IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

What is the Recommended tire size for 19s

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 10:35 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slidingIS
topsecrets car is sitting low though. you have factory wheel gap to eliminate. I think 245/35s would look amazing. but thats just me.

this is a link on my.is this car has 255/40 on the rear with factory ride height. he has the flares on his which dont really appear to be in use they appear to be for looks. take it as you want but i think the 245/35 or 245/40s would fit nice

http://my.is/forums/f90/some-new-sun...66/index2.html

thanks for that link. i luv his IS Look sleek and not overdone. im also considering gettin black housing headlights with ring leds. his tire specs is definitely Something to consider. he virtually has no gaps with that tire size factory stock height. gives the effect of it lookin lowered which is what im goin for.
Old 02-23-11, 10:53 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by baadhabit
the "225 235 or 245" represents the width of the tire. running a wider tire isnt going to help "fill in the gap". only way to stop the monster truck look is to lower the car. that car needs to be lower.

the tire height for IS 19s should be 35 if you went bigger it can start to throw off your speedo.

that link doesnt give any info on the wheel offset. knowing the offset would help tell what tire width to go with.

maybe i should go 40 in the back. 235/40 and 225/35 front. Im not too sure what a offset is or staggered . i thought it only pertained to rims with Lips. Is the offset something ill have to measure manually or are they listed on the rim. This is my first car running without stocks so im not too knowledgable about aftermarket rims. im gonna google both of those now
Old 02-23-11, 11:19 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offset is the distance from a wheels hub mounting surface to the center line of the wheel.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/wheel-tech.html

offset will play a factor on the lip size but will also place the rim on the car. for example the higher the offset the more the rim is sunk under the car. the lower the offset the more the rim sticks out from under the car. you want a good balance for looks to clear the suspension and fender wells, improve performance and tire selection.

the offset should be posted somewhere. on the boxes the rims came in, some where on the inside of the rim. some companies use a sticker on the inner barrell, some have it engraved on the inside spokes. look for "ET+_". my guess is those wheels are 35 offset

staggered just means the front and rear wheels OR tires are a different width. generally rear wheel drive cars will put wider rim/tires on the rear to get more traction and improve handling.

Last edited by baadhabit; 02-23-11 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-23-11, 11:32 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scratch that. Tenzo's site says the 19x8.5 (5x114.3 bolt pattern) Type M v2 and Cuzco v2 are +45 offset. with that size and offset you can do 225/35/19 in the front and anything from 225 to 245 in the rear. its up to you.

http://www.tenzoracingsports.com/main.php?page=wheels
Old 02-23-11, 01:57 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

I don't think she has 8.5 though...
Look how far her wheels are poking out (unless she is using spacers...)
Old 02-24-11, 07:16 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

thanks im goin to go on the hunt for 235/35 or maybe 235/40 depending on price difference.
Old 02-24-11, 07:52 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by llllllllll
I don't think she has 8.5 though...
Look how far her wheels are poking out (unless she is using spacers...)
there actually 8.5. i checked last nite. dont think i have spacers. i bought this car with the rims on it and havent took them off yet to check if they have spacers. the tires are tuck behind the fender. then bend inward. 1.5 or 2inches they may poke out then. My car shakes a little when im driving 50-60. hopefully its not a bad bearing or engine shaking at that gear. i think it may be the tires since they havent been balanced for awhile and were unable to balance them last time i took it to the shop since they were so worn down. i hope new tires i have comin solve the shaking. i heard bearings are pricey especially at dealerships.

btw luv your car. combines the two SSs(SLeek n Sexy)might have to get the same bumper as you if u dont mind. how much do those run for.
Old 02-24-11, 08:42 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

These are the two tires I will be ordering. Question: can I use all seasons in the front and summer tires in the back. 225/35s hankooks are all season. Couldn’t find ventus v4 in 235/35s but found ventus v12 in 235/35 but there summer tires.. Is this a bad combo mixing a all season with performance tire. The price is great for two wheels and reviews were decent.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....&pn=HT-1005736
Hankook Tires VENTUS V4 es H105 225/35ZR19 88W

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....08169&pID=5046

Hankook Tires Ventus V12 evo K110 235/35ZR19 91Yxl BW HWY
Old 02-24-11, 10:30 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

http://www.wheelsnext.com/preview-wh...9CE0AB55E.html

what do u guys think of these tenzos with the red stripe. the link is the preview pic of them on my ride. Gonna order these with the tire package and if i didnt like the red stripe i would just paint it black
Old 02-24-11, 10:48 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

or these
Old 02-24-11, 10:51 AM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

i cant make up my mind i like these too
Old 02-24-11, 03:19 PM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexiSoSexi
i may have to do that thanks for the input. Very tastefully done car. What front lip is that. also like your headlights. Any recommnedations for tires. i was lookin at toyos and hankooks. Reviews were decent for both. This is my Daily driver so i dont need a high performance street racing car.
Thanks.

The headlights are a factory option from Toyota often referred to as "JDM headlights". Nice lights but lots of people don't realize they are non HID lights. You can always add an aftermarket kit. I bought those lights in Japan for $300 for the set brand new from Toyota, they are pretty cheap but not if you buy them from a stateside shop. The entire body kit is also a factory option or the TRD Kit. I like Toyo tires but the ones I had on the Altezza were BFG G-Force KWD.

My advice to you is if you want a full face wheel (No lip) then 18's are big enough. If you want a wheel design with a lip, then 18's look ok but 19's look better.

Lots of guys run real aggressive offsets, pushing the limits and end up beating their fenders up and cutting tires. My setup was real conservative and I would still rub when hitting bumps and turning.

My suspension was Tein Type Flex and I loved them. When I got the car it had Tein Type HR and they went bad, then I got the Type Flex, then I took them off and sold the car with a set of Tein SS. Coilovers are great because they allow you to lower the car to the desired wheel gap.

If I had that car again, which I might in a year or so, I would do 18" TE37s. I love those wheels to death, I wish I could find a nice set for my IS350. Here is another view, many will say weak offsets.

-Ryan

Old 02-24-11, 03:30 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexiSoSexi
there actually 8.5. i checked last nite. dont think i have spacers. i bought this car with the rims on it and havent took them off yet to check if they have spacers. the tires are tuck behind the fender. then bend inward. 1.5 or 2inches they may poke out then. My car shakes a little when im driving 50-60. hopefully its not a bad bearing or engine shaking at that gear. i think it may be the tires since they havent been balanced for awhile and were unable to balance them last time i took it to the shop since they were so worn down. i hope new tires i have comin solve the shaking. i heard bearings are pricey especially at dealerships.

btw luv your car. combines the two SSs(SLeek n Sexy)might have to get the same bumper as you if u dont mind. how much do those run for.
Wow I am amazed, my rims are 19x8.5 too and yours seem to poke out a lot.
Heh well I did have all of my fenders rolled and pulled, but still!!

Thank you! Sure no problem
Rear bumper is Chargespeed, i paid $750 shipped + $400 for paint and install.
There is a replica available for $300 or $400 but it's not as nice.
(I sold my old replica for authentic bumper)
Old 02-24-11, 05:58 PM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by TOPSECRTIS
Thanks.

The headlights are a factory option from Toyota often referred to as "JDM headlights". Nice lights but lots of people don't realize they are non HID lights. You can always add an aftermarket kit. I bought those lights in Japan for $300 for the set brand new from Toyota, they are pretty cheap but not if you buy them from a stateside shop. The entire body kit is also a factory option or the TRD Kit. I like Toyo tires but the ones I had on the Altezza were BFG G-Force KWD.

My advice to you is if you want a full face wheel (No lip) then 18's are big enough. If you want a wheel design with a lip, then 18's look ok but 19's look better.

Lots of guys run real aggressive offsets, pushing the limits and end up beating their fenders up and cutting tires. My setup was real conservative and I would still rub when hitting bumps and turning.

My suspension was Tein Type Flex and I loved them. When I got the car it had Tein Type HR and they went bad, then I got the Type Flex, then I took them off and sold the car with a set of Tein SS. Coilovers are great because they allow you to lower the car to the desired wheel gap.

If I had that car again, which I might in a year or so, I would do 18" TE37s. I love those wheels to death, I wish I could find a nice set for my IS350. Here is another view, many will say weak offsets.

-Ryan

thanks for the info. i agree if u go Lip they should be over 18s. i set aside 5 grand to put into this summer. Maybe i can fit in coilovers in my budget. first im goin to see how 235/40s look on my rears to help with the gap. if they dont ill have to lower my car. i plan on ordering new set of rims next month ill have pics up then of them once i decide to either go with a full face design or a lip.
Old 02-24-11, 06:03 PM
LexiSoSexi
Rookie

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Wow I am amazed, my rims are 19x8.5 too and yours seem to poke out a lot.
Heh well I did have all of my fenders rolled and pulled, but still!!

Thank you! Sure no problem
Rear bumper is Chargespeed, i paid $750 shipped + $400 for paint and install.
There is a replica available for $300 or $400 but it's not as nice.
(I sold my old replica for authentic bumper)
my pokies or smugglin raisins arnt protruding that much. a grand for a bumper seems excessive but its very nice. if i can find one for 500 used id definitely get it unless u meant 750 for skirts, bump and front lip. heres some pics i took at the gym. u tell me if there tucked in behind the well or poke out alot. If u mean the rim design is poking then u are right
Attached Thumbnails What is the Recommended tire size for 19s-sideview-of-rims.jpg   What is the Recommended tire size for 19s-sideview-of-rims2.jpg  

Quick Reply: What is the Recommended tire size for 19s