Time for an update. My parts pile is growing tall and "to buy parts list" continues to grow in length. I was suppose to be fitting the rear tires and suspension this weekend but due to weather my parts were delayed. Currently the roads in Dallas are solid ice thus giving me the day off. Instead of staying in my warm home I decided to take the 50 mile one way trip to the shop any way. The next 12 hours would be spent removing the ABS system, tucking the chassis harness and eliminating any unused circuits. It doesn't get much cleaner folks.
I left my camera at home so the cell phone pics will have to do for now. I promise better pics to come!
Lexus mad a poor choice when deciding the ABS pump location. Since this car will be on the track most of its life I decided to delete this completely.
Diving in now you can see it can get overwhelming quick. By now I know most of the circuits and associated wire colors by heart. This will be my 4th wire tuck on this chassis.
Its amazing how much I removed from the body harness. It literally cut the dimensions in half. As you can see I have some old ugly enkei wheels to roll on lol. Drag wheels should be here this coming week. The cutting will commence soon!
This build should be a good test of these motor mounts. I know they hold at least 800whp
As the engine bay sits for now. Hopefully some parts start to show up soon. I'm ready to get serious with this build.