+ JZX100 VVTI 1JZ with R154 (I think, someone help me ID this, block number 6140948 with ECU 89661 22790 and the pins match JZX100 plug diagrams). Remote shifter too so no shifter extension needed as far as I know.
To do/Shopping list for the next few weeks:
1. Driveshaftshop Driveshaft
2. Rad of some sort + EFans
3. 5 speed pedal assembly/slave cylinder + auto brake pedal replacement.
4. Timing belt/tensioner/seals replacement before going in
5. Intercooler/piping is gonna wait for the moment since Ill prob be fabbing up piping so I dont have to bother with ABS relocate and I dont wanna chop up a recently replaced sportcross bumper too much. WIll be done as the final step when everything else is done.
Few questions for the peanut gallery -
1. R154 will be able to be mounted to the OEM A/T trans mount for 02-05 IS? Pt2 - This is a remote shifter assembly correct and I wont have to make a shifter extension?
2. Ive found this pinout but a bit of better documentation would be amazing.
3. What is the general consensus on the DBW? Can I keep current DBW pedal or should I just go cable?
4. Will VVTI 2JZGE Starter work? Kinda ****ed the other one up compression testing.
Taking the dually to go pick up the motor middle of this week. Should be good times. Updates will follow.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Im paying for reduced headache in the trans department + Power FC. I called Apexi and they do not have a powerFC for the newer VVTI 2JZs. This they do. VVTI 2JZs go for about 2K up here with auto trans, but then after spending another 1300ish to get a R154 up to spec Im over what I spent. I like short stroke I6s so this is the way to go.
The trans is 100% what I need - no need to frankenstein a MK3 supra R154, find a 1J bellhousing, 1J flywheel, clutch, and shifter extension... Its all there. In addition, this is setting me up for a 1.5J down the road if needed so the displacement will be there in the future. Friend is making close to 400whp on stock clutch so Ill see how long that lasts for me after I do a quick resurface before sealing it up.