IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Where to order my body kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 04:54 PM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
If you get any parts from us that have huge gaps or bends or a bumper that doesn't reach to the ends of the fender, then my friend, that is a defective part. You can return it for a refund, or we can send you a replacement. You loose no additional money out of your pocket for the exchange and if you decide on a refund, you get 100% of your money back.
Thanks for the info. I have not ordered from u guys. Im lookin at alot of places. With u though. Can i mix and match body parts for the one box to ship to hawaii.
Old 09-06-12, 05:09 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by konaboi808
Thanks for the info. I have not ordered from u guys. Im lookin at alot of places. With u though. Can i mix and match body parts for the one box to ship to hawaii.
Yes of course, I will fit as much as I can in box for you, so if you or your friends need something I will do my best to stuff it in one box so this way you can split shipping costs with your buddy.
Old 09-10-12, 01:19 AM
sadc
Driver School Candidate

Just to verify the prices you posted is just the shipping prices im assuming.

Kona-MIght be looking for a rear bumper only because when I bought my IS, my rear was already damaged. Also a lip and side skirts.
Old 09-10-12, 02:19 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Ya, cuz that price is crazy. I undastand business but dam. We c.
Old 09-10-12, 08:46 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

The pricing I posted was for shipping only. I can always add more than one bumper in a body kit box, sometimes 3-4 depending on the car(s)
Old 09-10-12, 11:37 AM
403IS300
Driver

Best quality out there = OEM

Getting up there:
-Vertex
-Charge Speed
-RMM
-AMS
-GReddy
-Modellista
-BN Sports
-Seibon

Somewhere way down here is all the knockoff brands that cant design their own kits like Shine Auto, Extreme Dimensions and others of that nature.
Old 09-11-12, 10:40 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 403IS300
Best quality out there = OEM

Getting up there:
-Vertex
-Charge Speed
-RMM
-AMS
-GReddy
-Modellista
-BN Sports
-Seibon

Somewhere way down here is all the knockoff brands that cant design their own kits like Shine Auto, Extreme Dimensions and others of that nature.
You look at it as a knock off but we here at Extreme Dimensions hold on to popular styles that may no longer be around. Sooner or later the kit you want will go out of stock, or be discontinued.. we may be the only affordable option in the future. Your authentic front end will only survive so long on the streets, just like ours, except with ours you pay a fraction of the costs. We are just trying to supply parts to the lower end market, the people who save for a year or two to buy their dream kit. No one is holding a gun to anyones head, its a free market. Do as you desire!
Old 09-11-12, 10:56 AM
403IS300
Driver

You look at it as a knock off but we here at Extreme Dimensions hold on to popular styles that may no longer be around. Sooner or later the kit you want will go out of stock, or be discontinued.. we may be the only affordable option in the future.
http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockoffs

Then please stop carrying models which are still being produced by original manufacturers, if you carry kits that are discontinued and give credit to the designers who created them, go right ahead. Theres a big market for people who cant afford the authentic stuff, sadly.

I understand your business venture with hitting that market, but why sell identical designs as to things that are currently still available or in production? You will put the businesses under and then who will you take designs from...

When I see companies like Vertex, 666Customs, WALD, etc taking a brand new car off the lot, and trying everything in their capabilities and budget to create something jaw dropping and unique... thats what makes me want to purchase their products. Those people have families to take care of, and knockoffs of their products take away their possibilities at doing that in the future.

Where's the R&D work behind a Extreme Dimension's FR-S kit? Or a new Lexus LS kit? ... Or are you simply waiting on someone else to use their money and time and ingenuity to create your next "popular style."

In conclusion, (sorry OP for going off-topic)... I think you should purchase a body kit that best suits your style, and purchase it from the original manufacturer. If you have to save up for 2 months for a knockoff, save up another 2 months and buy the real thing. It will benefit you and everyone else in the future as we support the people putting the leg work into creating the beautiful designs we all love.
Old 09-11-12, 11:08 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockoffs

Then please stop carrying models which are still being produced by original manufacturers, if you carry kits that are discontinued and give credit to the designers who created them, go right ahead. Theres a big market for people who cant afford the authentic stuff, sadly.

I understand your business venture with hitting that market, but why sell identical designs as to things that are currently still available or in production? You will put the businesses under and then who will you take designs from...

When I see companies like Vertex, 666Customs, WALD, etc taking a brand new car off the lot, and trying everything in their capabilities and budget to create something jaw dropping and unique... thats what makes me want to purchase their products. Those people have families to take care of, and knockoffs of their products take away their possibilities at doing that in the future.

Where's the R&D work behind a Extreme Dimension's FR-S kit? Or a new Lexus LS kit? ... Or are you simply waiting on someone else to use their money and time and ingenuity to create your next "popular style."

In conclusion, (sorry OP for going off-topic)... I think you should purchase a body kit that best suits your style, and purchase it from the original manufacturer. If you have to save up for 2 months for a knockoff, save up another 2 months and buy the real thing. It will benefit you and everyone else in the future as we support the people putting the leg work into creating the beautiful designs we all love.
Once again, it's a free market. People are open to support companies like Vertex, Chargespeed, Wald, Aimgain, etc but at the end of the day the people decide on what route they want to take. I've replaced my kit 6 (4 out of 6 being authentic) times since i've had my car and every time its because of minor issues on the road. A couple of the companies I mentioned above have the same issues that most kits do, which is typically fitment and the fact that its still fiberglass. You really want to spend $3000+ on fiberglass? I don't know if you know this but it doesn't cost that much to make a fiberglass kit. We've at least tried to come up with something innovative such as Duraflex. I didn't believe in it either until I started working here. We have less damage issues with shipping and we have a very low amount of complaints on our product based on its "flexibility." Offering a better product at a cheaper price, to me is a fair trade. Once again, I support your views, to an extent. But I still believe spending thousands of dollars on a kit is a waste of money.
Old 09-11-12, 11:15 AM
403IS300
Driver

But I still believe spending thousands of dollars on a kit is a waste of money.
When I spend $3,000 on a kit I personally have full awareness that I'm not paying for just the materials it's made with... and I hope you don't see it that way either.

That $3,000 would be broken down into:
Cost of shop space
Tools
Shop supplies
Wages
Research and development (computer design outsourcing, trial and error, raw materials)
Cars to test it on (renting, buying, etc)
and of course, paying somebody or some team of guys that extra few dollars for coming up with such a incredible design and product that it capitivated something inside me that - THAT is exactly what I want MY car to look like and to have every justification in the world for me to spend my hard earned money on.

And then at the very, very minor end of all those other expenditures....

I will accept that I am paying them to purchase fibreglass and resin.

Last edited by 403IS300; 09-11-12 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-11-12, 11:19 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

When I spend $3,000 on a kit I personally have full awareness that I'm not paying for just the materials it's made with... and I hope you don't see it that way either.

That $3,000 would be broken down into, cost of shop space, tools, shop supplies, wages, research and development (computer design outsourcing, trial and error, raw materials), cars to test it on (renting, buying, etc), and of course, paying somebody or some team of guys that extra few dollars for coming up with such a incredible design and product that it capitivated something inside me that - THAT is exactly what I want to spend my hard earned money on.. and then at the very, very minor end of all those other expenditures.... I will accept that I am paying them to purchase fibreglass and resin.
Which is fine and I can respect that. But, personally I can't pay that much for something that is not stronger than traditional fiberglass. If it was $3k for poly, I'd be on that all day long. I speak from personal experience and issues that I have dealt with on the daily, having a daily driven show car. This my own personal opinion and I hope you can respect that. This convo has been fun, but I must get back to work. Have a good day boss!

Last edited by Extreme Dimensions; 09-11-12 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-11-12, 01:24 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Originally Posted by konaboi808
Ok. So i finally decided what rear bumper to go with. Need some help. Im looking at the charge speed, c speed, z speed style 2 piece bumper.: Are they all 2 piece because im not going to use the rear diffuser. Whats the different between these. Do they all have the same body lines. I dont want a knock off or bad quality one. Who should i order from? All help and info will be much appreciated.
Fell free to pm or call me anytime. We deal in nothing but JDM aero its and parts.

Luis S
310-522-2383
L-tunedparts.com
Old 09-11-12, 03:55 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

im personally with 403IS300 on this one. i know a lot of people feel differently, but i wouldn't trade my authentic kit for anything less. But everyones gonna feel differently on this topic, i guess it really depends on what your goals for your car are at the end of the day.
Old 10-04-12, 11:10 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

^No, i agree with both of you. I dont want a cheap product that was cheaply made. Im supporting my family and tryn to have fun. Soo it may take me longer to build my car than others. Just finding out where the good manufactures are was my goal. Now i can save up, for the authentic kit n not worry about all the bs from others.
Old 10-04-12, 11:15 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Fell free to pm or call me anytime. We deal in nothing but JDM aero its and parts.

Luis S
310-522-2383
L-tunedparts.com
I will look more into you guys. Questions i have though.
-What does it mean when it says $9999 for the price...discountuned or...
-Do u have any sellers in Hawaii
-Do you ship to hawaii and if so, Cost to 96786

Thanks

Quick Reply: Where to order my body kit