IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Camber problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-12, 08:14 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber problem

My camber and toe are maxed out. but my rear wheels are still tucked in wasteing my inner tire like crazy. what camber kits are out there that can help me with this issue? any suggestions are wanted. Thank you in advance for any help.
2004 5speed, Lowered on BC raceing coil overs. i didnt measure the drop but im sure its over 2"
Old 05-12-12, 12:04 PM
isusu8o8
Driver

Id recommend you picking up some camber arms and toes links from Figs engineering. Everyone are getting good results with these items. heres the link

http://www.shopfigs.com/v1/
Old 05-12-12, 01:14 PM
SuthrnGent
Lead Lap

Yeah, it seems that many memebers have had success with FIGS components. I know I'm picking some up soon.
Old 05-12-12, 08:19 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Fig's Mega Arms AND toe links are the way to go. If your car is slammed, he can make a custom set to fit your needs. I've had mine for over 2 yrs. and I'm glad I got them.
Old 05-15-12, 04:50 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

Thank you every 1 for ur input, i need to save up the money to get them. One more question How hard is it to install these mega arms? should i take it to a shop or can i do it myself then take it for an alignment? or should i go to a shop to have them do it and do my alignment?
Im a newb at this but i want a slammed car done rite and when i have the money saved get the rims and have a agressive stance.
Thank you again for the help on this topic. Does it matter if i just get the $400 ones cuz i dont see much of a diffarence other then th price?
Old 05-15-12, 05:20 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

The EE version should be fine. Install was pretty easy for me on jack stands...especially with air tools. Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.figsengineering.com/FE_MEGA_IGg2.pdf. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, have a professional do it for you. Here are the torque specs for the rear end if you feel like getting your hands dirty.

There are three bolts on the rear LCA that are torqued to 81 ft-lbs. All three should be torqued AFTER loading the suspension. All I do is drop it on some ramps stacked onto a couple 2x12's. In the pic below, I raised the other end to fully compress the suspension. Fig said that leaving the other end on the ground is fine.

Old 05-16-12, 11:13 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

I have to say BEYOND thank you for the diagram and the web page. that jus made things beyond easy to see wats goin on and how to get it done. Props to u, u jus made my day
Old 05-16-12, 02:13 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

No problem. If you have trouble aligning the holes for the 3 larger bolts on the LCA, I found a little trick that has helped me out. While on your back, use your foot to push the wheel or hub carrier away from the car. That should make the arm go up/down enough to slide the bolt in. Since all three of those bolts are 19mm (I think) make sure you note which one goes where, and the direction they enter the arm. Here's a pic of mine.

If you get the toe link (you will probably need them), the rod end doesn't go all the way in--it's normal.

Old 05-17-12, 03:53 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

with the Mega Arms for camber and i have Megan tow links i should be able to make everything good no? i already have the megan tow links along with the megan UCAs for the front. when i initially tried to fix my camber i had googled camber kit and megan came up they labled it as a camber kit but all that it was was a rear tow arm and the UCAs for the front. so when i had the money but being a newb i screwed myself on not knowing so this time im making sure i ask to see b4 i waist money.
Thanx again to every1 that has helped me out with this topic. its highly appriciated.
+ rep to rvalero who is hookin it up with all these diagrams to make my life easier for the install

Last edited by bacon22; 05-17-12 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-17-12, 06:27 AM
rvalero
Lead Lap

I've always found Fig's product quality to be great, so I always stick with his parts. If you already have the Megan toe links, you should be fine with that. When you get your alignment, have them rotate the the stock toe adjustment all the way inward. This puts the toe links in a better position to reduce bump steer. Next, adjust camber with the stock cam bolts. Finally, adjust toe using the Megan toe links (NOT the OEM adjustment). Since the Mega arm's rod end needs to be unmounted for adjustment, I would let Fig know how low your car is, and ask for a recommended length for the Mega Arm prior to installation.
Old 05-17-12, 10:59 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

How would i find out how low of a drop i did exactly? could i jus research the stock ride hieght then measure how far im off the ground and subtract the 2? ima have to print that out and give it to the guy that does my alignments. i should of waited till i bought the parts to ask on here i jus didnt think i would get this good of responces on this topic. thanx again for all the input once i get the money together ima try and find this thread or ima print it all out and have it all in hand when im goin to start the install and alignment.
Old 05-17-12, 11:10 AM
rvalero
Lead Lap

No problem. Getting your research done before you need it is the smart thing to do.

I would find somebody with a stock 02-05 and compare the distance from the sidemarkers to the ground. Obviously, you want to take the measurements on flat ground (not a sloped driveway or similar).
Old 05-18-12, 04:22 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

I waisted money last time i didnt ask, thats when i bought the megan UCAs and the toe links thinkin that was a camber kit for my car since it said camber kit owell we all learn sooner or later.
Thank you again for all ur help. Do u happen to know the DIY link to upload photos on here?
Old 05-18-12, 06:15 AM
rvalero
Lead Lap

I use photobucket to host my images. Here's a YouTube DIY.
Old 05-18-12, 06:23 AM
bacon22
Pole Position

http://www.iapdirect.com/spc-rear-ca...xus-is300.html
are these ****y camber kits?

Quick Reply: Camber problem