IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

First Mods Nearly Complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-12, 02:23 PM
Nomar1245
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods Nearly Complete

Ok so about a year ago(April 12, 2011) I picked up my first Lexus, an IS which was a car I'd wanted since I first saw it.

The first year with it has been great and it only had a couple problems; brakes went bad in the back and radio wouldn't play CDs. Neither where big issues. My brother (Thanks BenieIS) did the brakes for me for and I put in my old head unit.

I'd been wanting to do more but hadn't had the time to, so nothing else was really done. Yesterday I started doing some more stuff and thought I'd share.

My Car
First Mods Nearly Complete-kjf6u.jpg

I painted the Cailpers red. I like that they bring just a little bit of color to my car, and once I get my black wheels on(hopefully by this time next month) I think the red will compliment them well.
First Mods Nearly Complete-tx1y4.jpg

This is my radio. Pioneer AVIC-D3. I know it's an older unit but I hardly payed anything for it new so I've been hard pressed to find a new radio that has comparable features at a similar price.

System has the mentioned AVIC-D3, CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter, iPod Cable, Additional AV 30 Pin Connector, JL Audio TR650CSi's in the front, JL Audio, JL Audio TR690 TXI for the rear deck, Alpine(Can't remember model at the moment) amp, and 10" Alpine R Type Subwoofer, with Dynamat in the trunk.

First Mods Nearly Complete-gu0um.jpg
First Mods Nearly Complete-h4g5i.jpg

I have the additional 30 Pin connector configured so I can display anything from my iPhone, iPod, or iPad screen on my head unit.

First Mods Nearly Complete-auqcq.jpg
First Mods Nearly Complete-mjsjh.jpg

The dash kit I used is a Metra Kit, I wet sanded and painted to match the dash.

Not pictured:
The trunk. Right now it's just a box in the trunk. I'm going to probably get a ZEnclosure next week because I have a second 10" R Type just sitting around.
I changed all the dash lights from Orange to White LED's. The suns still out so I couldn't grab any pictures yet. The USB power port I put behind the dash to charge my phone and iPods with the 30 Pin AV connector. I got sick of wires being run around my car just to charge my phone. GPS. It's there but I think everyone knows that with the D3.

Hopeful additions sooner than later:
Wheels & Tires
Springs
Tint
New Sub box
Maybe some body stuff, but the above list added to what I have is pretty much all I want. I can't do much more with the crappy weather here in Pittsburgh. I don't want to accidentally turn my car into a plow for winter.

Thanks for checking me out.