Just Bought a 2004 Sportcross

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 08:05 AM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just Bought a 2004 Sportcross

Hi Guys.

I just purchased a 2004 Sportcross with 57k miles on it. Havent picked it up yet, but i will post pics soon.

What are some good lowering springs? I want to drop it very low, but still have a comfortable ride? any suggestions?

also, what is a good website to purchase some aftermarkets for the sportcross? (ex: grille, springs, front lip spoiler, etc)

thanks
Old 12-07-11, 08:57 AM
210IS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coilovers... not springs
Old 12-07-11, 12:21 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man! Finally another Sportcross owner on the CL from WA! lol I was the only one for a long time.

Where you located? Let's meet up.
Old 12-12-11, 07:39 AM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sway162
Congrats man! Finally another Sportcross owner on the CL from WA! lol I was the only one for a long time.

Where you located? Let's meet up.
I live in Olympia. how about you? What kind of springs or coilovers are you runnign sway?
Old 12-12-11, 08:56 AM
Endika
Rookie

If u want some cheap coilovers for lowering ride height purposes i reccomd megan ez. Also for after market parts u cant go wrong with any of our vendors here on the board
Old 12-12-11, 10:33 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fancy
I live in Olympia. how about you? What kind of springs or coilovers are you runnign sway?
Right on man.....I live in University Place/Lakewood but I commute to west Oly for work. We should get together one of these days around lunchtime or late afternoon. I am currently running on Megan Racing springs with Tokico HP shocks. Been on this set up for 25k miles or so. Ride is comfy and height is perfect for my taste. Pair it with aftermarket sway bars and your Sportcross will handle 100x better.
Old 12-12-11, 11:41 AM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Right on man.....I live in University Place/Lakewood but I commute to west Oly for work. We should get together one of these days around lunchtime or late afternoon. I am currently running on Megan Racing springs with Tokico HP shocks. Been on this set up for 25k miles or so. Ride is comfy and height is perfect for my taste. Pair it with aftermarket sway bars and your Sportcross will handle 100x better.
haha...I commute to Fredrickson everday for work? Where do you work at in west Oly?

For sure, we should meet up one day. I think i am going to go with the same spring/shock set as yours...

How did you paint your tail llights?
Old 12-12-11, 06:55 PM
tailwind4
Driver

congrats on the pickup with it only having 57k on it.
Old 12-13-11, 07:36 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

haha...I commute to Fredrickson everday for work? Where do you work at in west Oly?

For sure, we should meet up one day. I think i am going to go with the same spring/shock set as yours...

How did you paint your tail llights?
lol.....were you just on I-5 heading north this morning around 6:45? I thought I saw a Sportcross heading the other direction.....

I work near the Red Lion hotel off of the Cooper Point exit...in one of those many brick government buildings.

Yeah, I can care less about coilovers.......I don't want to be slammed, nor do I track my car and I don't have the time to adjust ride height. lol It drops about 2" all around so a little less than a finger gap. My tail lights are just covered with red out overlay film. Those are a PITA to take apart and paint...so I went with the overlays. It was one of the first mod I did and it still looks brand new. Got the film from Aerotect.....http://www.aerotect.net/shop/page15.html
Old 12-13-11, 08:20 AM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

lol.....were you just on I-5 heading north this morning around 6:45? I thought I saw a Sportcross heading the other direction.....

I work near the Red Lion hotel off of the Cooper Point exit...in one of those many brick government buildings.

Yeah, I can care less about coilovers.......I don't want to be slammed, nor do I track my car and I don't have the time to adjust ride height. lol It drops about 2" all around so a little less than a finger gap. My tail lights are just covered with red out overlay film. Those are a PITA to take apart and paint...so I went with the overlays. It was one of the first mod I did and it still looks brand new. Got the film from Aerotect.....http://www.aerotect.net/shop/page15.html
Normally that would be me, but i got to work extra early today. WSDOT? my wife works for WAESD in lacey.

I will check out that overlay. My cousin ended up just painting the outside of his lights, and they seem to work...haha...(whatever gets the job done i guess)

PM me your cell number (that way i have a reference number to hit up when i am stuck on a mod or something)
Old 12-13-11, 10:28 PM
punkatom
Driver

i just picked up an 02 sportcross on sunday in tacoma
Old 12-14-11, 07:27 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Normally that would be me, but i got to work extra early today. WSDOT? my wife works for WAESD in lacey.

I will check out that overlay. My cousin ended up just painting the outside of his lights, and they seem to work...haha...(whatever gets the job done i guess)

PM me your cell number (that way i have a reference number to hit up when i am stuck on a mod or something)
I work for the Higher Education Coordinating Board (HECB).

Yeah, others have painted as well. Just sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by punkatom
Right on bro.....congrats on the pick up! Are you in the Tacoma area?! That would be nice to get us all together. I got a buddy with an 03 Sportcross that lives in Mill Creek.
Old 12-14-11, 10:32 AM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by punkatom
infiniti of tacoma? Right on man....
Old 12-14-11, 03:13 PM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

Congrats! Keep us posted on your mods. Sway helped me a lot btw. Cool cat