this board would be out of business.

To the original author of the article, he needs to learn the difference between Canada, the country and Quebec and Ontario that are . provinces of the same country.

Last edited by My0gr81; 05-14-15 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-14-15, 06:51 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So what's the threshold? It doesn't seem *that* extreme. The camber doesn't look that crazy, for one. There is a lack of sidewall on the tops, I guess.
Old 05-15-15, 02:17 AM
detluv313
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Another case of we (THE POLICE) dont have anything better to do, FIGHT THE POWER!!!!
Old 05-15-15, 03:27 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

"Yo. All my Lexus homies that rock that #StanceLyfe, you best be staying the hell out of Quebec, Canada. They ain’t ‘bout dat lyfe, and just the other day they straight up kicked an IS 300 out of the province for being too Hellaflush. And dude was on his way to a car show too. How messed up is dat?!

For realz, doe. If you rock the camber and stretch dem tires, you need to watch out for those Canadian Po-Po. They will straight up wreck your day like a fool."

What's more messed up than what happened is the manner in which this post was written. It has to be more work to write in "stupid" than it does to write in "English". Good luck to this dying planet.
Old 05-15-15, 08:20 AM
RUCKER
Rookie

I think the author was just trying to get the point across that if you are about that VIP stance life, you probably talk like that. They're probably all in gangs, and the stance life is like a gang within a gang.

So he was talking to them to let them know that they're under attack and to rally the troops. It's the only way he knew how to communicate and get that point through to those people.

He was just trying to keep it as they say.. "100."
Old 05-15-15, 10:28 AM
blkaltezza
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Compthis
"Yo. All my Lexus homies that rock that #StanceLyfe, you best be staying the hell out of Quebec, Canada. They ain’t ‘bout dat lyfe, and just the other day they straight up kicked an IS 300 out of the province for being too Hellaflush. And dude was on his way to a car show too. How messed up is dat?!

For realz, doe. If you rock the camber and stretch dem tires, you need to watch out for those Canadian Po-Po. They will straight up wreck your day like a fool."

What's more messed up than what happened is the manner in which this post was written. It has to be more work to write in "stupid" than it does to write in "English". Good luck to this dying planet.
Ok, I just can’t keep that up anymore.

The story is a simple one. Quebec warned owners of stanced and flush cars that they felt the cars were unsafe, and there are regulations against them. The owner of the Lexus was on his way to the Low Level car show when he was stopped by police. After his stretched tires were deemed against the regulations he was given the choice to either have the car impounded, or removed from the province. Fast forward an hour or so, and his car is loaded up on a flat bed, on its way back to Ontario.
You did read this part after that right? Sadly talking in that slang is the only way majority of the kids these days will listen.
Old 05-15-15, 03:08 PM
DreamGS4
Rookie

Well this is is infuriating.. regulations, rules, laws, w/e they may be, i cannot stand people telling me how to build MY CAR. Now before i come across as an ignorant child, i do understand that the regulations are in place for the better safety of the public at large. But com'on people, a lowered car with stretched tires isnt going to kill anyone... This isnt in the states, but over here, this stuff really gets to me, because police are busy stickin it to the car people with modified rides rather than being useful in other areas that require much needed attention.

Ive been stopped before because i was lowered. WHAT?! Get this, he pulls me over and asks, "sir are you aware that your head lights must be 26cm (or some number close to that) above the pavement? (this is in CALIFORNIA btw) Now honestly thats the dumbest law I've ever heard of, but of course i told the nice officer that i was unaware of such regulations. Well he then proceeds to pull his measuring tape out and measure the distance between the ground and my headlights.... seriously i mean does he not have anything better to do? Ive gotten so many dumb fix it tickets for that kind of stupid **** its not funny; cant tell you how many i have gotten one for "modified exhaust". I mean i know police dont care what happens after they write the ticket, but im not going to change my exhaust... sorry guys its here to stay, I rather like the sound of my V8.

Anyway, i really feel for the guy, its annoying and extremely frustrating to be told how to build your ride. Personally i dont care too much to play by the rules Ill run open headers slammed on the ground all day everyday son, as long as it aint gonna kill anyone, its fine by me! write me all the fix its you want.. aint gonna change my ride
Old 05-15-15, 08:52 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What's with the ignorant whining about modifying your car? No one is restricting you from modifying the car. You can modify your car to your heart's content and let it sit at home or bring it around on a trailer. What this is is simply a case of restricting someone from driving a car that is modified in such a way that it poses a threat to the people around him EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DRIVES IT. Believe it or not, it is in fact dangerous to stretch a 215 tire onto a 9.5" wheel(Let me remind you that this is a wheel designed for a 275/285 width tire. This is not a case of him going down to a 255, which would give a slight angle). Every lateral movement is a potential for catastrophic failure because the tire simply is not designed to stretch this way and can debead at any moment. Not only this, but they lower the car and render the suspension useless, which makes every pothole and bump an obstacle that can cause an accident. This catastrophic failure can lead to very dire consequences for the people around him, all because he thinks it's cool to drive around with this idiotic setup. And yes, it CAN kill someone. Ever seen one car run into another at high velocity and cause the second car to lose control and go flipping? Hellaflush, yo.

So stop complaining about the government protecting other citizens from the stupidity of a small group. It's not like they're stopping someone from having a 255 on a 9.5 wheel with slight negative camber. No, it's the complete idiots that are being stopped. To all the whiners:

Watch how irresponsible modding totally doesn't affect another person(causes them to lose control):

Last edited by NickTee; 05-15-15 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-16-15, 09:26 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
What's with the ignorant whining about modifying your car? No one is restricting you from modifying the car. You can modify your car to your heart's content and let it sit at home or bring it around on a trailer. What this is is simply a case of restricting someone from driving a car that is modified in such a way that it poses a threat to the people around him EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DRIVES IT. Believe it or not, it is in fact dangerous to stretch a 215 tire onto a 9.5" wheel(Let me remind you that this is a wheel designed for a 275/285 width tire. This is not a case of him going down to a 255, which would give a slight angle). Every lateral movement is a potential for catastrophic failure because the tire simply is not designed to stretch this way and can debead at any moment. Not only this, but they lower the car and render the suspension useless, which makes every pothole and bump an obstacle that can cause an accident. This catastrophic failure can lead to very dire consequences for the people around him, all because he thinks it's cool to drive around with this idiotic setup. And yes, it CAN kill someone. Ever seen one car run into another at high velocity and cause the second car to lose control and go flipping? Hellaflush, yo.

So stop complaining about the government protecting other citizens from the stupidity of a small group. It's not like they're stopping someone from having a 255 on a 9.5 wheel with slight negative camber. No, it's the complete idiots that are being stopped. To all the whiners:

Watch how irresponsible modding totally doesn't affect another person(causes them to lose control):
NEW SHOCKING fast two Nissan 350z accident on highway in USA!! - YouTube
ДТП на ттк 30.10.12 - YouTube
Couldn't have said it better myself!! It looks stupid and its dangerous!!!
Old 05-16-15, 09:38 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis

You realize that was written in a humorous way, right?
One line down:
Ok, I just can’t keep that up anymore.
Old 05-16-15, 11:35 AM
RUCKER
Rookie

NickTee that guy in the is300 didn't wreck because it was stanced, dude had a ls1 v8 swap if not a 2jz-GTE swap at the very least. I could tell just by the beast *** exhaust sound on it.

As soon as he passed the Evo he got on it to stunt on the Evo and show him he had the better and faster car but lost control because he had too much power to the wheels. Go watch any inexperienced driver behind a corvette and look how easily they spin out. I could post all kinds of videos to back it too.

He loses control in the exact same manner as that is300, and the crash is nearly identical.
Old 05-16-15, 06:50 PM
HOMECINEMA
Driver School Candidate

In Brisbane unfortunately that IS would be instantly defected , given a date for the pits and towed away .
Lowest point of the car off the bitumen here in Queensland is 100mm or 4 inches and frankly the roads around here easily warrant at least 150mm or 6 inches off the deck

Quick Reply: Quebec Police Kick Hellaflush IS 300 Out of the Province