IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

BN Sports or Bust

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 04:45 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BN Sports or Bust

Well its taken almost a year for me to adjust and get settled out here in Vegas. The job situation has been preetty tough. My car had been vandelized several times from being egged, keyed, having the antenna broken off, and someone even through chicken bones on it and birds were feasting on them.

But after moving to a much nicer place with a garage I can say things have finally settled for the most part which has allowed me to not only fix all the damage caused by the local a$$holes out here, but also start a whole new project.

So as most of you saw last year, I finished converted from C-West to Wald. Well once I finished that project I was immediately bored with it. Don't get me wrong I liked how it looked but too many people have done it or are rocking it also. Since I'm a fan of aggressive styling and decided that I was going to get what I really wanted all along, but couldn't get because the roads in MD wouldn't allow it. Well now that I live in Vegas and its extremely flat out here I did want I've wanted to do for the last years. Here's the teaser to get you interested. More to come this weekend.

Some will hate and other will love. That much I'm sure of but this is what I like and think it looks pretty badass. I have about 2 3/4" of space between the bottom of the bumper and the ground. But I'm used to that.

I'll be adding 15mm spacers to the front and a 10mm in the rear. The front fitment will be 19 x 8.5 + 20. The rear will be either 9.5 +20.
Old 03-24-10, 04:46 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

OK so I made some major progress over the weekend. First thing is first. I tested fitted the sides to gauge where I needed to angle them before drilling. The sides are the one item that doesn't come pre-drilled so that the owner can adjustment depending on wheel fitment. As you can see, my once aggressive fitment looks weak with these sides. But I'll fix that.

This shows how far out my wheels need come based on where I have the sides mocked up. With the 10mm spacers going on the rear I was confident that the wheels would be spaced enough to complement the sides.

Old 03-24-10, 04:47 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Once I got the car up in the air I identified the area in the circle as needed to be removed so that I can pull the rear fenders more. This little area is a major headache for anyone thats rolled over it with a roller because the sheet metal is twice as thick there.

Once that was removed it was time to heat up the fender and begin pulling.

Old 03-24-10, 04:48 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I had some help from my buddy Ray (owner of the yellow IS in the background)who helped me put knock out the stock studs and replace them will the longer ones that came with the spacers.

Once finished the result was exactly what I wanted. :bigSmile:
19 x 9.5 +20
235 35

Don't mind the gap between my fender and the rear bumper. The bumper isn't bolted up all the way because I didn't want to break the tab with the roller.
Old 03-24-10, 04:48 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I finished up everything I could on Sunday and still had to find time to help a local who is new to the IS scene roll his fenders and install his coils. Needless to say that I was pretty beat.

I dropped off the car at the body shop yesterday (Monday) and was told I could get it back as early as Thursday, but Saturday sounds more realistic IMO. Once I get it back I have one this fender issue to resolve but that shouldn't be a big deal.

The rear fitment is money though. I rolled the car up on a 3" low profile ramp and got a heavy guy to sit in the truck to simulate load. The result was 1.5mm clearance from the top of the tire to the fender.
Old 03-25-10, 08:21 AM
lexdymndz
Lead Lap

love it. im so jealous. vegas is a great place to drive low.
Old 03-25-10, 09:46 AM
Choiza
Rookie

I've seen your car go through a lot of the stages from the Wald kit, to the Apex and now BN. This is by far your best setup. Enjoy the nice road of the west. Please keep us updated on the aero progress. It's also unfortunate to hear people would do those things to your car. Will you buy new wheels as well?
Old 03-25-10, 10:07 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Choiza
I've seen your car go through a lot of the stages from the Wald kit, to the Apex and now BN. This is by far your best setup. Enjoy the nice road of the west. Please keep us updated on the aero progress. It's also unfortunate to hear people would do those things to your car. Will you buy new wheels as well?
Thanks a lot. There appears to be a lot of haters out here in Vegas. My body shops says they tend to repair a lot of similar damage on a regular basis. Thats why I moved to a place with a garage. I wanted to get new wheels but couldn't afford them and the kit at the same time. Down the road for sure but for now these will do.
Old 03-25-10, 10:55 AM
markyboy21
Driver

good work so far. i love seeing cars w/ the aggressive look. i can't wait to see the finished product. have you had a lot of experience w/ rolling and pulling fenders? i'm way to afraid to do that stuff on my own.
Old 03-25-10, 10:59 AM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

car looks very good man
Old 03-25-10, 11:14 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im soooo excited for this build to be completed!!!!

good stuff Leroy!
Old 03-25-10, 11:26 AM
tailwind4
Driver

looks awesome! sorry bout all the people that are jealous that they do not have nice as a car and have to throw **** at it
Old 03-25-10, 01:17 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markyboy21
good work so far. i love seeing cars w/ the aggressive look. i can't wait to see the finished product. have you had a lot of experience w/ rolling and pulling fenders? i'm way to afraid to do that stuff on my own.
Thanks a lot. Yeah rolling fenders is easy now. I was fortunate enough to have someone experienced with rolling and pulling teach me. If you have that kind of help from the beginning then anyone can do it.

Originally Posted by kingluis6
car looks very good man
Thanks

Originally Posted by anotherLS
im soooo excited for this build to be completed!!!!

good stuff Leroy!
I'm bursting at the seems it feels like. Its in the body shop right now and comes out Saturday. Might sneak out of work early tomorrow to snap some pics though.

Originally Posted by tailwind4
looks awesome! sorry bout all the people that are jealous that they do not have nice as a car and have to throw **** at it
I can't believe there's so many people here that are of such low class.
Old 04-01-10, 07:17 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Finally got around to some slightly better pics.

Old 04-04-10, 05:41 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks so sick!!!

Quick Reply: BN Sports or Bust