is300 noob

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 01:02 PM
03blackIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is300 noob

Hello all,

I just recently picked up my first is300. Its an 03 onyx black IS with black interior. Auto - would have liked to get a manual but couldnt find one in my price range so settled for the auto for the time being. Mine is mostly stock, only mods are ksport coilovers, black grill, de-badged..pretty much stock which is what i was looking for. Previous owner also gave me a set of black housing eagle eye projector headlights (not sure if i want to put them on or not)...My plans are to get tint, intake, exhaust, rims thinking something black with polished lip..looking at either work or volk's. thats about it for my immediate plans. I'm considering eventually looking into a manual swap and turbo set up for it. My last car was a 94 twin turbo 300zx pushing 400whp, i had that for about 5 years and recently decided to move on to something newer and ended up with the IS..
Old 04-20-10, 02:20 PM
TurbIS
Rookie

congrats on the purchase, search the forums here and my.is for the best info on mods. If you are going the boost option, there are plenty of people pushing big power with the stock auto or with a few mods.
Old 04-21-10, 11:06 AM
03blackIS
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info..i just joined both forums..doing some reading up now on different options..i've noticed a few people building 500hp 300's on the stock auto..i really rather drive manual so its not a matter of being worried about breaking the auto..more of wanting to make it more enjoyable to drive although i do like the car in general so far..
Old 04-21-10, 11:21 AM
MY2J
Pole Position

welcome to the IS community. i suggest you read up more information about F/I on my.is This forum seems to lack info on the first generation and my.is seems to lack info on the second gen. So you'll pretty much be jumping back and forward between the two forums. Good luck and happy modding
Old 04-21-10, 10:35 PM
03blackIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MY2J
welcome to the IS community. i suggest you read up more information about F/I on my.is This forum seems to lack info on the first generation and my.is seems to lack info on the second gen. So you'll pretty much be jumping back and forward between the two forums. Good luck and happy modding
thanks for the advise and the welcome..i seem to be having trouble with my.is for some reason..i never recieved an email to activate my account so its not allowing me to post in there at all. i guess i'll have to try again to re-register. I've been reading up a bit on what it takes to boost the IS..anyone have advise on sites i can check out, im stuck between picking up a 2jzgte and going from there or just building on my stock motor. I've seen a few people running the SRT set ups hitting 400+ on what im guessing are stock motors (from what i see in their write ups) but not sure if they swapped internals or what ..seems like high numbers for a n/a engine with a turbo strapped on. I appreciate any good advice. thanks