IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

01 IS300 Front LCA Issues....Need Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-10, 12:22 PM
IS30001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 IS300 Front LCA Issues....Need Help Please!

Hi guys new here but I've been on the site alot and have received answers to most of the questions I have had just by searching. Right now I am having an issue that has stumped me and I cannot figure it out.

I have an 01 IS300 and it started making a clunking sound whenever I would turn the wheel or go over any bumpy area. Whenever I apply the brakes it pulls the car a little to the left. I took it to the shop and they said that the bushing on my front driver side LCA are bad. I looked into it and I just decided that I would replace the LCA all together due to the cost of having to having a shop actually replacing just the bushing versus me replacing the whole LCA myself.

4 days ago I replaced the LCA and everything was working fine up until yesterday when the very same problem surfaced again. To get to the point I am wondering if any has any ideas of anything else that could cause the bushing on the LCA to be taking damage. Everything looked fine and nothing was bent when I get under there to replace the arm and the shop did not see (or look) at any other problems while inspecting it.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank for the help in advance.
Old 08-20-10, 08:36 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS30001
Hi guys new here but I've been on the site alot and have received answers to most of the questions I have had just by searching. Right now I am having an issue that has stumped me and I cannot figure it out.

I have an 01 IS300 and it started making a clunking sound whenever I would turn the wheel or go over any bumpy area. Whenever I apply the brakes it pulls the car a little to the left. I took it to the shop and they said that the bushing on my front driver side LCA are bad. I looked into it and I just decided that I would replace the LCA all together due to the cost of having to having a shop actually replacing just the bushing versus me replacing the whole LCA myself.

4 days ago I replaced the LCA and everything was working fine up until yesterday when the very same problem surfaced again. To get to the point I am wondering if any has any ideas of anything else that could cause the bushing on the LCA to be taking damage. Everything looked fine and nothing was bent when I get under there to replace the arm and the shop did not see (or look) at any other problems while inspecting it.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank for the help in advance.
sounds like sway bar end links or the wheel bearing on that side. i had an issue where my drivers side front wheel bearing clunked like horrible and it was squeaking, i replaced the bearing and all that stopped for about a month, then the squeaking returned and i discovered the rotor on that side was getting hotter than the other side, thought it was a collapsed brake hose, maybe a stuck caliper, replaced both of them with no luck. turns out the hub assembly the wheel bolts to was bent, maybe from a previous owner hitting a curb or something im not sure, so i replaced it and have had no more noise and has been fine ever since and both rotors run at the same temp now. how i discovered it was bent was i was driving down the road and stuck my head out the drivers side window and noticed the driver side front wheel weaving left to right while the steering wheel was straight and the weaving corresponded with the squeak noise. i also replaced my sway bar endlinks and that helped too when going over bumps.