Im wondering what the stock exhaust size for a 1st gen is300 is? i think its 2.25 and if anyone has an extra muffler hanging around and lives near Los Angeles area please PM or email me i need one this weekend or asap next week.
ok so while searching i found this
2002 Model Year
* New Models:
* 5-speed manual transmission available on sedan
* New SportCross 5-door offered (automatic transmission only), has 7.5x17" rear rims, foglights are much flatter
* L-Tuned Edition available late 2002, includes:
- L-Tuned body kit (full front bumper with round 55 watt fog lights, rear valance, side skirts, rear spoiler and carbon fiber-style grille)
- L-Tuned 18x7.5" +42 rims in Silver or Gunmetal (Rays Versus Campionato SS7 with custom blue Lexus "L" center cap)
- 225/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport tires - L-Tuned sport muffler & larger-diameter exhaust (60mm pipe diameter & 105mm tip diameter).Adds 8 hp over stock.
- L-Tuned springs (1" drop, made by Eibach)
- L-Tuned sway bars (Made by Eibach)(28mm front/17mm rear)
- L-Tuned exterior and interior badging
- L-Tuned floormats
So im assuming the stock exhaust is smaller then 60mm (2.36) as the L-Tuned muffler is larger then stock... but im still wondering what size the stock exhaust is. Someone already said they think its 2.25 (57.15mm)
found a pic of the two mufflers... i dont think theres a huge difference in diameter of pipe.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
coolios found a muffler at a junk yard it was a little pricey 100 bucks but i need it by monday so i can have it on the car for a big meet on the 26th.
Im using it on a 95 celica with a 3sgte 3rd gen swap... I want a super stock look and thus the reason why i needed a muffler that was oem and said TOYOTA on it.
I use to run a dump pipe under the car for years up until i got a ref. tic. Since then ive been running a super restrictive 1.5 in stock celica piping.
I now plan on running a custom 2.5 set up with an electronic cut out so i can still run open header/downpipe.... but i needed a stock muffler. I thought about camrys, solaras, and avalons but they were all not good looking