IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Inspection problems . Need new light for rear lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 10:05 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection problems . Need new light for rear lip spoiler

My car didn’t pass inspection because my light on my rear lip spoiler wasn’t working. They said wiring was ok but most likely the Leds were burnt out and that whole lighting piece needed replaced. Anyone know where I can find a aftermarket one or a cheap one.I googled it and didn’t find many results. Don’t want to bother with asking a dealership yet since I know they will charge a arm and a leg. Also would the two lights on the trunk be considered brake lights since they light up when i brake because they said i need 3 brake lights to pass inspections and that would be 4.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails Inspection problems . Need new light for rear lip spoiler-0312111419-00-1-.jpg  

Last edited by LexiSoSexi; 04-19-11 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-19-11, 01:31 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just remove it temporarily.. Gotta buy a whole new spoiler
Old 04-19-11, 06:38 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

the high mount brake light needs to work nonetheless to pass inspection, try a junk yard to see if there are any is300 there to scrap off of, if you find on with the lip spoiler like yours, you are gonna need a impact driver for the two phillips that attaches the led brake lamp assembly to the spoiler, if you find one that has it behind the rear window, just take that whole assembly as it should plug right into the spoiler wire
Old 04-19-11, 09:48 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Just removing it won't help
Most states need 3rd brake light to pass inspection.
Old 04-20-11, 08:49 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Justin727
just remove it temporarily.. Gotta buy a whole new spoiler
wow just to replace that light i would need a new spoiler. that would suck. i dont see that light for sale anywhere online. might have to buy a third brake light and attach it up top
Old 04-20-11, 10:13 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Ha Lexus dealership wanted 230 for that lens part plus a 100 to install. For the hell of it i asked how much are the headlight assemblys and he said 1500 each. I hope i never have replace those.
Old 04-20-11, 02:40 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexiSoSexi
Ha Lexus dealership wanted 230 for that lens part plus a 100 to install. For the hell of it i asked how much are the headlight assemblys and he said 1500 each. I hope i never have replace those.
Try calling around to local junk yards.
Might be able to find one....

For that light, might have to cough up the money and pay dealership though because most people who sell used parts on the forum won't sell just the light.
You can probably get the whole spoiler from someone on the forum for +/- $100, take out the light then sell the spoiler for $50 or whatever to make most of your money back...
Old 04-20-11, 02:56 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Even did some research for you!!
u should feel lucky!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is3...runk-fogs.html

Pay $100, get the spoiler..
Take out the light...

Re-sell the spoiler for like $50-$75 **as is with broken light.**
***** Be honest and make it clear and obvious that the light needs to be replaced *****

done and done
Old 04-20-11, 03:28 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

wow just to replace that light i would need a new spoiler. that would suck. i dont see that light for sale anywhere online. might have to buy a third brake light and attach it up top
you don't need the whole spoiler assembly, ^ as i have and others have posted, you only need the middle section, and just go to a junk yard or ebay for it. Yeah the headlights are rape at a dealership especially since the factory hid ballast are built into the headlight. don't bother, either go aftermarket or jdm headlamps and get aftermarket hids especially when you're height level sensors or you're autolevel sensor goes, you'll be crying and paying an arm and leg for those sensors if you're willing to pay for it just for the autoleveling hid headlamps.
Old 04-20-11, 07:19 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesnt this have he 3rd brake light in the window too?
Old 04-20-11, 08:10 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slidingIS
doesnt this have he 3rd brake light in the window too?
i believe after 01, if the car came with the optional spoiler, they would removed the high mount behind the rear window because of the high mount attachment on the spoiler. but after 03, i believe all of them came with the spoiler as a standard thing, i have yet to see an 04/05 is300 without a spoiler(stock wise)

this should help
http://my.is/forums/f115/2001-2005-i...s-list-201863/
Old 04-20-11, 09:20 PM
dedott21
Rookie

why don't you buy and attach some red l.e.d. strips to it!try autozone or ijdmtoy.com! they shouldn't cost that much! or check out an ebay store call just lexus is300 parts! they have some reasonable parts!!! BTW?what kind of rims and what size are you running??i like them!

Last edited by dedott21; 04-20-11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-21-11, 01:57 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dedott21
why don't you buy and attach some red l.e.d. strips to it!try autozone! they shouldn't cost that much!
Great idea for a temporary fix just to get the car to pass inspection!!
Old 04-22-11, 05:54 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by the.wong.k
you don't need the whole spoiler assembly, ^ as i have and others have posted, you only need the middle section, and just go to a junk yard or ebay for it. Yeah the headlights are rape at a dealership especially since the factory hid ballast are built into the headlight. don't bother, either go aftermarket or jdm headlamps and get aftermarket hids especially when you're height level sensors or you're autolevel sensor goes, you'll be crying and paying an arm and leg for those sensors if you're willing to pay for it just for the autoleveling hid headlamps.
so if the autoleveling goes bad you replace the whole headlight assembly or that located somewhere else. ECU? I will get in touch with some junkyards and ebay. thanks
Old 04-22-11, 05:55 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Great idea for a temporary fix just to get the car to pass inspection!!

thats definitely a option thanks

Quick Reply: Inspection problems . Need new light for rear lip spoiler