IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

New body kit is painted but not installed... Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 08:22 PM
gibb3r
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New body kit is painted but not installed... Help?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but a long time IS300 owner. I bought my 2005 IS300 back in December 2005 and have loved every minute of the IS experience. Back in may of this year I had a little fender bender and messed up the front of my car.

Since then I have bought all the replacement parts to get it back up and running, including a complete engine swap because apparently 5 out of 6 cylinders had broken or bent valves... I don't know how or why this happened, but apparently it did.

Anyway, I've got a new Extreme Dimensions (ED) OEM style carbon fiber hood some new headlights, and an ED "Cyber" body kit.

I had all of the body kit painted here near my house at Quality Colors here in Dallas, but they would not install the kit since it was a custom part and they deal only in factory replacement parts.

NOW TO THE POINT OF THE POST

I am looking for a reasonably priced place to have the body kit installed.

I have done some searching online and have found a couple of places that seem like they can pull it off, but as this is my first post I figured I would make it something worthwhile.

I'll post some pics of my car tomorrow on this thread for anyone interested in seeing the final results of Quality Colors' handiwork, but I REALLY need a suggestion on where to get the kit installed.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Will
Old 11-23-11, 06:08 AM
czum09
Driver

Why not put it on yourself. It's pretty easy...
Old 11-23-11, 06:37 AM
FOOBER2
Rookie

If the fitment is good then just pop it on yourself, it's not too hard. I hope you test fitted the kit prior to getting it painted. You'll need the kit repainted if it requires any modifications (shaving and fiberglassing).
Old 11-23-11, 10:22 AM
gibb3r
Driver School Candidate

I did test fit it for the most part, however the driver's side was affected a little bit in the wreck so I couldn't line much up.

The only modification I think I'm going to need to do / get done is drilling holes to attach it to the car itself. Other than that the fitment is pretty on point. I just figured it might be easier for a pro to do the work quick and easy.

I'll keep posted on what progress I make. I'm quite proud of the work that's been done to it so far though. =)

Thanks for the input guys,
Will
Old 11-23-11, 10:49 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys look expensive but it doesn't hurt giving them a try. They are in Plano, TX.

http://www.newconceptautoworks.com/#!contact-us
Old 11-23-11, 04:05 PM
Lux03lxus
Rookie

Zip ties, hammers (if needed) and some bolts is all u really need. Unless u want it to be professionally done...
Old 11-24-11, 12:09 PM
ShartXing
Driver School Candidate

Its not bad. I completely stripped everything off of my car and reworked all the horrible body work down the one side and painted it all off. Its pretty much 2 10mm going through the bumpers into the fender/quarter. Plastic clips underneath for rear. More 10's on the front bumper. Where is it not lining up on the front? Under the headlight and fender? I'm a body tech so I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. It's not worth spending the extra cash on... Pictures also would help