IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

trade my IS300 for stock RHD supra?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 04:23 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im pretty sure he will be able to get this car legal if he talks to Nas. He owns a R34, S15 Silvia and a few other cars that are street legal and he DD the r34. Car looks good bro btw.
Old 11-02-11, 08:37 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Yeah I know him

Last edited by llllllllll; 07-17-12 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-03-11, 06:44 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope this works out for you. im just relaying what i've been told from other people who have gone through the process or are currently trying to go through the process. what im hearing is that years ago it was easier but today the rules for imports are much more strict. cars that have been here for years dont apply. that is all.

Canada has tons of JDM supras, silvias, skylines etc for cheap. if its so easy why dont you see more of these cars on the road.
Old 11-03-11, 07:12 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by baadhabit
i hope this works out for you. I'm just relaying what I've been told from other people who have gone through the process or are currently trying to go through the process. what im hearing is that years ago it was easier but today the rules for imports are much more strict. cars that have been here for years don't apply. that is all.

Canada has tons of JDM supras, silvias, skylines etc for cheap. if its so easy why don't you see more of these cars on the road.
yeah, worst case I'll just move up north and become Canadian!

Last edited by llllllllll; 07-17-12 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-04-11, 06:44 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

ok good luck. post up how the process works out for you.
Old 11-04-11, 07:10 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you get these vehicles registered in New Jersey, I know off a few buyers in Cali that would be interested(not to mention the average guy that's dying to get his hands on a true JDM automo.) in doing business with you.

Calif. is ridiculously hard to to get certain imported vehicles(OBD II & few OBD I) titled, and registered within the state, but there are alternatives. Like registering a car under a different state, have it smogged under that states federal smog listings(All other 49 states, instead of Calif [reason: egr equip]), and then maybe 2-3 months later bring it into Calif. to be smogged under federal listing vehicle.

There is an Auto Importer I know of that has 2 true - JDM Integras, and 2 true - JDM Civics. He has them all registered properly in california. (Via the method listed above, and another method that takes longer)

PM me if you are seriously considering this venture.

Originally Posted by llllllllll
I just came back from meeting the guy. He was a little difficult to understand but it was a great time!!! The guy is like 75 or 80 years old, and he sells jdm stuff as a side job or something. Wow really amazing! He also has a JDM EVO and a JDM honda del sol. He is very old and does not understand much about technology so I was telling him ideas to help sell more stuff!! I am thinking about trying to do some side business with him because he does not know much about advertising and selling stuff, this is what I do for a living, so I could make it work!! Nothing really major, maybe I'll just make my own jdm site or whatever, and use him to get the parts - like an order fulfillment guy.

He is thinking about importing a 98 Aristo next. I told him that he should import S13 and S14 the most because those are really popular and becoming more and more popular!! And I told him he should import skylines, especially R33! He said that he did it once, but no one would buy it! I think it's probably because he was asking $18,000 for it and because of the legalization and registration thing.

He said he knows a guy in NJ that will get the supra legalized and registered for only $1,500 - $2,500!!! So that is really cheap!! But I also read somewhere that the government is looking for all JDM cars that come out of NJ and that they are being seized and crushed. I don't know if this is all fact or what since it's all hear say. I need to do more research before I sell/trade/buy.

But he does have a lot of JDM parts, if anyone wants JDM stuff let me know, I'll tell the guy

Oh and about the supra... Wow, the engine is soo clean, only has somewhere around 65,000 miles.. No smoke from engine or exhaust, all electrical stuf works great, no check engine light or any lights on the dash. And it was my first time driving a RHD car (just around the storage facility) but either way it was awesome fun!!! And there were some people that were around getting stuff out of their storage containers, they were looking at me in amazement as I drove by sitting on the wrong side of the car!

Dam I want this car!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-11, 07:31 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kene
If you get these vehicles registered in New Jersey, I know off a few buyers in Cali that would be interested(not to mention the average guy that's dying to get his hands on a true JDM automo.) in doing business with you.

Calif. is ridiculously hard to to get certain imported vehicles(OBD II & few OBD I) titled, and registered within the state, but there are alternatives. Like registering a car under a different state, have it smogged under that states federal smog listings(All other 49 states, instead of Calif [reason: egr equip]), and then maybe 2-3 months later bring it into Calif. to be smogged under federal listing vehicle.

There is an Auto Importer I know of that has 2 true - JDM Integras, and 2 true - JDM Civics. He has them all registered properly in california. (Via the method listed above, and another method that takes longer)

PM me if you are seriously considering this venture.

Yeah I totally know what you are saying about shipping to different state and stuff like that.. You gotta trust the person that's doing all this, so it's really scary. I think that's why not too many people have RHD cars, only the people who know people and the people who take big risks.

Last edited by llllllllll; 11-11-11 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-07-11, 11:17 AM
ISNINE
Driver

Nice man! glad you got it!
Old 11-09-11, 12:28 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This decision is a no brainer
Old 11-09-11, 04:13 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Already bought some goodies for the Soup!!!!

- Big Brake Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (front)
- Bomex Front Bumper

^^ not pictures of my bumper, just an example

I really want a Do-Luck front bumper, but that's $1600 I don't have right now.
Maybe in the spring

Last edited by llllllllll; 11-09-11 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-10-11, 06:03 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ricer!!

I can't wait to see it come together! What OTHER plans do you have for her?
Old 11-10-11, 07:49 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

More pics . .
Old 11-11-11, 07:26 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Justin727
Ricer!!

I can't wait to see it come together! What OTHER plans do you have for her?
Hahahahaha yeah, gonna work on appearance & interior first.

I want Top Secret or Bomex sides
I want Top Secret rear
TRD rear fender overs

Not sure what i want for front fenders
Not sure which hood (but there are a couple I like)
Not sure which BBK to get
Not sure which seats to get yet, but I alreayd know that I want to re upholster them in 2 tone leather with diamond stitch really luxurious style

I already have my wheels for it - 19" Work VS-XX gold with polish lip.

Then probably for 2013 GTE build project begins!!!!
Old 11-11-11, 07:35 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cartune
More pics . .
Will post more probably next weekend. Car is in storage now.
Next weekend there is a big car meet, gonna pull it out and bring it to the meet!!
Old 11-11-11, 08:53 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes I can't wait to see more pics of this JDM car!!

I may trade my IS for an Aristo Forever ALONE

Quick Reply: trade my IS300 for stock RHD supra?!