IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 Roof Damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-14, 07:53 AM
Msbear30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS300 Roof Damage

Something odd happened to my 2001 IS300 Lexus late last year....either someone jumped onto my roof or one of those air blowers from the car wash pushed it in. I noticed when I walked out of my place one day that my roof was dented in. To me, it looked like two feet jumped on it, and they were deep enough to hold water if it had rained. I freaked out, immediately thinking someone jumped on top of my car that night, for whatever reason.

I showed a guy friend and he went into my backseat and pushed it back into place...not without a couple dimples left I do have a moonroof, and now it no longer goes back.

I took it through the carwash again a week or so later, and the force of the air pushed it back down, therefore me needing someone to push it back. So then I wondered if maybe that's what damaged it instead, I couldn't remember if I had washed the car and maybe didn't notice it at first. I'm pretty upset because I miss my moonroof, I hate the few dimples on top, and now I can't go through carwashes with the air dryers. I think sometimes the moonroof leaks too, because after a large rainstorm, I will notice some water leaking from the top of my passenger doorframe, or right around the moonroof frame.

Any solutions to keep it from constantly denting in? And what should I do about the leaking?
Old 07-23-14, 05:32 PM
troongs1
Driver School Candidate

Man some hater did the same to my IS last year as well, i ran back to my car when my compustar started paging me but it was too late. Their was a layer of pollen on my paint from spring and it was clear someone wearing nike Flightposites jumped onto my hood and to the roof. Thank god they didnt jump off the back of f my charge speed bumper.

Depends where the dents and dings are extactly. Ive gone to a few dent ding removal shops and was told the same answer. Some where able to be removed and some just arent able to be removed because of the chassis bracing and stress points of the sunroof and chassis flex. Sux ive got 2 left on my roof and 1 on my hood. GL hope u get better results than i did
Old 08-03-14, 07:20 PM
rfideng
Driver School Candidate

The roof seems to be thinner metal than the hood or trunk. Got in a hail storm (parked) and the roof has 10x the damage of trunk or hood. Most popped out in the sun; bodyshop thinks they can remove the others. Good luck.