IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

odd creak noise.. need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-14, 05:39 AM
KCCOAbel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd creak noise.. need some help!

hey guys, when i picked my IS up it already had the calipers painted and what not but it was kind of a slap and go paint job. he didnt remove pieces to paint and even painted portions of the slides for the pads. i have been noticing more and more a squeaking/creaking noise when braking its a rotational creak as well. ive already removed the caliper, bracket, pads, and slides from the wheel its coming from and cleaned them up very well, it went away for about 2 weeks, then came right back. its definitely one of the most annoying sounds to hear. anyone have any ideas what could possibly be goin on? is it possible ive got a wheel bearing going bad on that wheel?

any ideas help
Old 06-08-14, 09:37 PM
PIONEER
Driver

were the pads snug in the caliper? all the clips and pins holding the caliper in place?
Old 06-10-14, 10:20 AM
KCCOAbel
Driver School Candidate

yeah the pads fit exactly as they should, not loose hopping around, both the spring retainer clips were still in, and the caliper wasnt hopping around. the rotor is seated flush to the face of the wheel bearing hub. im wondering if either the wheel bearing is starting to go bad or if maybe glazing on the pads can do that?! ive never heard that noise come from glazed pads though. its definitely a certain spot on the rotors as they go around. im thinking about throwing some new brakes on for the hell of it. theyre not low but i'm just kinda taking a stab in the air on this one.