IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS 430- V8 Power!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-03, 03:46 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
that ugly chopped IS is the new coming project?! @_@ man... umm...

richie, you mean the silver IS in the show? i thought the sticker said is430 supercharged? guess it was just IS300 sc?
RominI, I am talking about the "RING" car, that car was a supercharger IS300. That car was also in SCC and some other US and UK magazines as the IS430 (WRONG).
They did kind of butcher the body on that one.

The Silver IS I posted the pics of from the 2001 Essen show has the 430 engine in it with the TTE supercharger but it is not connected and this car does not drive. Only for shows.
There is a Black IS430 (without Supercharger) at TTE and that is the only V8 IS that drives.

Hope this clears some stuff up.
Old 01-28-03, 03:49 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

that ugly chopped IS is the new coming project?! @_@ man... umm...

richie, you mean the silver IS in the show? i thought the sticker said is430 supercharged? guess it was just IS300 sc?
No, that car("silver IS in the show") was the IS430 SC Iv'e seen videos of the engine bay and the car running. BTW did you see the Spec sheet?!?!?!?

Last edited by JAC JZS; 01-28-03 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-28-03, 03:55 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by JAC JZS
No, that car("silver IS in the show") was the IS430 SC Iv'e seen videos of the engine bay and the car running. BTW did you see the Spec sheet?!?!?!?
You've seen the video's of Mr Riemer, he is well known in the Supra community.
The car that was running was not the supercharged one, but the black one without the supercharger.
The silver one does not run, it's only a show car.
Old 01-28-03, 04:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

yeah i see the spec, 0-100kmh in 4.6 secs or so, impressive
Old 01-28-03, 04:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Richie
RominI, I am talking about the "RING" car, that car was a supercharger IS300. That car was also in SCC and some other US and UK magazines as the IS430 (WRONG).
They did kind of butcher the body on that one.

The Silver IS I posted the pics of from the 2001 Essen show has the 430 engine in it with the TTE supercharger but it is not connected and this car does not drive. Only for shows.
There is a Black IS430 (without Supercharger) at TTE and that is the only V8 IS that drives.

Hope this clears some stuff up.
gotcha, thanks for clearing it up. a sc is300, umm.... i don't mind having turbo in is300 too
Old 01-28-03, 05:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

gotcha, thanks for clearing it up. a sc is300, umm.... i don't mind having turbo in is300 too
Turbo, supercharger......as long as it is forced induction, it's all good.
Old 01-28-03, 07:26 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

The car that was running was not the supercharged one, but the black one without the supercharger.
What about the orange one?
Old 01-28-03, 08:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the orange one?! the team lexus car? dunno what's inside...
Old 01-28-03, 08:54 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Talking

the orange one?! the team lexus car? dunno what's inside...
haha, I was JK

Last edited by JAC JZS; 01-28-03 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-28-03, 09:21 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All kidding aside, the Orange one is a race car that is limited by the rules which govern what engine modifications are allowed for that class of racing. I'll take a guess that they are limited to running only Normally Aspirated engines.

On an unrelated subject, you'll note that the orange race car uses Supra TT front Calipers, not Brembo's, AP's etc. Food for thought.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-28-03 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-28-03, 10:08 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RMMGS4
All kidding aside, the Orange one is a race car that is limited by the rules which govern what engine modifications are allowed for that class of racing. I'll take a guess that they are limited to running only Normally Aspirated engines.

On an unrelated subject, you'll note that the orange race car uses Supra TT front Calipers, not Brembo's, AP's etc. Food for thought.
LOL, I should have went with Pewter .
Old 01-29-03, 03:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RMMGS4

yeah i notice that too, a very interesting setup imho
Old 01-29-03, 10:02 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone always mistakes the two.

Old 01-29-03, 10:12 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this clears some stuff up. [/B]
Are you sure. I had heard that there were 5. 1 was the TTE show car and the others ran. I thought that it sounded high but Reg did do that black car about 9 months ago so that would give enough time to make others, although thinking about it I don't know what you would need so many for.

Do you have any more in depth info on the "Ring" car? It's a Lexus testbed car right? There's 2 of these last I heard. 1 on this side of the pond and one on that side.
Old 01-29-03, 01:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by IS_Dude
Are you sure. I had heard that there were 5. 1 was the TTE show car and the others ran. I thought that it sounded high but Reg did do that black car about 9 months ago so that would give enough time to make others, although thinking about it I don't know what you would need so many for.

Do you have any more in depth info on the "Ring" car? It's a Lexus testbed car right? There's 2 of these last I heard. 1 on this side of the pond and one on that side.
TTE introduced the silver car in December 2001, that car is just a show car and does not drive (yet). The just threw in the engine with the supercharger and pushed it on the stand.
The real development mule is a Black IS. This is the car that has recently appeared on several sites. This car has a NA 430 engine running 300 horsepower.
To my knowledge these are the only 2 in exictense.
It is very expensive for TTE to produce these cars since Toyota will not sell them an IS shell and a 430 engine. They have to buy a normal IS200, rip the engine out, buy a normal LS430, rip that engine out and swap it around.
The cost of the black car for TTE is more than 100k USD.

The car at the Ring. My friend who is at TTE a lot told me it was a development car for the TTE IS300 compressor.
The strange thing about it is that the car has Belguim plates and TTE is in Germany. Lexus europe is based in Brussels Belgium. Maybe there is something more about this car but I have not heard it.

Quick Reply: IS 430- V8 Power!!!!